Judge Napolitano: Manafort's plea deal is literally "pardon proof". Trump is screwed

Last I heard he hasn't been pardoned and probably won't be.

Go back to Canada and freeze your ass off.

I can't "Go back to Canada", because I haven't left. This may come as a surprise to you but you can post to the internet from any country in the world.

Canadians don't freeze our asses off. We spend 1/4 of our lives living in winter conditions and we are nothing if not adaptable. Something that Americans have never learned. We play in ice and snow, and we dress for the cold. I used to ski when I was younger. I'm going for a knee replacement in the new year. I was supposed to go for the MRI two weeks ago, but had to postpone due to a family emergency. After a lifetime of getting thrown from horses, falling down mountains, two broken legs, one broken toe, and a broken foot, it's all catching up to me.

Fortunately my new knee and the new hip which is sure to follow, will cost me not one dime. Thanks to my 50+ years as a contributing tax payer in a country which sees their people as their greatest asset.

Just think. Stuck on my ass at home, recuperating, I'll have to ton more time to engage you in these discussions on the horrors of living in a social democracy. I'll be doing this from the comfort of my cozy home in a beautiful, summer tourist town, which is heaven most months of the year. I can watch the windmills producing clean electricity from my back deck.

Well I spent twenty plus years in Northern NH about an hour from the Canadian border. . You can't tell me about cold weather you hag.

I've seen days where the high for the week is 8 degrees and we had snow up the ass to remove. One Christmas it was 36 below zero.

Now I live in Florida and love it.

As for your posts. We all consider the source.

I can't "Go back to Canada", because I haven't left. This may come as a surprise to you but you can post to the internet from any country in the world.

Canadians don't freeze our asses off. We spend 1/4 of our lives living in winter conditions and we are nothing if not adaptable. Something that Americans have never learned. We play in ice and snow, and we dress for the cold. I used to ski when I was younger. I'm going for a knee replacement in the new year. I was supposed to go for the MRI two weeks ago, but had to postpone due to a family emergency. After a lifetime of getting thrown from horses, falling down mountains, two broken legs, one broken toe, and a broken foot, it's all catching up to me.

Fortunately my new knee and the new hip which is sure to follow, will cost me not one dime. Thanks to my 50+ years as a contributing tax payer in a country which sees their people as their greatest asset.

Just think. Stuck on my ass at home, recuperating, I'll have to ton more time to engage you in these discussions on the horrors of living in a social democracy. I'll be doing this from the comfort of my cozy home in a beautiful, summer tourist town, which is heaven most months of the year. I can watch the windmills producing clean electricity from my back deck.

Well I spent twenty plus years in Northern NH about an hour from the Canadian border. . You can't tell me about cold weather you hag.

I've seen days where the high for the week is 8 degrees and we had snow up the ass to remove. One Christmas it was 36 below zero.

was that christmas 1983?

was that christmas 1984?

It was in the 80's though I don't remember the year. Man it was so cold the tires were square and it took a while for them to round out. The truck started, thank God, but man was it cold.

A friendly federal judge once dismissed every charge against (Obama friend and political adviser) domestic terrorist and bomber Bill Ayers who was responsible for death and destruction for at least a decade but the pardon of someone who was convicted of white collar crimes would be "grounds for impeachment". Pretty slick deck stacked in favor of democrats. With all due respects to Judge Napolatano I don't recall his nomination to the Supreme Court.

was that christmas 1984?

It was in the 80's though I don't remember the year. Man it was so cold the tires were square and it took a while for them to round out. The truck started, thank God, but man was it cold.
I just looked it up here, it was 1983. I couldn't remember the exact year either. I was headed to St. Louis with my baby girl and wife and had to turn around because they closed I55 Interstate in Pontiac. What's funny, when i looked it up, the warmest year at Christmas was 1982. 64 degrees. never been warmer on that day. Never been colder than 1983. back to back. here's the article.

Dear Tom,What have been Chicago's coldest and...

"We had Chicago weather historian Frank Wachowski check the Christmas weather archives. Strange as it seems, Chicago's coldest and warmest Christmases came back to back in 1982 and 1983. On Dec. 25, 1982, the high was 64(degrees), and since temperature records began in 1872, no Christmas has been warmer. After some early morning rain, the day turned sunny, and a gusty south wind sent readings soaring into the 60s.

