Judge Tosses Out Suit Over Mosque Near Ground Zero

I still think it would have failed. I don't think any of those legs stand. It's more about the leaders wanting to build the Mosque there having no sensitivity or empathy for the victim dead.

The issue isn’t the merits of the case but that suit was brought at all; that one group of Americans felt compelled to dictate to another group of American where they may or may not worship.

What Brown and others fail to understand is that 9/11 had nothing to do with Islam, it was an act of terrorism committed by criminals – their religion incidental. Muslims, as Americans, were as much a target and victims as anyone else.

And attacks/death are still occurring.

Against Muslims, yes.

I still think it would have failed. I don't think any of those legs stand. It's more about the leaders wanting to build the Mosque there having no sensitivity or empathy for the victim dead.

The issue isn’t the merits of the case but that suit was brought at all; that one group of Americans felt compelled to dictate to another group of American where they may or may not worship.

What Brown and others fail to understand is that 9/11 had nothing to do with Islam, it was an act of terrorism committed by criminals – their religion incidental. Muslims, as Americans, were as much a target and victims as anyone else.

And attacks/death are still occurring.

Against Muslims, yes.

Yes, he has that right to attempt to circumvent a religion or any other group, organization's purposes. Separation of church and state and governance, remember?. I think all religious organizations need to be taxed as well.

I can understand a desire to remodel the constitution so that it restricts access.

I just disagree with it. I think it is good that it was brought up as America is run by the rule of law.

But you propose to delimit that right? The founding fathers had people like you figured out long ago when they drafted the architecture of the Constitution.

That's why the Mosque should be there. Not because you chose to limit the freedom of access. But because it can't be stopped and the right is there.

I just have my personal view as stated.

And New Yorkers are still stopping the plots and all the other stuff just as they will have to do and they will shrug this off. But it's not in good taste to my view.

Last edited:
The building of this community center / mosque has as nothing to do with 911

There is a large Muslim population that lives in that downtown area.

So it only makes sense to construct a larger building for their growing community.

The only people who have a problem with this are the ones who connect 9/11 with all of islam and all muslims.

Of course in order to do that, one has to be a bigot. It'd be like me saying no christians should be able to go to a hospital that a doctor was killed at by a christian who represents the most radical fringe version of christianity. The whining about the mosque is just as ignorant, hateful, stupid and bigotted as that stance would be.

Forum List

Back