Josh Duggar And The Message Of Forgiveness

Nov 1, 2014
Idaho
Since so many threads have been created about this issue, I thought I'd create a new one with a new perspective.

Of the many aspects of this scandal that have been debated, very few have touched on the fact that Josh Duggar knew what he did was wrong, repented of it, and asked forgiveness. He then walked free from his sins. It seems the gospel of Christ has been presented so often that we become jaded to it, but this serves as an opportunity to emphasize that what Josh Duggar did is available to anyone.....just for the asking.

Why is this in the politics section and not the religion section? Because those who with the greatest passion heap scorn and ridicule on Josh Duggar need to hear this message, that the Bible tells us clearly that all have sinned, every person incurring a dept that he or she cannot possibly repay. While we pat ourselves on the back because "at least" we didn't molest several underage girls when we were teenagers, it can easily be lost on us the sobering reality that EVERY SIN IS EQUAL IN ITS CAPACITY TO SEPARATE US ETERNALLY FROM THE LOVE OF GOD.

And though it might not seem fair for somebody else to pay in our stead the debt we amassed and by all rights should be made to pay for by ourselves, Jesus Christ offered up his life in atonement for the sins of humanity.

Yes, amazingly, HE LOVED US THAT MUCH!

light_over_cross_2.jpg

Josh Duggar has experienced this incredible and free gift. So have I. And it's something that cannot be bought, earned, or worked for, it can only be received by asking. And those on this board so quick to condemn ought to consider that they themselves are guilty of sin, but also that they themselves can receive complete absolution for all their sins, just as so many have, by opening their heart to the mercy of God in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Just imagine how incredible it feels to have every terrible thing you ever did completely wiped clean, so that with unsullied hearts and minds, we can freely and without shame approach the glorious throne of God and look forward to the day we spend eternity with the joy of his friendship. Although I'm very rancorous on this forum in political debates, this is a time for me to be sincere and urge you with all my heart to give your lives to Christ and become a New Creation.

It's yours for the asking.

Since so many threads have been created about this issue, I thought I'd create a new one with a new perspective.

Of the many aspects of this scandal that have been debated, very few have touched on the fact that Josh Duggar knew what he did was wrong, repented of it, and asked forgiveness. He then walked free from his sins. It seems the gospel of Christ has been presented so often that we become jaded to it, but this serves as an opportunity to emphasize that what Josh Duggar did is available to anyone.....just for the asking.

Why is this in the politics section and not the religion section? Because those who with the greatest passion heap scorn and ridicule on Josh Duggar need to hear this message, that the Bible tells us clearly that all have sinned, every person incurring a dept that he or she cannot possibly repay. While we pat ourselves on the back because "at least" we didn't molest several underage girls when we were teenagers, it can easily be lost on us the sobering reality that EVERY SIN IS EQUAL IN ITS CAPACITY TO SEPARATE US ETERNALLY FROM THE LOVE OF GOD.

And though it might not seem fair for somebody else to pay in our stead the debt we amassed and by all rights should be made to pay for by ourselves, Jesus Christ offered up his life in atonement for the sins of humanity.

light_over_cross_2.jpg

Josh Duggar has experienced this incredible and free gift. So have I. And it's something that cannot be bought, earned, or worked for, it can only be received by asking. And those on this board so quick to condemn ought to consider that they themselves are guilty of sin, but also that they themselves can receive complete absolution for all their sins, just as so many have, by opening their heart to the mercy of God in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Just imagine how incredible it feels to have every terrible thing you ever did completely wiped clean, so that with unsullied hearts and minds, we can freely and without shame approach the glorious throne of God and look forward to the day we spend eternity with the joy of his friendship. Although I'm very rancorous on this forum in political debates, this is a time for me to be sincere and urge you with all my heart to give your lives to Christ and become a New Creation.

Thank you for this, and if I may take some license to take it out of a context of pure Christian faith and put it into a less religious and into a more sociopolitical basis for those not yet ready to relate from a Christian point of view?

(My comments on a different forum):

I wonder who among us has never done something as a kid or even as an adult that would look really REALLY bad on the front pages of America's newspapers or leading the evening news? Is there anybody among us with a pristine blameless record so that there is nothing that could be used to smear or fault us? Nobody here is defending the Duggars or the Dunhams or anybody else who has ever done something they were really ashamed of. Honest honorable people don't condone 'sin' wherever it appears no matter who does it.

But there is a degree of proportion. Inappropriate behavior by a teenager is a concern and can be condemned. But is there no way a person can see and acknowledge his/her 'sins' of youth and get past that and be a responsible adult? Or must he/she be forever condemned as a bad person because his/her 'sin' became public while our own has not? And that makes us worthy to judge them?

