Judge rules against homosexual couple in retirement home lawsuit

Federal judge rules against lesbians turned away by retirement home

I'm sure there were no other retirement villages they could live in eh? Just happened to apply to one that has rules against homosexual perverts.
If you read the article, the timing of the lesbians application & claims coincides with the RGB movie “On the Basis of Sex”. Where they’re trying to blend what a person’s gender is with what they DO with that gender by misnaming the title on purpose.

The Courts are resisting this & a lower court in Hively v Ivy tech found the same thing: that sexual orientation isnt covered under the civil rights act, but that gender is. Sex isn’t. Gender is. See why they (mis)named the movie that? They’re hoping to slide this under the radar.

The problem the courts are wisely seeing is that once you make exceptions for one deviant orientation, there is no “off” button in the 14th Amendment nor the offshoot: The Civil Rights Act to bar any and all other possible deviant kinks to gain same coverage.

This really is a clean Ruling of blind justice. The court rightly limited its powers & messaged the plaintiffs that if you want what you do in bed to be having special protections, the legislature is the door you need to knock on.

I think this is a signal that the days of arbitrary judicial legislation favoring just lgbt kinks (but not others) are over. Where are polygamy marriages? Etc? See? It’s not fair.

I'm sure there were no other retirement villages they could live in eh? Just happened to apply to one that has rules against homosexual perverts.

I'm not gay but totally against the ruling.

Bev Nance and Mary Walsh had applied to live at the Friendship Village senior living facility in Sunset Hill in 2016, their attorney, Julie Wilensky, told NBC News.

The request was denied by Friendship Village at the time because the community’s policy only allowed married couples who were in unions between "one man and one woman."

Months later, Nance, 68, and Walsh, 72, brought a lawsuit against the community, accusing it of sex discrimination, which is a violation of the Fair Housing Act.

Ok. If you were writing an appeal on the Ruling, why or how could you insist that women who sexually prefer lesbianism have that preference covered under the Civil Rights Act without that Act being first amended?

And as a bonus question, if you were the Congress, how would you word such an amendment to the Act that didn’t appear arbitrarily in favor of just gays & trannies while shutting out other sexual behaviors like incest or polygamy? Remember, the Act is tied to the blind-inclusive 14th Amendment.

It’s one thing to say you oppose the Ruling. It’s another to outline your rationale for your opposition.

Bev Nance and Mary Walsh had applied to live at the Friendship Village senior living facility in Sunset Hill in 2016, their attorney, Julie Wilensky, told NBC News.

The request was denied by Friendship Village at the time because the community’s policy only allowed married couples who were in unions between "one man and one woman."

Months later, Nance, 68, and Walsh, 72, brought a lawsuit against the community, accusing it of sex discrimination, which is a violation of the Fair Housing Act.
So you are against PRIVATE companies determining who they allow to live in THEIR community? No surprise there.

Ok. If you were writing an appeal on the Ruling, why or how could you insist that women who sexually prefer lesbianism have that preference covered under the Civil Rights Act without that Act being first amended?

And as a bonus question, if you were the Congress, how would you word such an amendment to the Act that didn’t appear arbitrarily in favor of just gays & trannies while shutting out other sexual behaviors like incest or polygamy? Remember, the Act is tied to the blind-inclusive 14th Amendment.

It’s one thing to say you oppose the Ruling. It’s another to outline your rationale for your opposition.
A very rational well thought out post. I'm sure it will bother leftists.

Why does Odium hate so much people who have never done anything wrong to him? He gloats about the mistreatment of innocent people. What is this weirdness about?

This ruling will certainly please Republicans in Missouri; we all know that Republicans are bigots that hate gays, among other demographics.
It has nothing to do with hate. More like pity you feel for anyone with a mental condition. I don’t hate drug addicts, for example, I pity their deviant compulsions.

The acts of homosexuals are repugnant to many. Repugnance isn’t hatred. It’s a visceral aversion like one feels in the presence of a dog with rabies. You don’t hate a rabid dog. You steer clear of it.

That may piss you off. But this is about behaviors, not static conditions. The retirement place may not want to lease to admitted meth addicts either. Or heroin addicts. Their behaviors may upset the rest of the residents & since harmony is paramount at these places, the managers set all manner of requirements on behaviors to keep the harmony intact.

This ruling will certainly please Republicans in Missouri; we all know that Republicans are bigots that hate gays, among other demographics.

It has nothing to do with hate. More like pity you feel for anyone with a mental condition. I don’t hate drug addicts, for example, I pity their deviant compulsions.

The acts of homosexuals are repugnant to many. Repugnance isn’t hatred. It’s a visceral aversion like one feels in the presence of a dog with rabies. You don’t hate a rabid dog. You steer clear of it.

That may piss you off. But this is about behaviors, not static conditions. The retirement place may not want to lease to admitted meth addicts either. Or heroin addicts. Their behaviors may upset the rest of the residents & since harmony is paramount at these places, the managers set all manner of requirements on behaviors to keep the harmony intact.

There are plenty of folks with a "mental condition."

So, your solution is to refuse service, in this case a right to rental of a property, to those, IYO, with a mental condition?

If we deny everyone with a 'mental condition' I guess Trump would be the first one on the list.

The ruling was correct as homosexuality is not protected under federal civil rights legislation, however, philosophically I agree with you. They should be allowed to live there. This is the 21st-century for God’s sake.

So, your solution is to refuse service, in this case a right to rental of a property, to those, IYO, with a mental condition?

If we deny everyone with a 'mental condition' I guess Trump would be the first one on the list.
Totally agree about Trump. I’m a moderate dem who voted for Hillary up ticket & conservatives down ticket. Trump is insane.

And yes, these retirement places have a whole laundry list of disqualifies based on preserving harmony among all tenants. Race of course wouldn’t be a factor but behaviors would.

The ruling was correct as homosexuality is not protected under federal civil rights legislation, however, philosophically I agree with you. They should be allowed to live there. This is the 21st-century for God’s sake.
So then, polygamists too.

All sexual orientations besides the normal innate one we are all born with (gone crosswired via repetition/conditioning in some), or none. You can’t be arbitrary.

Really, yet they allow gay people to risk their life's in the military, don't ask and don't tell.

Totally agree about Trump. I’m a moderate dem who voted for Hillary up ticket & conservatives down ticket. Trump is insane.

And yes, these retirement places have a whole laundry list of disqualifies based on preserving harmony among all tenants. Race of course wouldn’t be a factor but behaviors would.

My late mother was director of nursing for many years for a nursing home.
In her later years she & my late father both endured lengthy stays at nursing homes.
I have had dealings with multiple levels of nursing home staff, including location management.
I understand a thing, or two about nursing homes.

So, IYO, what "behaviors" would Nance, 68, and Walsh, 72, be most likely to demonstrate in a nursing home?

So then, polygamists too.

All sexual orientations besides the normal innate one we are all born with (gone crosswired via repetition/conditioning in some), or none. You can’t be arbitrary.

Polygamy is against the law in the US, last I knew gays were allowed to be married with the same rights.

Forum List

Back