Judge rules against homosexual couple in retirement home lawsuit

Federal judge rules against lesbians turned away by retirement home

I'm sure there were no other retirement villages they could live in eh? Just happened to apply to one that has rules against homosexual perverts.

I'm not gay but totally against the ruling.

Bev Nance and Mary Walsh had applied to live at the Friendship Village senior living facility in Sunset Hill in 2016, their attorney, Julie Wilensky, told NBC News.

The request was denied by Friendship Village at the time because the community’s policy only allowed married couples who were in unions between "one man and one woman."

Months later, Nance, 68, and Walsh, 72, brought a lawsuit against the community, accusing it of sex discrimination, which is a violation of the Fair Housing Act.

A lot of old people really don't go for sexual perversion, why do libs want to aggravate the geezers and old bags who are supposed to be enjoying their golden years?
Thank you so much for that brilliant essay on the social, moral and legal aspects of this important and timely issue of civil and human rights. You are to be commended on your vast intellectual contributions and for raising the level of civil discourse on the USMB to new lofty heights! God bless you!

The ruling was correct as homosexuality is not protected under federal civil rights legislation, however, philosophically I agree with you. They should be allowed to live there. This is the 21st-century for God’s sake.

Really, yet they allow gay people to risk their life's in the military, don't ask and don't tell.
Gays wanted to join the military.

I'm sure there were no other retirement villages they could live in eh? Just happened to apply to one that has rules against homosexual perverts.

Bev Nance and Mary Walsh had applied to live at the Friendship Village senior living facility in Sunset Hill in 2016, their attorney, Julie Wilensky, told NBC News.

The request was denied by Friendship Village at the time because the community’s policy only allowed married couples who were in unions between "one man and one woman."

Months later, Nance, 68, and Walsh, 72, brought a lawsuit against the community, accusing it of sex discrimination, which is a violation of the Fair Housing Act.

A lot of old people really don't go for sexual perversion, why do libs want to aggravate the geezers and old bags who are supposed to be enjoying their golden years?
Thank you so much for that brilliant essay on the social, moral and legal aspects of this important and timely issue of civil and human rights. You are to be commended on your vast intellectual contributions and for raising the level of civil discourse on the USMB to new lofty heights! God bless you!

Maybe I'm nuts, but I just think that most sexual perverts would really prefer to spend their own golden years with others of a similar kinky persuasion.

The ruling was correct as homosexuality is not protected under federal civil rights legislation, however, philosophically I agree with you. They should be allowed to live there. This is the 21st-century for God’s sake.

Really, yet they allow gay people to risk their life's in the military, don't ask and don't tell.
Gays wanted to join the military.

I'm sure a lot of homosexuals are really hot to trot to join outfits like the military where they get the opportunity to shower with naked men. But that's also the same reason why a lot of straight men in the army don't care to have flaming gays in their units. The idea of sodomy just repels them.

This ruling will certainly please Republicans in Missouri; we all know that Republicans are bigots that hate gays, among other demographics.
It has nothing to do with hate. More like pity you feel for anyone with a mental condition. I don’t hate drug addicts, for example, I pity their deviant compulsions.

The acts of homosexuals are repugnant to many. Repugnance isn’t hatred. It’s a visceral aversion like one feels in the presence of a dog with rabies. You don’t hate a rabid dog. You steer clear of it.

That may piss you off. But this is about behaviors, not static conditions. The retirement place may not want to lease to admitted meth addicts either. Or heroin addicts. Their behaviors may upset the rest of the residents & since harmony is paramount at these places, the managers set all manner of requirements on behaviors to keep the harmony intact.

Oh, bullshit. When you make up stories just to smear queers it isn't about hate? You're so desperate to hate fags you blame them for shit they literally had nothing to do with. Why? Because that's what irrational hatred does.

This ruling will certainly please Republicans in Missouri; we all know that Republicans are bigots that hate gays, among other demographics.
It has nothing to do with hate. More like pity you feel for anyone with a mental condition. I don’t hate drug addicts, for example, I pity their deviant compulsions.

The acts of homosexuals are repugnant to many. Repugnance isn’t hatred. It’s a visceral aversion like one feels in the presence of a dog with rabies. You don’t hate a rabid dog. You steer clear of it.

That may piss you off. But this is about behaviors, not static conditions. The retirement place may not want to lease to admitted meth addicts either. Or heroin addicts. Their behaviors may upset the rest of the residents & since harmony is paramount at these places, the managers set all manner of requirements on behaviors to keep the harmony intact.

Oh, bullshit. When you make up stories just to smear queers it isn't about hate? You're so desperate to hate fags you blame them for shit they literally had nothing to do with. Why? Because that's what irrational hatred does.

You sound a little grumpy on this thread mdk. Want to talk about it?

Are you a little miffed about the Ruling? Instead of ad hominem, which gives away your frustration & weak arguments, tell me how you think the Ruling was wrong or right?

You sound a little grumpy on this thread mdk. Want to talk about it?

Are you a little miffed about the Ruling? Instead of ad hominem, which gives away your frustration & weak arguments, tell me how you think the Ruling was wrong or right?

Why would I be grumpy? I agree with the ruling. Much to your delight, gay people are not a federally protected class, but I am opposed to such a status for any group. You on the other hand...

Also, this charade about you not being a hater is only fooling yourself.

I agree with the ruling. Much to your delight, gay people are not a federally protected class....
OK.

Well, if people who do gay stuff aren’t protected, why did the USSC continually interweave (in literally almost every paragraph they did this, on purpose) the words “same sex” with “gays & lesbians” & “homosexuals” in Obergefell’s Ruling; citing the 14th as the backbone of their rationale?

I agree with the ruling. Much to your delight, gay people are not a federally protected class....
OK.

Well, if people who do gay stuff aren’t protected, why did the USSC continually interweave (in literally almost every paragraph they did this, on purpose) the words “same sex” with “gays & lesbians” & “homosexuals” in Obergefell’s Ruling; citing the 14th as the backbone of their rationale?

They are not protected by the Fair Housing Act which is what the lesbians were citing for their lawsuits. I wouldn't to live a such a retirement home anyway.

OK.

They are not protected by the Fair Housing Act which is what the lesbians were citing for their lawsuits. I wouldn't to live a such a retirement home anyway.
Um...the 14th would give them same privileges & immunities in all areas. Not just marriage. So...WTF are you actually saying mdk?

Forum List

Back