Judge rules against homosexual couple in retirement home lawsuit

Federal judge rules against lesbians turned away by retirement home

I'm sure there were no other retirement villages they could live in eh? Just happened to apply to one that has rules against homosexual perverts.
Yes they probably could find another community The issue is should they have to find another community ? They should have their CHOICE of communities just like YOUR SORRY ASS would have YOUR choice of a community!
And the OWNERS of the community and RESIDENTS of that community should have no say so eh? Typical totalitarian leftist.

The ruling was correct as homosexuality is not protected under federal civil rights legislation, however, philosophically I agree with you. They should be allowed to live there. This is the 21st-century for God’s sake.
So then, polygamists too.

All sexual orientations besides the normal innate one we are all born with (gone crosswired via repetition/conditioning in some), or none. You can’t be arbitrary.

If someone has more than one spouse what do you care?

I'm not gay but totally against the ruling.

The ruling was correct as homosexuality is not protected under federal civil rights legislation, however, philosophically I agree with you. They should be allowed to live there. This is the 21st-century for God’s sake.

Really, yet they allow gay people to risk their life's in the military, don't ask and don't tell.

What does that have to do with the language in the civil rights laws?

I'm sure there were no other retirement villages they could live in eh? Just happened to apply to one that has rules against homosexual perverts.

Bev Nance and Mary Walsh had applied to live at the Friendship Village senior living facility in Sunset Hill in 2016, their attorney, Julie Wilensky, told NBC News.

The request was denied by Friendship Village at the time because the community’s policy only allowed married couples who were in unions between "one man and one woman."

Months later, Nance, 68, and Walsh, 72, brought a lawsuit against the community, accusing it of sex discrimination, which is a violation of the Fair Housing Act.

Ok, you're against it, but why do you need to qualify your opinion by saying you're not gay ?

A couple of lesbians in surgical stockings and oxygen tanks and colostomy bags on sounds kinky.

Yes they probably could find another community The issue is should they have to find another community ? They should have their CHOICE of communities just like YOUR SORRY ASS would have YOUR choice of a community!
And the OWNERS of the community and RESIDENTS of that community should have no say so eh? Typical totalitarian leftist.
Call me all of the stupid names that you want. If they are operating a place of public accommodation they should not be allowed to discriminate,

Bev Nance and Mary Walsh had applied to live at the Friendship Village senior living facility in Sunset Hill in 2016, their attorney, Julie Wilensky, told NBC News.

The request was denied by Friendship Village at the time because the community’s policy only allowed married couples who were in unions between "one man and one woman."

Months later, Nance, 68, and Walsh, 72, brought a lawsuit against the community, accusing it of sex discrimination, which is a violation of the Fair Housing Act.

A lot of old people really don't go for sexual perversion, why do libs want to aggravate the geezers and old bags who are supposed to be enjoying their golden years?

Call me all of the stupid names that you want. If they are operating a place of public accommodation they should not be allowed to discriminate,

Spoken, again, like a totalitarian leftist. What is your aversion to letting people do business with who they WANT to do business with?

So then, polygamists too.

All sexual orientations besides the normal innate one we are all born with (gone crosswired via repetition/conditioning in some), or none. You can’t be arbitrary.

Polygamy is against the law in the US, last I knew gays were allowed to be married with the same rights.

So why is polygamy illegal?

So why is polygamy illegal?
It isn’t. Polyamory is an activity carried out legally behind closed doors with consenting adults just like sodomy in the spirit of Lawrence v Texas.

Oh, you mean why can’t polyamorists legally marry each others? (Polygamy). That’s a good question. Penelope, why can’t the polyamory sexual orientation get married when homosexuals can if both sexual orientations are legal behind closed doors?

What does the 14th Amendment say about that? :popcorn:

Forum List

Back