Just an FYI . . .

ChrisL

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2014
Wherever the wild things are!!
Cage free does NOT mean fresh air and freedom. Keep that in mind when you think you are doing something good by buying "cage free" meat or eggs or something. I thought it meant that the animals were free roaming but it does not mean that at all. It only means they are not kept in a cage. Most often, they are still kept in just a big stall type of area that is just as filthy if not more than any cage.

It's an EGG. It doesn't taste any better if the chicken gets his own deck chair and cabana.

51bfdfde8292e8a925276b8a5aa49c02--chicken-graphic-beach-illustration.jpg

It's an EGG. It doesn't taste any better if the chicken gets his own deck chair and cabana.

Yes but some people want the animals they eat to be treated well while they are alive and maybe in a bit cleaner, more sanitary environments. Chicken farms (big huge ones) can be really quite disgusting and filthy I've heard. People want to think of their chickens as pecking seeds off the ground on a nice farm, you know? :D

Yes but some people want the animals they eat to be treated well while they are alive and maybe in a bit cleaner, more sanitary environments. Chicken farms (big huge ones) can be really quite disgusting and filthy I've heard. People want to think of their chickens as pecking seeds off the ground on a nice farm, you know? :D

Chickens eat a lot more than seeds.

Chickens are disgusting creatures. They wouldn't survive ten minutes in the wild. They aren't going to live actualized, meaningful lives. They're food.

I don't care if a chicken was brutally gang raped before I eat it, as long as it still tastes good.

Chickens are disgusting creatures. They wouldn't survive ten minutes in the wild. They aren't going to live actualized, meaningful lives. They're food.

My aunt has chickens and hers are not dirty at all. She keeps their pen nice and clean and they have a little area (a patio if you will) where they can go outside and hang out whenever they want. She has them for the eggs only. She already named them, so . . . .

I think she has like 5 chickens and 1 rooster.

I don't care if a chicken was brutally gang raped before I eat it, as long as it still tastes good.

Supposedly, they taste better when they are killed humanely. Adrenaline gives meat a gamy flavor and can make the meat tougher believe it or not. That is one reason why hunters like to take out a deer with the first shot.

My aunt has chickens and hers are not dirty at all. She keeps their pen nice and clean and they have a little area (a patio if you will) where they can go outside and hang out whenever they want. She has them for the eggs only. She already named them, so . . . .

I had two chickens .. named one fettuccine and the other Kiev.

I would prefer the animals I eat at least have a humane life while they are alive. I would be more than willing to pay a couple of extra dollars for that, and I think it is the right and the good thing to do.

I had two chickens .. named one fettuccine and the other Kiev.

Not supposed to give names to animals you plan to eat. That is a sign of attachment, even if you named them after food. :) You are giving them meaning by naming them.

I had two pet roosters as a kid. Henry and Henriette. We'd let them run around loose in the yard. They'd come in and out of the house. The night my stepdad put them in a cage a coyote got them.

I had two pet roosters as a kid. Henry and Henriette. We'd let them run around loose in the yard. They'd come in and out of the house. The night my stepdad put them in a cage a coyote got them.

Aww. That sucks.

I can't even understand how people can treat an animal bad anyways. I really love animals. I could probably get attached to a chicken. I wish they didn't taste so good. Lol.

Supposedly, they taste better when they are killed humanely. Adrenaline gives meat a gamy flavor and can make the meat tougher believe it or not. That is one reason why hunters like to take out a deer with the first shot.
The Chinese say that adrenaline provides healthy properties that the body can use. For instance they believe that high adrenaline meat helps male virility.
That is why I always ask wait staff if the cow was tortured prior to slaughter. That way I can make sure the Mrs. is happy with the meal and at home.
Food for thought!
knowing.jpg

wrong a free range chickens eggs are much better eggs than store bought eggs....richer color and denser yolks...my chickens are true pastured chickens...which is the new term ...instead of free range...pastured means they are let out into a large field...daily....mine are allowed to roam freely then cooped at night....

Forum List

Back