Josh Duggar And The Message Of Forgiveness

Adultery and murder are both sins and both capable of breaking our fellowship with a holy God.

If your God considers both equally bad, then he is seriously fucked up as an individual.

I've been cheated on. Didn't like it. Makes me mad. But at the end of the day, I just realized having that person out of my life was sufficient. I didn't need to see her go to jail and I didn't feel a need for her to burn in Hell forever and ever. I'd have actually considered those thing gratuitous.

Let me put it this way. If you had a wife and you either cheated on her or killed her best friend, would not either of those offenses break your relationship with her?

Um, I think that one would be worse than the other. If I cheated on my spouse, we'd still have a relationship, even if kids were involved. If I killed her best freind, she'd be right in insisting I go to prison for that, and keeping the kids away from me.

Hell is not some place where people are lit aflame and that imagery does much disservice to people's perception of hell. In fact, it's not even exactly a punishment for many, but rather a continuation of one's earthly decision to live apart from the love and goodness of God.

This is the kind of stuff I can't let you get away wiht, the kind of "touchy-feely" Hell is just a Separation from God" kind of punishment.

That's NOT what the bible says. In fact, Jesus himself describes Hell as a place of flame where you should mutilate yourself rather than risk going there.

Mark 9:43-48
And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire. And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame than with two feet to be thrown into hell. And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, ‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’

Shit! there are fire AND worms. Man, that kind of sounds sucky!

It doesn't have to be that way, Joe. God loves you and longs for you to accept his free gift of forgiveness. Do do I. Jesus paid a high price for your redemption and all he needs to hear is you to say yes to him.

I pray that you do.

Dude, I prayed to your sky pixie and your Naked Dude on a Stick when my Mom had cancer.

She died anyway.

All the things the nuns said were fucking lies.

Religion is a scam, and I treat it as such.

You make the same mistake as Protestants, taking an eclectic verse of Scripture and holding the rest of the Bible hostage to it. Jesus spoke in apocalyptic terms about many things including the destruction of Jerusalem, drawing imagery from several passages in the Old Testament. He does this with hell too, teaching extensively about hell, much more so than heaven.

Take for instance the Parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man in Luke 16.

19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Now notice in this story that the rich man is in hell, clearly in a state of discomfort, but able to carry out a coherent conversation. He isn't screaming in pitched agony as would be expected of someone aflame. His punishment is an inversion from the life of comfort he led while ignoring the plight of those suffering in his midst. God is not cruel, and an eternity of torturing somebody by burning them alive for eternity, while imaginative and certainly gives some Christians a sense of sick glee, is outside of God's character. Hell is simply your choice to live without God's love and goodness for eternity.

And that really is bad enough.

I'm glad that Jesus has forgiven Duggar.

I'm not Jesus.

I'd like to see him wear the label of "child molester" for the rest of his life, like anyone else who has been convicted of the crime. That would include his registering his address within every municipality and state in which he resides.
I'm still wondering why people are claiming that Jesus has forgiven him.

What I was taught is that you must repent if you want forgiveness. I have seen no repenting but rather a years long cover up. That also applies to the parents.

he needs professional help, not just 'forgiveness' from like-minded enablers...
In the interview given by his parents, he did get professional counseling as did the sisters an other girl not named. Beyond that he was taken from the home to spend some time in a rehab type program then after that he was taken to police and confessed what he did as well. How much more should a boy who was 14 at the time pay for what he did? In the scheme of things I think most teen boys try to do a lot more than what he did on girls as under age as himself was

If you think that most teenaged boys do more than molest their 5 year old sister, then all I can say is that I am damned glad I didn't grow up in your neighborhood....

Last edited:
I was responding to someone else who mentioned it but you're probably right. Michael (OP) used to be Catholic but he said in his post he is now believing on Jesus Christ for his salvation and knows his sins were washed away (not exact words but it sounded like he got saved) so he must have left Catholicism. I'm happy for him and hope many more will receive Christ and get out of the old religious systems and religions where there is no life. They are broken cisterns and it is only in Jesus Christ that we can receive the rivers of living waters which will sustain us.

You couldn't be more wrong, and your error stems from your wrong-headedness and fleshly bigotry. And this development throws into a sinister light your recent solicitude; that suddenly you warm up to me on the presumption that I left the Catholic Church. The only conflict between my OP and the Catholic Church exists in your warped little head, the hate you harbor in your heart waxing so hot you can't control it.

And this also validates my working theory about you. I have no doubt that you're Christian, but one that harbors a serious mental illness. There have been studies of the traits that indicate a mentally disturbed religious person. There are two traits that I've observed from you.