I prefer to judge people by who they have become instead of what they once were. There must always be consequences for bad behavior at any age, but making a mountain of the Duggar molehill all these years later is mean spirited and unreasonable and is re-victimizing the 'victims' who no longer feel victimized. Enough already.

light_over_cross_2.jpg

I want to apologize to you for making comments / posts that I was not led by the LORD to make. There is no excuse for this and I apologize to you. I want to confess my sins to you and let you know what the LORD has been speaking to me about lately. First, there was a time when I also was involved in political discussions online and I would be very rude and even write curse words to emphasize my anger. The LORD convicted me of this and I repented and stopped doing that. Then after that was settled - I still would get involved from time to time in certain political discussions and I knew my heart wasn't right and I was drawing others into a disagreement - causing anger in their hearts - which I had no business doing. I justified myself in this by saying, but I'm right and besides....I'm not writing any curse word.

Then I started thinking about how that looked when I am writing about the LORD on the religion forum and realized this is not acceptable. I am not representing Jesus the right way. Then the LORD led me to a video which I posted here by John Mulinde and once again the LORD began to deal with me and He let me I was in as big of trouble as John Mulinde was in when the LORD dealt with Him.

So the other day I picked up this little plaster cross a Sunday school student gave me years ago and it says on it, The pure in heart shall see God. It was like Jesus shined His light - his Word onto my heart and said, Your heart is not pure. You won't see God in the state you are in.

Then I went to my desk and there was a vase that had some roses in it before - but were taken out and the water in the vase was very dirty. The LORD said to me, Can you drink that? I said no! That water is dirty, LORD! The LORD spoke to my heart, neither can the people drink from the living waters in you because you've polluted them. Your heart is full of sin! Your heart is filthy!

I began to think about all the times I have had a wrong thought come to my mind and instead of rejecting it - I would entertain that thought! Every kind of thought! Lust, anger, judging others, resentment, un-forgiveness, impatience, imaginations, pride, many sins in my heart. The LORD let me know this is what polluted fountains are - they spring forth from a heart that has not been fully surrendered to Him. You say, Lord, Lord but then you think about whatever you want to think about and do not consider that I am the LORD and I see your heart. I look upon the heart - not the outward man -not the outward appearance. I am looking at your heart and I see everything.

Unless you are willing to give me all of your mind and reject all thoughts that are displeasing to me - you cannot be my servant. If you do not have a pure heart - you won't see me when you leave this earth. You will be one like those I warned you about - that say, Lord, Lord, did we not do this in your name, and that in your name? When you allow sin to continue in your heart - you are living in un-repented sin. You are a worker of iniquity. It isn't one sin but a life of sin - lived out because of an un-surrendered heart, mind and will. He showed me that I cared more about what others thought of me than He did! How wicked is that?

There wasn't a thing John Mulinde confessed to that I could claim I was not guilty of and suddenly I realized my state. I said to myself, If I died I would not make it to heaven. I do not want to miss seeing Jesus. I want Him to take full control of all of my life and have His thoughts, His desires, His life flowing through me. Not my own human efforts which are sure to produce nothing more than irritation in others.

The other day I was very tired and took a nap and I had a dream. I dreamed of a young boy who was in a mall - perhaps in Ferguson, Missouri - I do not know - but he was running with the wrong crowd in a mall and he was getting himself into trouble. In my dream, I was able to speak to him alone and he seemed to be about 12 - 14 yrs. old and I cannot recall what I said to him but it was the LORD who gave me the words and he broke down and cried and told me his mother didn't care about him. She didn't spend time with him. She had no time for him. I could feel this boys pain and I woke up feeling an overwhelming love and compassion for that young boy. I felt great compassion for him and I knew that was the LORD's compassion and it made all the difference. It was what opened the floodgates for that boy to weep and pour out his heart. There are many hurting people in the world and we will never reach them unless we first surrender our hearts, our minds, our entire being fully to Jesus. I want to be fully surrendered to Jesus. I want to have a pure heart and live in His love and pour it out to others all the days of my life. That is the desire of my heart.

God is alone is the Judge. God's people were not called to be Judges. Jesus Christ is our Lawyer - our advocate. God's people were not called to be lawyers in God's courtroom. Jesus Christ alone is our Lawyer.

What were God's people called to be?

Witnesses. Throughout the earth. We are His Witnesses. Witnesses who testify of God's goodness, His mercy, His love, His forgiveness. We are His witnesses because we have witnessed in our own lives His mercy, His love, His forgiveness, His redemption through His only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ.

We become the children of God because He first chose us. While we were yet sinners - God loved us. What manner of love is this? That God would send His only begotten Son to pay the price for my sins? For your sins? We must not neglect so great a salvation. Jesus Christ has paid the price for our sins. He is our Redeemer. I thank Jesus for my salvation.

