Judge strikes down voter id law

You don't need to show your birth certificate every time you use your ebt card.

Nor when you vote.

But you DO have to show photo ID.

So, HOW do you get your food stamps?

I think all adults have had either the ss card or birth certificate at some point, however they get lost and or misplaced, especially for the poor who move often.

If they don't have a photo ID, they can't cash an SSI check or get their EBT for food stamps and welfare.

The meme you recite is bullshit - as this demonstrates.

There is ONE, and ONLY ONE reason to oppose voter ID, to promote election fraud.

At least like most conservatives you’re consistent in your ignorance.

For example, most SSI recipients receive their monthly benefit as a direct deposit into an account at their financial institution, no ID required. Still more have their benefit placed on their EBT card to use at an ATM, again no ID required.

And if an ID is required, that’s a specific policy enforced by a private sector merchant or bank, not a government or law-making entity. The case law that applies to governments with regard to restricting a fundamental right, such as voting, doesn’t apply to the private sector – no one has a ‘right’ to cash a check or use an EBT card.

Your analogy therefore fails.

Moreover, receiving pubic assistance is very similar to voting: one provides ID only at an initial application – just as when one is registering to vote – and is not required to show ID subsequently to access benefits, just as one should not be required to provide ID after registering to vote.

Consequently, since there is no evidence demonstrating an issue with voter ‘fraud,’ there is one reason and one reason only to support voter ID laws: the effort to disenfranchise voters perceived by republicans and conservatives as likely democratic voters.

Nor when you vote.

I think all adults have had either the ss card or birth certificate at some point, however they get lost and or misplaced, especially for the poor who move often.

If they don't have a photo ID, they can't cash an SSI check or get their EBT for food stamps and welfare.

There is ONE, and ONLY ONE reason to oppose voter ID, to promote election fraud.

For example, most SSI recipients receive their monthly benefit as a direct deposit into an account at their financial institution, no ID required. Still more have their benefit placed on their EBT card to use at an ATM, again no ID required.

And if an ID is required, that’s a specific policy enforced by a private sector merchant or bank, not a government or law-making entity. The case law that applies to governments with regard to restricting a fundamental right, such as voting, doesn’t apply to the private sector – no one has a ‘right’ to cash a check or use an EBT card.

Moreover, receiving pubic assistance is very similar to voting: one provides ID only at an initial application – just as when one is registering to vote – and is not required to show ID subsequently to access benefits, just as one should not be required to provide ID after registering to vote.

Consequently, since there is no evidence demonstrating an issue with voter ‘fraud,’ there is one reason and one reason only to support voter ID laws: the effort to disenfranchise voters perceived by republicans and conservatives as likely democratic voters.

They have to have id to get those food stamps cards and that supplemental money in the first place. No ID is required to register to vote and in our state illegals are granted driver's licenses so even they can vote. They don't check for citizenship. I know I'm not the only one who heard that illegal say life on national television "WE vote too". And no one called him on that. My brother in law is a legal resident and HE doesn't vote and he has a PHD. I'd rather he be voting than some illegal alien but of course, illegals are encouraged in this country while the legal immigrants are spat upon by our government.

Nor when you vote.

See that bolded and underlined part up there Clayton? THAT is where your argument fails miserably. NOBODY is required to show an ID when they register to vote, they simply fill out the form and sign it, but being a Democrat hack you don't want people to know the truth, you'd rather promulgate the ONE BIG LIE that holds your house of cards together.

This is one of those issues that shows just how shalllow the limited-government ethos runs with most Republicans. When it enhances their own power and influence, they're more than happy to enlist Big Brother.

This is one of those issues that shows just how shalllow the limited-government ethos runs with most Republicans. When it enhances their own power and influence, they're more than happy to enlist Big Brother.

If you're addressing this comment to me, you should know that you are way off base. I have no desire to disenfranchise legal voters, but there ARE 30 million illegal aliens in this country and according to the information I've seen, over 80% of them have NO FEAR of voting in our elections. That shit has to stop.

All this sniveling about how hard it is or how much it costs to get a valid ID is nothing but BULLSHIT! I'm poor as a fucking churchmouse, but I do what it takes to make sure I've got an ID, and I don't get it for free, either. States are giving FREE ID's to people who say they can't afford them, and if folks are having such a hard time getting to the DMV, how the fuck are they going to get to the polling station?