One they practice an austere and intemperate form of religion, quick to pronounce judgment, and with a lone wolf mentality that sees everyone who doesn't agree with their very strict interpretations as enemies. There is no grace, no tolerance for varying points of view, no humility, and none of the even keeled mind that people expect from healthy minded religious people. Rachel Weaver from the Ruby Ridge incident is a good example of what happens when crazy meets religion.

The second trait is a belief that God is incessantly talking to them; that anything and everything is a sign. Many even believe that God has a special calling on them to be his own special prophet, and they deliver terse messages of condemnation like the prophets of the Old Testament. Some will be disruptive during church services, interrupting it to upbraid those they feel have gone astray from pure doctrine. They exercise spiritual gifts heavily, seeing themselves as instruments of divine revelation and creating the image of being more spiritual than others. They become nearly intolerable to the churches they attend and often hop from one church to another, taking the irritation of the pastor and congregation as evidence that the church has been corrupted by Satan.

Your self delusion that I had left the Catholic Church when I had given not the remotest evidence to support that confirmed what I suspected about you all along.

Sane Christians are not haughty like you are. They love Jesus and are certain only about a few simple truths, but are humble enough to acknowledge they don't know everything, especially when it comes to salvation, who is Christian, and which Christian tradition is the "correct" one. I know Evangelical Christians well and they don't think like you do...except perhaps the ones who also suffer in their mental health. While they maintain disagreements with certain teachings of the Catholic Church, they see in it the baptism, faith, and hope they share in common with the same Lord Jesus Christ. They strive for unity, not division, and they see in the Catholic Church brothers and sisters in Christ.

And the sad thing is, Satan has a field day with people like you, taking full advantage of your imbalanced thinking and using the opportunity to fill your head with compelling delusions and hate. Nobody ever claimed he played fair. But that's how it is. Your post comes across like a slap in the face, but at least I understand you aren't well and therefore I can have compassion. This is very disappointing. I was truly hoping you were sincere.

I was sincere! Very! I still am! I'm sorry that my post upset you, Michael. Your OP led me to believe you had become a born again Christian. When I became a born again Christian I knew I could have nothing to do with Catholicism. I won't apologize for my statements about Catholicism because I cannot apologize for the truth but I in no way meant to personally attack you or harm you. In reading your response I want to point out to you that people who disagree with Catholicism are not mentally ill. If you are going to accuse every person of mental illness who disagrees with Catholicism you will have to accuse Jesus Christ of mental illness because His Word does not agree with Catholicism either. I wish God's best for your life. - Jeri

So, Christian experts, is molesting a child a mortal or venial sin?

Rejecting Jesus Christ is a mortal sin. Since that alone is your bane, you ought not worry about what else might be a mortal sin.

So called Christians say they hate ISIL for burning people at the stake but they worship a god who burns people for all eternity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatal

I can't get my mind around the fact that the girls had to wear burka bathing suits to swim but they had to accept the "fact" that Buggers molesting them was just common sex play for a boy.

I was responding to someone else who mentioned it but you're probably right. Michael (OP) used to be Catholic but he said in his post he is now believing on Jesus Christ for his salvation and knows his sins were washed away (not exact words but it sounded like he got saved) so he must have left Catholicism. I'm happy for him and hope many more will receive Christ and get out of the old religious systems and religions where there is no life. They are broken cisterns and it is only in Jesus Christ that we can receive the rivers of living waters which will sustain us.

You couldn't be more wrong, and your error stems from your wrong-headedness and fleshly bigotry. And this development throws into a sinister light your recent solicitude; that suddenly you warm up to me on the presumption that I left the Catholic Church. The only conflict between my OP and the Catholic Church exists in your warped little head, the hate you harbor in your heart waxing so hot you can't control it.

And this also validates my working theory about you. I have no doubt that you're Christian, but one that harbors a serious mental illness. There have been studies of the traits that indicate a mentally disturbed religious person. There are two traits that I've observed from you.

One they practice an austere and intemperate form of religion, quick to pronounce judgment, and with a lone wolf mentality that sees everyone who doesn't agree with their very strict interpretations as enemies. There is no grace, no tolerance for varying points of view, no humility, and none of the even keeled mind that people expect from healthy minded religious people. Rachel Weaver from the Ruby Ridge incident is a good example of what happens when crazy meets religion.