This is what fundie Christian theocracy would look like. 'Christian' child molesters getting a pass.
You're the first one I wanted to respond to because this thread was made with you in mind, not that you are being targeted in an adversarial manner, but that this message endeavors to convince you of the love God has for you and that the offer of forgiveness, a greater treasure than any other, is free. Jesus died for a world full of Josh Duggars, saintmichaeldefendthems, and NYcarbineers and all of our sins were repugnant. Yet the Bible tells us that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. If you could contemplate, your Creator knows you better than any person and loves you more and longs to have a relationship with you. He offers forgiveness, redemption, and eternal life, sealing you with the Holy Spirit, with joy, with peace.

I know you and I don't agree on much politically, but people of all political persuasions have embraced forgiveness and had their lives transformed. I am not better than you, but I have received this gift and being forgiven has even given me the power to forgive others. This is what's being offered and I love you enough to tell you about it and with no reservations urge you to take it.

Pax Christi

light_over_cross_2.jpg

I want to apologize to you for making comments / posts that I was not led by the LORD to make. There is no excuse for this and I apologize to you. I want to confess my sins to you and let you know what the LORD has been speaking to me about lately. First, there was a time when I also was involved in political discussions online and I would be very rude and even write curse words to emphasize my anger. The LORD convicted me of this and I repented and stopped doing that. Then after that was settled - I still would get involved from time to time in certain political discussions and I knew my heart wasn't right and I was drawing others into a disagreement - causing anger in their hearts - which I had no business doing. I justified myself in this by saying, but I'm right and besides....I'm not writing any curse word.

Then I started thinking about how that looked when I am writing about the LORD on the religion forum and realized this is not acceptable. I am not representing Jesus the right way. Then the LORD led me to a video which I posted here by John Mulinde and once again the LORD began to deal with me and He let me I was in as big of trouble as John Mulinde was in when the LORD dealt with Him.

So the other day I picked up this little plaster cross a Sunday school student gave me years ago and it says on it, The pure in heart shall see God. It was like Jesus shined His light - his Word onto my heart and said, Your heart is not pure. You won't see God in the state you are in.

Then I went to my desk and there was a vase that had some roses in it before - but were taken out and the water in the vase was very dirty. The LORD said to me, Can you drink that? I said no! That water is dirty, LORD! The LORD spoke to my heart, neither can the people drink from the living waters in you because you've polluted them. Your heart is full of sin! Your heart is filthy!

I began to think about all the times I have had a wrong thought come to my mind and instead of rejecting it - I would entertain that thought! Every kind of thought! Lust, anger, judging others, resentment, un-forgiveness, impatience, imaginations, pride, many sins in my heart. The LORD let me know this is what polluted fountains are - they spring forth from a heart that has not been fully surrendered to Him. You say, Lord, Lord but then you think about whatever you want to think about and do not consider that I am the LORD and I see your heart. I look upon the heart - not the outward man -not the outward appearance. I am looking at your heart and I see everything.

Unless you are willing to give me all of your mind and reject all thoughts that are displeasing to me - you cannot be my servant. If you do not have a pure heart - you won't see me when you leave this earth. You will be one like those I warned you about - that say, Lord, Lord, did we not do this in your name, and that in your name? When you allow sin to continue in your heart - you are living in un-repented sin. You are a worker of iniquity. It isn't one sin but a life of sin - lived out because of an un-surrendered heart, mind and will. He showed me that I cared more about what others thought of me than He did! How wicked is that?

There wasn't a thing John Mulinde confessed to that I could claim I was not guilty of and suddenly I realized my state. I said to myself, If I died I would not make it to heaven. I do not want to miss seeing Jesus. I want Him to take full control of all of my life and have His thoughts, His desires, His life flowing through me. Not my own human efforts which are sure to produce nothing more than irritation in others.

The other day I was very tired and took a nap and I had a dream. I dreamed of a young boy who was in a mall - perhaps in Ferguson, Missouri - I do not know - but he was running with the wrong crowd in a mall and he was getting himself into trouble. In my dream, I was able to speak to him alone and he seemed to be about 12 - 14 yrs. old and I cannot recall what I said to him but it was the LORD who gave me the words and he broke down and cried and told me his mother didn't care about him. She didn't spend time with him. She had no time for him. I could feel this boys pain and I woke up feeling an overwhelming love and compassion for that young boy. I felt great compassion for him and I knew that was the LORD's compassion and it made all the difference. It was what opened the floodgates for that boy to weep and pour out his heart. There are many hurting people in the world and we will never reach them unless we first surrender our hearts, our minds, our entire being fully to Jesus. I want to be fully surrendered to Jesus. I want to have a pure heart and live in His love and pour it out to others all the days of my life. That is the desire of my heart.