The very next year the city was in the grip of an intensely cold arctic air mass, and on Christmas Eve 1983 the mercury plunged to -25(degrees), establishing a record low for that date. The following day temperatures never climbed above zero, and the high of -5(degrees) and low of -17(degrees) made Dec. 25, 1983, Chicago's coldest Christmas ever."

I'm in about the same boat as you. My knee has been really bothering me a lot and so are my hips. I too was a skier and in my younger years, a ballet dancer, then addicted to working out and high powered aerobics. All of it has taken a toll on my bones and joints. I have a pretty good Medicare supplement plan but have a couple of friends who live in Canada and they love your medical coverage. Good luck with your surgery and PM me if you want to talk.

I had my left hip replaced Dec 28th last year. had to walk with a walker for six weeks, the coldest weeks of the year. I felt great.

Judge Napolitano is not be believed anymore.....he has been compromised...he lies from now on...he has become a Globlalist loudspeaker

so sad that FOX News has come this....with the Murdoch sons Globalists idiots at the helm now

Fox news is against President Trump now!

No more Fox for me.
Skye, Judge is trying to prepare you. You mustn't shut out what people are saying. That is no way to help the situation.

Judge Napolitano is not be believed anymore.....he has been compromised...he lies from now on...he has become a Globlalist loudspeaker

so sad that FOX News has come this....with the Murdoch sons Globalists idiots at the helm now

Fox news is against President Trump now!

No more Fox for me.
Skye, Judge is trying to prepare you. You mustn't shut out what people are saying. That is no way to help the situation.

Says who? you? :rolleyes-41:

Manafort is screwed and Donald Trump is caught in an impeachment trap if he attempts to pardon Manafort.

Then there is the case of Donald Trump Jr. and Jared Kushner who are both likely to be indicted.

This case will build to a crescendo around the 2020 elections sinking the GOP in Trump slime.

Goodbye Donald Trump and Trumplings. I hope you enjoy jail.

Melania is not immune either. There is still the case of the $30 million missing from the inauguration celebration donations.

Manafort pardon would be impeachable, indictable and convictable

Judge Napolitano: Manafort's plea deal is literally "pardon proof"
Christian Dem in NC
Community

Remember all the fears that Trump could simply pardon Paul Manafort for any federal crimes? Well, rest easy. In what appears to be a stroke of legal genius, Robert Mueller apparently structured the plea deal in a way to take that prospect into account. According to Fox News’ Judge Andrew Napolitano, any attempt to pardon Manafort would not only be political suicide, but would be a waste of effort legally.

Ed Krassenstein mentioned this on Twitter, and I thought it was snark.

Ed Krassenstein
@EdKrassen
BOOM! Judge Napolitano reports that in Paul Manafort's guilty plea, Robert Mueller also required Manafort to plead guilty to uncharged state crimes in New Jersey, Virginia and California to "make it pardon proof".
Robert Mueller is a genius, and Manafort appears to be screwed!
4:12 AM - Nov 28, 2018

But per Raw Story, it isn’t. Napolitano told Shep Smith about a legal quarter-stick of dynamite contained in the lengthy plea agreement Manafort signed—175 pages worth. Manafort not only pleaded guilty to federal charges of bank fraud, money laundering and bribery, but also the aforementioned state charges.

The beauty of it, per Napolitano?
“Why did they do that? To make it pardon proof so if President Trump, which he can do, does pardon him for the federal crimes the state prosecutors in those states already have his guilty plea.” (emphasis mine)
Well, this is an interesting development. We already knew that if Trump were stupid enough to pardon Manafort, New York state prosecutors would file state-level charges before the ink even had time to dry. But guilty pleas to state charges in New Jersey, Virginia and California? Obviously some other prosecutors are taking a long look at the Trump crime family.

Now Mueller’s team has put Manafort on notice that Manafort’s lies have cost him a chance at a reduced sentence—thus exposing him to enough prison time to make him a decrepit old man if he ever gets out of federal prison alive. And apparently the plea agreement is structured so that there is literally nothing Trump can do to save him.
Simply put, Manafort is screwed eighty ways to Sunday. ...
if the plea deal is dropped, there is no plea deal. so explain how that happens from your OP if the plea deal is dropped? splain lucy

1. He already pleaded guilty and there is no way to change that.

2. The plea deal gives Manafort reduced sentences and other charges are not filed. If Manafort violates the plea deal the longer sentences are requested by the prosecution and other charges are filed.

3. Manafort may as well buy a subscription to a life supply of condoms in jail for himself, Trump and Trumplings.

Forum List

Back