The second trait is a belief that God is incessantly talking to them; that anything and everything is a sign. Many even believe that God has a special calling on them to be his own special prophet, and they deliver terse messages of condemnation like the prophets of the Old Testament. Some will be disruptive during church services, interrupting it to upbraid those they feel have gone astray from pure doctrine. They exercise spiritual gifts heavily, seeing themselves as instruments of divine revelation and creating the image of being more spiritual than others. They become nearly intolerable to the churches they attend and often hop from one church to another, taking the irritation of the pastor and congregation as evidence that the church has been corrupted by Satan.

Your self delusion that I had left the Catholic Church when I had given not the remotest evidence to support that confirmed what I suspected about you all along.

Sane Christians are not haughty like you are. They love Jesus and are certain only about a few simple truths, but are humble enough to acknowledge they don't know everything, especially when it comes to salvation, who is Christian, and which Christian tradition is the "correct" one. I know Evangelical Christians well and they don't think like you do...except perhaps the ones who also suffer in their mental health. While they maintain disagreements with certain teachings of the Catholic Church, they see in it the baptism, faith, and hope they share in common with the same Lord Jesus Christ. They strive for unity, not division, and they see in the Catholic Church brothers and sisters in Christ.

And the sad thing is, Satan has a field day with people like you, taking full advantage of your imbalanced thinking and using the opportunity to fill your head with compelling delusions and hate. Nobody ever claimed he played fair. But that's how it is. Your post comes across like a slap in the face, but at least I understand you aren't well and therefore I can have compassion. This is very disappointing. I was truly hoping you were sincere.

I was sincere! Very! I still am! I'm sorry that my post upset you, Michael. Your OP led me to believe you had become a born again Christian. When I became a born again Christian I knew I could have nothing to do with Catholicism. I won't apologize for my statements about Catholicism because I cannot apologize for the truth but I in no way meant to personally attack you or harm you. In reading your response I want to point out to you that people who disagree with Catholicism are not mentally ill. If you are going to accuse every person of mental illness who disagrees with Catholicism you will have to accuse Jesus Christ of mental illness because His Word does not agree with Catholicism either. I wish God's best for your life. - Jeri
You clearly missed the fact that I said people who disagree with some things the Catholic Church teaches are NOT mentally ill, only a raving bigot like you are. I stated this contrasting normal Evangelicals and you with devastating accuracy. Of course you missed it even though it constituted the bulk of my post. You miss a lot.

I'm not Jesus.

I'd like to see him wear the label of "child molester" for the rest of his life, like anyone else who has been convicted of the crime. That would include his registering his address within every municipality and state in which he resides.

What I was taught is that you must repent if you want forgiveness. I have seen no repenting but rather a years long cover up. That also applies to the parents.

In the interview given by his parents, he did get professional counseling as did the sisters an other girl not named. Beyond that he was taken from the home to spend some time in a rehab type program then after that he was taken to police and confessed what he did as well. How much more should a boy who was 14 at the time pay for what he did? In the scheme of things I think most teen boys try to do a lot more than what he did on girls as under age as himself was

If you think that most teenaged boys do more than molest their 5 year old sister, then all I can say is that I am damned glad I didn't grow up in your neighborhood....
You're in a serious state of denial.

You clearly missed the fact that I said people who disagree with some things the Catholic Church teaches are NOT mentally ill, only a raving bigot like you are. I stated this contrasting normal Evangelicals and you with devastating accuracy. Of course you missed it even though it constituted the bulk of my post. You miss a lot.
I love watching you fundies argue.

But that doesn't change the Fact that you are defending a pedo.

I'm not Jesus.

How so?

I'm defending forgiveness, something you spurn to the peril of your eternal soul.

Someday you are going to stand before the Almighty while every one of your sins is named. On that day you will be the recipient of the condemnation you now so gleefully dish out. Josh Duggars will go to heaven, his sins covered by the blood of Christ, but you will be condemned eternally because you thought gawking at the sins of others somehow absolved you of your own iniquity.

I wrote this thread to tell you it doesn't have to be that way. Repent and ask for forgiveness. I exhort you with all fervency to do this.

Every Christian should be telling you this. I'm sorry if I'm the only one.

I'm not Jesus.

...and you are in a serious state of "ignored".

At the expense of innocent children.

Their god killed off children for sport and still does, but didn't Jesus say something about 'suffer the children to come unto me'?

Why don't these "christians" put the safety and welfare of children before pedos?

I'm defending forgiveness, something you spurn to the peril of your eternal soul.

Someday you are going to stand before the Almighty while every one of your sins is named. On that day you will be the recipient of the condemnation you now so gleefully dish out. Josh Duggars will go to heaven, his sins covered by the blood of Christ, but you will be condemned eternally because you thought gawking at the sins of others somehow absolved you of your own iniquity.