If you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to fear.

The authoritarian refrain.

I don't trust you to write a check without ID, I don't trust you to use a credit card without ID, I don't trust you to get your food stamps without ID, but voting for the most powerful office in the world ain't no big thang.

The pro-fraud refrain.

Is that what happens when you use a SNAP benfits card?

Well, those are your opinions, and they are wrong.

But you can give us credible, supportable sources, hmmm?

If you're addressing this comment to me, you should know that you are way off base. I have no desire to disenfranchise legal voters, but there ARE 30 million illegal aliens in this country and according to the information I've seen, over 80% of them have NO FEAR of voting in our elections. That shit has to stop.

All this sniveling about how hard it is or how much it costs to get a valid ID is nothing but BULLSHIT! I'm poor as a fucking churchmouse, but I do what it takes to make sure I've got an ID, and I don't get it for free, either. States are giving FREE ID's to people who say they can't afford them, and if folks are having such a hard time getting to the DMV, how the fuck are they going to get to the polling station?

Well, those are your opinions, and they are wrong.

But you can give us credible, supportable sources, hmmm?

Oh, look! Fakey comes down on the left's side of an issue!

Gasp. I mean, whatever. :cool:

Nope, daveman the democratic plant (I am onto you), I am attacking a far right extremist's points who should not be in the Republican Party.

Stay on track, boy.

Apparently you are not required to show an ID to vote but you do need one to get into the Democratic National Convention. Guess the Dems are afraid of dead people or illegal aliens getting into the convention.

You have to have a photo ID to drive a car. You have to have a photo ID to purchase alcohol, cigarettes or firearms. Per TSA requirements all airlines will require a photo ID at check in, and you have to have a photo ID to cross through a security checkpoint at an airport, or an international border. You have to have a photo ID to purchase an Amtrack ticket. You have to have a photo ID to register to take an ACT or SAT test. Most colleges and Universities require a photo ID to register for classes. Most Hospitals and Medical Clinics will require a photo ID at check in. You have to present a photo ID to enter any Federal Government office buildings, and most State Legislature buildings. In fact at the MA state Dem convention every one had to present photo ID to enter the convention floor. If you wanted to attend one of Michelle Obama's book signings you had to present a photo ID. Yet somehow, all these things are more important than voting for our nation's leaders.. hmmm (Oh yeah, I forgot - we all belong to the government now!)

I gather the judges did not uphold Texas' law because it was so stringent, compared to other voter photo IDs the judges have upheld.

You have to have a photo ID to drive a car. You have to have a photo ID to purchase alcohol, cigarettes or firearms. Per TSA requirements all airlines will require a photo ID at check in, and you have to have a photo ID to cross through a security checkpoint at an airport, or an international border. You have to have a photo ID to purchase an Amtrack ticket. You have to have a photo ID to register to take an ACT or SAT test. Most colleges and Universities require a photo ID to register for classes. Most Hospitals and Medical Clinics will require a photo ID at check in. You have to present a photo ID to enter any Federal Government office buildings, and most State Legislature buildings. In fact at the MA state Dem convention every one had to present photo ID to enter the convention floor. If you wanted to attend one of Michelle Obama's book signings you had to present a photo ID. Yet somehow, all these things are more important than voting for our nation's leaders.. hmmm (Oh yeah, I forgot - we all belong to the government now!)

And what does everything above have in common…

Unlike voting, they’re not fundamental rights.

Clayton, I think you missed this response to you from yesterday, or you're ignoring it in the hopes it will go away...

Nor when you vote.

See that bolded and underlined part up there Clayton? THAT is where your argument fails miserably. NOBODY is required to show an ID when they register to vote, they simply fill out the form and sign it, but being a Democrat hack you don't want people to know the truth, you'd rather promulgate the ONE BIG LIE that holds your house of cards together.

IMO,

How else will Obama get elected if the illegal aliens don’t vote for him with dead people’s identities? That’s how he got elected the first time by the illegal alien’s voting for him with stolen identities.

The illegal aliens voted with the help of the Hispanic organization’s and the ACLU busing them from polling station to polling station and from state to state!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back