Josh Duggar And The Message Of Forgiveness

You are missing the fact that most of what he did was ill intent in his own heart and both children were from the same parents not a neighbor girl

TrinityPower

What does that even mean?

Its true that four of his victims were his own sisters but I have no clue what your statement means. Are you saying that somehow that makes it excusable?
I think she's saying that molesting your sisters does more damage to your heart than to your sisters.

Josh Duggar changed. He made mistakes. He sought help. He submitted to the authorities. He paid to heal those he hurt. Why then should we treat him harshly? Especially when his victims don't.

what about the victims of his political agenda who recognize the hypocrisy of his grandstanding which treats them harshly??

Read this earlier and the more I reflected on it the more it disturbed me.

Why? Because it demonstrates that you and Carla aren't at all concerned about the victims. You don't even care about the accusations.

You just want him silenced because of politics.
She's actually concerned with all his victims. You choose to believe that the only victim was Duggars.

There is nothing hateful in denouncing sin. Quite the opposite.

There is nothing hypocritical about it.

Is a former crack addict a hypocrite if after he gets clean he campaigns against heroin use as well as other drugs?

Is a former alcoholic a hypocrite if after he turns his life around he campaigns against underage drinking?

How then is someone who repented of one sexual sin a hypocrite for campaigning against others?

The argument makes little sense whatsoever.

Advocating against sin doesnt create victims. Just another lie.

if you can't see the hypocrisy of a child molester POLITICALLY pontificating over what is supposedly harmful to children, i don't know what to tell you... you are blinded by your own agenda..

any knucklehead sinner can "denounce sin" - Jesus said we are ALL sinners, i'm surprised you didn't realize.

the man you defend here is the one who actively seeks to demonize and marginalize people.

interesting how you can 'forgive' HIM his 'sins' but not those of us in this thread who think that Jesus Christ himself would not approve of Duggar's harmful and hypocritical agenda to marginalize certain 'sinners' in our society.

political agendas seek to make laws that are entirely separate from religious notions of "sin" or "forgiveness" :thup:

what will your version of Christian "forgiveness" do for the marginalized victims - aka the selected 'sinners' - ?

hiding behind religious notions of "forgiveness" whenever it is politically convenient might make self righteous people feel good about themselves, but most rational people recognize the misguided hypocrisy of his hateful agenda, thank God.

by the way, who knows whether not this young man still feels an inner struggle with the TEMPTATION to touch little girls?

that's how these creeps view his sexual "sin", you realize...an evil temptation he must continue to resist?

normal people don't have to resist that temptation... his behavior was NOT normal!

I'm glad that Jesus has forgiven Duggar.

I'm not Jesus.

I'd like to see him wear the label of "child molester" for the rest of his life, like anyone else who has been convicted of the crime. That would include his registering his address within every municipality and state in which he resides.

I'm not Jesus.

I'd like to see him wear the label of "child molester" for the rest of his life, like anyone else who has been convicted of the crime. That would include his registering his address within every municipality and state in which he resides.
I'm still wondering why people are claiming that Jesus has forgiven him.

What I was taught is that you must repent if you want forgiveness. I have seen no repenting but rather a years long cover up. That also applies to the parents.

to those of you weeping for his forgiveness and pointing to his sisters' forgiveness..?

consider the point i made in another thread the other day..

[URL="http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/11565208/"]Former Duggar Family home schooler spills the beans[/URL]

[QUOTE="Valerie, post: 11565208, member: 11971" ---->

weirdos think when children are abused 'in house' it's none of the evil gubmint's business..

DHS Child Protective Services How to Report Child Abuse or Neglect

the duggar siblings are hard wired to just 'forgive' his trespasses into their bedroom, so naturally they only grasp what they are taught to grasp in the manner in which they were taught by their parents to grasp it...

Is a former crack addict a hypocrite if after he gets clean he campaigns against heroin use as well as other drugs?

Is a former alcoholic a hypocrite if after he turns his life around he campaigns against underage drinking?

How then is someone who repented of one sexual sin a hypocrite for campaigning against others?

if you can't see the hypocrisy of a child molester POLITICALLY pontificating over what is supposedly harmful to children, i don't know what to tell you... you are blinded by your own agenda..

any knucklehead sinner can "denounce sin" - Jesus said we are ALL sinners, i'm surprised you didn't realize.

the man you defend here is the one who actively seeks to demonize and marginalize people.

interesting how you can 'forgive' HIM his 'sins' but not those of us in this thread who think that Jesus Christ himself would not approve of Duggar's harmful and hypocritical agenda to marginalize certain 'sinners' in our society.

political agendas seek to make laws that are entirely separate from religious notions of "sin" or "forgiveness" :thup:

what will your version of Christian "forgiveness" do for the marginalized victims - aka the selected 'sinners' - ?

hiding behind religious notions of "forgiveness" whenever it is politically convenient might make self righteous people feel good about themselves, but most rational people recognize the misguided hypocrisy of his hateful agenda, thank God.

You already have him condemned as a child molester without any facts or proof other than what the media has put out.
We as a country are suppose to be about innocent until proven guilty.

I'm not Jesus.

I'm still wondering why people are claiming that Jesus has forgiven him.

