The Ostrich Nation

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
Opening my bible recently I found these scriptures in the book of Job.

Gavest thou goodly wings unto the peacocks? or wings and feathers unto the ostrich? Which leaveth her eggs in the earth, and warmeth them in dust, And forgetteth that the foot may crush them, or that the wild beast may break them. She is hardened against her young ones, as though they were not hers: her labour is in vain without fear. Because God hath deprived her of wisdom, neither hath he imparted to her understanding.
Job 39:13-17

I am convinced that the LORD created the ostrich in order to teach us a lesson about parenting and the importance of seeking wisdom and understanding from Him in how to raise our children.

We have become an ostrich nation. We have left our young in the earth, in the dust, forgetting that they may be crushed, or that a beast may destroy them. We have hardened our hearts against our own children and the land is full of violence, rebellion and destruction as a result. We have given our children to the care of others who are raising them according to the dictates of this world. America's children are being abandoned because wrong desires are taking the priority. We want two cars instead of one. A larger house, a larger bank account, nicer vacations, a designer pocketbook, the latest technology, fancy phones, computers, gadgets that all require more hours at work (to pay for it).

Today America's children are being raised by strangers, entertained by godless television programs, while both parents work long hours to pay for all they do not need and after work will spend hour after hour scrolling through their telephone screens even while their children are trying to get their attention!

I have seen this with my very own eyes and wonder do we realize the cost? The cost is before us now. We must open our eyes and realize that our young are being devoured by beasts. Beasts who seek to exploit their loneliness, their pain, their feelings of isolation and use them for their own evil devices.

Our prayer should be that God will turn the hearts of the fathers towards their children. Those of us who are grandmothers / mothers need to turn our full attention towards our children and let them know they are our priority. Not the computer. Not a telephone. Not a television show. We need to let them know we are listening. That we are interested. We're there for them even as the LORD is there for us! If we lack wisdom? If we need help? Let us ask the LORD.

It is written:

But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
James 1:5

We need to turn off the television set and sit at the dinner table - discussing the day as a family. We need to teach our children the Word of God and give them a strong foundation that can withstand the storms of life.

If we do not take our place as parents and grandparents, if we behave as the ostrich does towards its young - without understanding or wisdom - we will need to change our national bird from the eagle - to the ostrich.

It's time to protect our families and ask the LORD to restore the families of America and strengthen them for the days ahead. It's time for us to protect the most valuable gift God ever gave us (after His Son - Jesus Christ & the Comforter - the Holy Spirit) - our children!

ostrich-eggs-excluded-nest.jpg

An ostrich nest with eggs. here we see a group of eggs in the center of the nest which are the primary eggs that will be incubated in the evenings usually by the male. The eggs pushed off to the sides are the result of the dominant female pushing aside eggs laid by other females. These eggs will never hatch and will be scavenged.

Consider the Ostrich Job 39 and God s Commentary on His Creation Part I Naturalis Historia

In most translations the ostrich is recognized in Leviticus (11:16) along with the owl, sea gull and hawk indicating it was thought of as a type of bird despite the recognition that it can’t fly. Job 30:29 finds the ostrich identified with the desert or wastelands. In Lamentations (4:3) the ostrich is used as an illustration of a lack of attention of parents toward their children and here in Job 39 we also find a lack of parental wisdom attributed to the ostrich.

Last edited:
DSC_0412.jpg

Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes. And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
Deut. 11:18,19

Last edited:
th

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 21:6

Beautiful-Babies-babies-9401870-335-508.jpg

Lo, children are an heritage from the LORD, and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
Psalm 127:3

Its fine to teach kids about mythical figures as real like santa clause and the easter bunny and jesus up until they turn 8 or nine

religionists are child molesters and should be kept away from children until the kids are 18 and able to decide for themselves what they will believe. Betcha in 4 generations there AINT no more religion, haleluheh

religionists are child molesters and should be kept away from children until the kids are 18 and able to decide for themselves what they will believe. Betcha in 4 generations there AINT no more religion, haleluheh

Religion is man reaching up to God. Christianity is God reaching down to man. Christianity isn't a religion. Christianity is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. God has loved you even in your sins. He sent His Only Begotten Son not to condemn you but to save you, Prison com. Because that is how great His love is for you. God loves you.

Jesus said,

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised.
Luke 4:18

and Jesus said this also,

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
Matthew 24:35

Last edited:

Forum List

Back