Just an FYI . . .

Arrogant selfish people who are lower beasts on the totem pole than any dirty chicken, I can tell you that much. :D

Anyways, I'm sure most people are aware that animals do not sing or dance or star in movies (although some of them actually do dance and star in movies!)

All of your inherent pompous arrogant human behavior aside, the animals deserve better treatment while they live. It isn't that expensive to keep a clean and humane environment. It can be done and it is done in some cases.

That won't look so appetizing after you watch some of these. Lol!

I know what happens to food. I'm not some schmuck from the city. I know where meat comes from and it's not Safeway.

chicken.jpg

Commercial food production, which may be upsetting to those who think animals sing, dance, and star in animated movies, is part of the reality of feeding the 8 Billion people on this planet. It's done as hygienically and humanely as economics permit.

Arrogant selfish people who are lower beasts on the totem pole than any dirty chicken,

This is going to come as a total shock ... but people are more important than animals. Our duty to human life supersedes the lives of animals ... no exceptions. There is no excuse for the unnecessary mistreatment of animals but ... for the record ...

I would personally murder with my own hands every chicken on this planet to save the life of one New York City crackhead.

If you're not willing to do the same, your priorities are completely out of whack.

Arrogant selfish people who are lower beasts on the totem pole than any dirty chicken,

This is going to come as a total shock ... but people are more important than animals. Our duty to human life supersedes the lives of animals ... no exceptions. There is no excuse for the unnecessary mistreatment of animals but ... for the record ...

I would personally murder with my own hands every chicken on this planet to save the life of one New York City crackhead.

If you're not willing to do the same, your priorities are completely out of whack.

A crackhead? Wait, don't let me find you posting on the death penalty threads then. K? :D

A crackhead? Wait, don't let me find you posting on the death penalty threads then. K? :D

Capital punishment saves human lives. Studies show that 97.8% of all murderers don't re-offend after receiving the death penalty.

Anyways, sometimes these food animals are kept in despicable and deplorable conditions. It is inhumane and unnecessary to treat any living creature in such a manner. So, at least give people a decent choice and don't try to trick us by claiming something is "cage free" when in reality you are just sticking them in a much LARGER cage with a bunch of other chickens while they are fighting and pecking each other's eyeballs out and their wounds are full of feces, and they are sick and diseased, and then they are slaughtered and you are eating them. That is gross and cruel.

Capital punishment saves human lives. Studies show that 97.8% of all murderers don't re-offend after receiving the death penalty.

Oh, so then you wouldn't actually kill all the chickens to save a human life. The point of the matter is, these companies try to trick people into thinking they are treating the animals humanely when they aren't. Are they charging more for these eggs that are alleged "cage free?" Probably.

Oh, so then you wouldn't actually kill all the chickens to save a human life.

If it came to that ... with a smile on my face.

There are some humans I would kill to save human life as well ...

1936nurembergrally.jpg

1936nurembergrally.jpg

Good grief. Are you actually going to make this into yet ANOTHER Nazi type of thread? This is the food forum, to remind you. Let's keep things in perspective here.

Now, like I already said, the point of the matter is that these companies use word games to trick people into thinking they are treating animals in a humane way when they are not. They are more than likely charging extra money for eggs and chickens that are "cage free." It is a scam and people should know that. I and many other people would be willing to pay extra money for food that is from places where they do treat the animals humanely and where they live in a clean environment.

It's an EGG. It doesn't taste any better if the chicken gets his own deck chair and cabana.

51bfdfde8292e8a925276b8a5aa49c02--chicken-graphic-beach-illustration.jpg

wrong a free range chickens eggs are much better eggs than store bought eggs....richer color and denser yolks...my chickens are true pastured chickens...which is the new term ...instead of free range...pastured means they are let out into a large field...daily....mine are allowed to roam freely then cooped at night....

Far as I understand, and admittedly I'm not standing in a grocery store right now, "cage free" is one designation put on egg cartons, and "free roaming" is another. I take those to mean two different things, no?

This is going to come as a total shock ... but people are more important than animals.
:lmao:

The colossally idiocratic arrogance of the self-infatuated speciesist.

Predictably followed by:

1936nurembergrally.jpg

Note the camera angle --- the poster is one of the marching drones. Logically so, since he's afflicted with the same superiorist arrogance as they are.

This is going to come as a total shock ... but people are more important than animals.

Predictably followed by:

1936nurembergrally.jpg

Note the camera angle --- the poster is one of the marching drones. Logically so, since he's afflicted with the same superiorist arrogance as they are.

Even if he was to think that people are more important than animals, does that make it okay to treat the animals in an inhumane manner? I don't think so. In fact, if we really were superior, we would not want to treat the "lower animals" badly.

The last batch of eggs I bought I made sure they said "free range" and were from a fairly local farm. That is all I really wanted to say, is to be careful of the wording on egg cartons, that when they say "cage free" that doesn't mean they are free roaming birds. I have no clue how this turned into posting pictures of marching Nazis. :D

Predictably followed by:

1936nurembergrally.jpg

Even if he was to think that people are more important than animals, does that make it okay to treat the animals in an inhumane manner? I don't think so. In fact, if we really were superior, we would not want to treat the "lower animals" badly.

The last batch of eggs I bought I made sure they said "free range" and were from a fairly local farm. That is all I really wanted to say, is to be careful of the wording on egg cartons, that when they say "cage free" that doesn't mean they are free roaming birds. I have no clue how this turned into posting pictures of marching Nazis. :D

The cages on some farms isn't about cruelty though. It can be about protecting the fowl from predators. A free range chicken would be coyote food in our area pretty quickly.

Predictably followed by:

1936nurembergrally.jpg

The cages on some farms isn't about cruelty though. It can be about protecting the fowl from predators. A free range chicken would be coyote food in our area pretty quickly.

It may indeed be, but from the bird's perspective, she's still confined.

I'd still like to know if there's a (regulatory) difference between labeling a carton "cage free" and labeling it "free range". There oughta be.

Predictably followed by:

1936nurembergrally.jpg

As far as certain people's cavalier attitude toward Life as expressed in the homocenticity where it's even possible to view another LIfe form as "it's just food", that's another manifestation of the culture of death we live in. It starts with the whole "dominion over the earth" bullshit, which is ancient political propaganda used as a pretext for exactly the kind of anti-Life crapola he just articulated, and then genocide.

Predictably followed by:

1936nurembergrally.jpg

It may indeed be, but from the bird's perspective, she's still confined.

I'd still like to know if there's a (regulatory) difference between labeling a carton "cage free" and labeling it "free range". There oughta be.

The USDA requirements are that to be labeled cage free it has to not be kept in a cage and to be free range it has to have access to the outdoors even if that access is never used or that they are in a caged area once out doors. Unless the are certified by the HFAC as humanely raised, your free range eggs could very well be coming from just as poor conditions as my plain old 89 cent a dozen Aldi eggs (or whatever it is. I never look at the price of eggs from there. They are cheap).

When I can get them, I do get some local farm eggs from an old lady who treats her hens like they are her granddaughters, but she is very hit and miss with those. When I do get them, they are mighty good.

Forum List

Back