What I was taught is that you must repent if you want forgiveness. I have seen no repenting but rather a years long cover up. That also applies to the parents.

he needs professional help, not just 'forgiveness' from like-minded enablers...

You already have him condemned as a child molester without any facts or proof other than what the media has put out.

:uhoh3:

Duggar just resigned from FRC after admitting to allegations that he molested several young girls as a teenager, including some of his sisters. Details of the police report, only filed by patriarch Jim Bob Duggar more than a year after the molestation took place, first came to light through reporting from In Touch magazine and later confirmed by TMZ. In a statement to People magazine, Josh Duggar publicly confessed to his behavior and the Duggar family also acknowledged his past mistakes on Facebook. But FRC’s official response, via President Tony Perkins, was incredibly muted.

He issued a statement a couple of weeks ago admitting it. :rolleyes:

He and his family have never said that he was a molester, it is everyone else who has with no real facts at all.
What he said was;
"Twelve years ago, as a young teenager, I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret," the 27-year-old said. "I hurt others, including my family and close friends. I confessed this to my parents who took several steps to help me address the situation. We spoke with the authorities where I confessed my wrongdoing, and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counseling. I understood that if I continued down this wrong road that I would end up ruining my life."

Many have him condemned as still possibly molesting children and there is no proof at all that he has.

He and his family have never said that he was a molester, it is everyone else who has with no real facts at all.
What he said was;
"Twelve years ago, as a young teenager, I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret," the 27-year-old said. "I hurt others, including my family and close friends. I confessed this to my parents who took several steps to help me address the situation. We spoke with the authorities where I confessed my wrongdoing, and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counseling. I understood that if I continued down this wrong road that I would end up ruining my life."

Many have him condemned as still possibly molesting children and there is no proof at all that he has.
Maybe he was confessing to looking cross eyed at Jesus.

What he said was;

He confessed to feeling up his sisters and one baby sitter not molesting.

What he said was;

Ah....Peach. Feeling up children's genitals is, in fact, the definition of child molesting......

What he said was;

Ah....Peach. Feeling up children's genitals is, in fact, the definition of child molesting......

Child Molestation legal definition of Child Molestation

Child molestation is a crime involving a range of indecent or sexual activities between an adult and a child, usually under the age of 14. In psychiatric terms, these acts are sometimes known as pedophilia. It is important, however, to keep in mind that child molestation and child Sexual Abuse refer to specific, legally defined actions. They do not necessarily imply that the perpetrator bears a particular psychological makeup or motive. For example, not all incidents of child molestation are perpetrated by pedophiles; sometimes the perpetrator has other motives for his or her actions and does not manifest an ongoing pattern of sexual attraction to children. Thus, not all child molestation is perpetrated by pedophiles, and not all pedophiles actually commit child molestation.

MBJesusPsycho.jpg

i don't know where you got your definition, but this is from Arizona statutes:

MOLESTATION
CHILD MOLESTATION LAWS IN ARIZONA:
Child sexual abuse charges are extremely serious and aggressively prosecuted in Arizona. If you were charged with child molestation or any other child abuse offense, you are advised to obtain the legal services of an experienced Phoenix and Mesa child molestation attorney. Attorney Jeremy Geigle defends his clients with great focus and dedication.

Molestation of a Child, ARS 13-1410:

• “A person commits molestation of a child by intentionally or knowingly engaging in or causing a person to engage in sexual contact, except sexual contact with the female breast, with a child under fifteen years of age.”
Child molestation charges may result from the direct or indirect sexual touching or contact of a child under the age of 15. The offense may apply if the child touches the adult or if the adult touches the child.

CHILD MOLESTATION PENALTIES IN ARIZONA:
  • Minimum: 10 years prison
  • Maximum: 24 years prison
  • Class 2 felony
  • Note: no “gain” time; sentences are day-to-day
  • Lifetime sexual offender registration requirement
  • Permanent criminal record

You don't even deny it. Sad.

Do you know what self righteous means? Looking at the context, you don't.

No one is trying to marginalize sinners, except ironically you

no, duggar's political agenda is what brings his molestation into the spot light.

i twice called your claim that i supposedly don't care about the victims "bullshit"

now you claim i "don't even deny it" - so once again, you're all bullshit. (yes, that means i deny what you claim)

you and foxfyre talk a good Christian game but Jesus Christ told me he thinks you both miss the point because you're blinded with self righteousness indignation. you'd rather demonize your fellow posters..which is also an attempt to marginalize those who don't see things the same, as if you are somehow a better person... as a Christian, i am truly embarrassed for you and for Christianity.

The fact that he freely confessed it and never hid it is what brought his sins to the public eye. his politics have nothing to do with it.

The fact that you are unforgiving toward him because of his politics demonstrates you don't care about victims. If you cared about his victims you'd pay attention to the fact that they have forgiven him.

You have not been demonized. Nor anyone else. Telling the truth is not demonizing no matter how unpleasant you find the truth to be.

He did not "freely confess". He was caught. It was after he came back from the kiddie porn friend's place that he did it again and he did confess that time.

Its ridiculous to say that if one person forgives, then everyone should forgive.

You RWs are defending him BECAUSE he is a radical fundie RW and you don't care if that means you kick his victims to the curb.

Forum List

Back