I wrote this thread to tell you it doesn't have to be that way. Repent and ask for forgiveness. I exhort you with all fervency to do this.

I exhort you with all fervency to do this.

Does that come with a jingle?

Only in the very dark place that is christian fundamentalism is the child molestor to be protected.

I exhort you with all fervency to do this.

Does that come with a jingle?

Only in the very dark place that is christian fundamentalism is the child molestor to be protected.
Who's protecting him? This thread is about the forgiveness he received from God after repenting, the same forgiveness that's available to you. You are guilty in the eyes of the Lord like everyone else and pointing the finger at others won't conceal your own iniquity. Please repent and be saved. Jesus paid a high price to offer you forgiveness and offer it for free. All you have to do is say yes.

2qn37cy.jpg

I'm not Jesus.

I'd like to see him wear the label of "child molester" for the rest of his life, like anyone else who has been convicted of the crime. That would inc

You're in a serious state of d

Will you exhort your Pope and His Nuncio to ask fervently for forgiveness too? It doesn't appear either are willing to admit to the sexual abuse cover up of these boys in the Dominican Republic. Instead Pope Francis had his Nuncio whisked away to Rome to prevent him from standing trial. Now the Vatican announced quietly that they are going to indict the Nuncio and hear the trial themselves. Isn't that a conflict of interests and why did Pope Francis tell the world he would give no privileges to bishops and priests who molested children and then turn around and permit his own Nuncio to walk freely on the streets of Rome - it was reported by a bishop who saw him with his own eyes on Monday - he asked why was the Nuncio walking freely on the streets of Rome on Twitter on Monday.

Ravi is condemning paedophile crimes. There is nothing wrong with that. We should speak out against evil. Your Pope by his own actions is assisting His Nuncio in getting away with paedophile crimes. Furthermore he isn't protecting the children of Rome but is allowing his Nuncio to walk the streets of Rome freely when his own Vatican press reported the Nuncio was on house arrest.

Wesolowski s sexual victims give details to the NYT - DominicanToday.com

Will you exhort your Pope and His Nuncio to ask fervently for forgiveness too? It doesn't appear either are willing to admit to the sexual abuse cover up of these boys in the Dominican Republic. Instead Pope Francis had his Nuncio whisked away to Rome to prevent him from standing trial. Now the Vatican announced quietly that they are going to indict the Nuncio and hear the trial themselves. Isn't that a conflict of interests and why did Pope Francis tell the world he would give no privileges to bishops and priests who molested children and then turn around and permit his own Nuncio to walk freely on the streets of Rome - it was reported by a bishop who saw him with his own eyes on Monday - he asked why was the Nuncio walking freely on the streets of Rome on Twitter on Monday.

Ravi is condemning paedophile crimes. There is nothing wrong with that. We should speak out against evil. Your Pope by his own actions is assisting His Nuncio in getting away with paedophile crimes. Furthermore he isn't protecting the children of Rome but is allowing his Nuncio to walk the streets of Rome freely when his own Vatican press reported the Nuncio was on house arrest.

‘The Most Terrible Case’

The district attorney, Ms. Reynoso, said her investigators had identified four children aged 12 to 17 with whom the nuncio had sexual contact, but that there were likely others.

The 17-year-old had epilepsy, and the nuncio gave him medicine for his condition in exchange for sexual acts, starting from when the boy was 13, the district attorney said. She said she had “no doubt” about the credibility of the youths’ testimony, because it was corroborated by other evidence.

“This is the most terrible case that I have ever seen,” said Ms. Reynoso. “He was abusing kids who were living in extreme poverty, in exchange for pills for a boy’s illness. It’s very perverse.”

The confession by the Dominican Deacon who admitted procuring young boys for the Nuncio knows there were far more than 4 boys. This was ongoing for a very long time. His confession in a letter was given to multiple sources including those in contact with the Vatican. Still they didn't do anything. Instead Pope Francis whisked him away to Rome so he wouldn't face charges in the Dominican Republic.

Last edited:

I'm not Jesus.

I'd like to see him wear the label of "child molester" for the rest of his life, like anyone else who has been convicted of the crime. That would inc

I'm preaching the gospel on this thread.

What are you doing?

I'm preaching the gospel on this thread.

What are you doing?

Confronting your hypocrisy. You are not preaching the Gospel, Michael. The Jesus of Catholicism is not the Jesus of the King James Bible. It is another false Christ. The Bible tells us there would be many false prophets that would come preaching another Christ. That is what you are doing. It's very deceptive. You won't listen - I can already see that - but for the sake of others, I believe the right thing to do is point it out and expose what you are doing here.

Forum List

Back