Jeremiah,

Thank you so much for sharing this and I hope you too can forgive me for the crass way I responded to you. This thread is about forgiveness and I can't think of any greater gift to give and receive.

I'm also guilty of getting caught up in the heat of political discussions and allow myself to forget that these are the people Christ died for. I then wonder how I can know such tremendous love and be so loveless to others. I look over my posts and I'm often glad my wife doesn't frequent these forums to see the awful things I say to others. Or how would my kids react if they saw me treating others with such contempt after telling them to treat people kindly?

I do contend mightily for the truth, and without apology, but I tend to use that as an excuse for bad behavior that does not honor God or the Church.

So this is what the Lord is working on in me. If there is anyone here who can be won for Christ, I want to be used to help that happen. I will be taking a hard look at whether or not my posts achieve that.

Pax Christi

This is what fundie Christian theocracy would look like. 'Christian' child molesters getting a pass.

Don't you usually have to not be a child to be a child molester? Not saying his actions were right, but how is it accurate when you completely ignore.that he was a child himself when he did this?

Why should someone who makes a mistake have no hope? Should someone's past mistakes prevent them from moving on with life? Or should we forever condemn them?

Jesus Christ was born to give us hope. He lived and died so we could have a way to overcome the past mistakes that hold us back. He sacrificed Himself to free us from our addictions, our mistakes, and our corrupt nature.

Not one of us alive is free from mistakes. All of us need to repent and be born again. So why shouldn't we forgive someone who repented of their sins?

Don't you realize the whole point of helping people recognize their sins is to help them obtain forgiveness?

He made a mistake. But he and his family did the right thing and took responsibility for what happened. And they did that years ago.

At what point do we stop letting the past stigmatized his future?

This is pretty much why I think Christianity is all sorts of fucked up. This video captured the stupidity perfectly.

Jesus isn't responsible for what Josh Duggar did. Josh Duggar is.

To put it another way. Ann Frank burns in hell for all eternity for not accepting Jesus.

Jeffrey Dahmner killed and ate 17 people, but he accepted Jesus in his heart, and he gets to go to heaven because he accepted Jesus' sacrifice and grace.

It seems to me that Josh "diddle my sisters" Duggar gets a bit of a free pass from the other Christian club members simply because of his club affiliation.

That club membership sometimes is effective in swaying various parole boards.

Former Charles Manson follower gets parole Fox News

"He became a born-again Christian in prison, earned a master's degree and a doctorate in philosophy of religion and ministered to other inmates."

Had Josh been a Moslem or a Jew or if Bruce Davis had converted to Islam, I suspect the Christians in this thread would be much less forgiving of their crimes.

It's a load of bullshit...Since society does not forgive, nor forget any crime or slight against society..Your deluding yourself to think that this so called Christian nation has the capacity to forgive...Unless you have a great PR man...

Don't you usually have to not be a child to be a child molester? Not saying his actions were right, but how is it accurate when you completely ignore.that he was a child himself when he did this?

Why should someone who makes a mistake have no hope? Should someone's past mistakes prevent them from moving on with life? Or should we forever condemn them?

Jesus Christ was born to give us hope. He lived and died so we could have a way to overcome the past mistakes that hold us back. He sacrificed Himself to free us from our addictions, our mistakes, and our corrupt nature.

Not one of us alive is free from mistakes. All of us need to repent and be born again. So why shouldn't we forgive someone who repented of their sins?

Don't you realize the whole point of helping people recognize their sins is to help them obtain forgiveness?

He made a mistake. But he and his family did the right thing and took responsibility for what happened. And they did that years ago.

Ever hear of penance? Do you know why prisons are called penitentiaries?

"We" as rational people would,now the posters here are not,nor is the rabid faith hating left,its an opertunity for them to show just how intolerant,unforgiving bigoted people that they are.

Ever hear of penance? Do you know why prisons are called penitentiaries?
You mean the counseling and treatment he received years ago,that penance?

It seems to me that Josh "diddle my sisters" Duggar gets a bit of a free pass from the other Christian club members simply because of his club affiliation.

That club membership sometimes is effective in swaying various parole boards.

Former Charles Manson follower gets parole Fox News

"He became a born-again Christian in prison, earned a master's degree and a doctorate in philosophy of religion and ministered to other inmates."

Had Josh been a Moslem or a Jew or if Bruce Davis had converted to Islam, I suspect the Christians in this thread would be much less forgiving of their crimes.

Some of you might recall the 'Christian' movement to spare axe murderer Carla Faye Tucker from the death penalty because she supposedly became a devout Christian while on death row.

Forum List

Back