Joint, Pipe or Bong?

I grew up in the sixties when drugs were mandatory. Gave up weed and other drugs in my early twenties. When they told me that a one ounce lid would cost me $45.00.
Gave up alcohol at the same time. Have a beer about once every six months.

Found it was not worth it. Retired early and traveled the U.S. for over five years. Damn sure that being able to do that was more then worth giving up both of those things.

At 54 I still hit the pipe on occasion.
But I insist on the best available.

Is it glass or metal? Glass pipes are more satisfying but metal pipes last forever, it's kind of a zero-sum game. Also, how's the weed in TX? Do you get bright green sticky buds that I sometimes do here in Califuckup?

Used to use glass all the time.
Got sick of the breakage so went to metal.
We get pretty good smoke but i doesnt compare to the old days.

i won't touch anything that's less than medical grade & today's weed is much better than what was considered the good stuff back in the day.... even acapulco gold, columbian or panama red needed a whole joint to do the job... now 2 or 3 puffs is all it takes & no stems & seeds to filter out.

To say the least I'm disappointed.
My buddy and i brought smoke from texas and they freaked out on how good it was.

Let me preface by saying I've always been a moderate, responsible weed-smoker. Who smokes AFTER my medical paperwork-filing job and I'm at home in my rural private property, in which nobody else is being bothered. Nor do I advocate anyone under the age of 18 being a stoner.

At any rate, I've always liked rolling joints so fat they resemble tampons -- I GOTTA smoke my Tampax, lol. Bong hits have their interesting advantages with the smoke-cooling water-elbow, but I haven't had a bong in years so I've been in the habit of rolling my female-hygiene-looking fat joints for a long, long time. I do like the semi-sweet aftertaste that joint/tampons leave.

I always liked a bong. I was much like you, enjoying my weed in the evening after work and responsibilities were done. But now the drug screenings make that a liability, so I gave it up until I retire in about 3 years.

One point to make, don't put cold water in the bong. Put warm water in it. When the smoke goes thru the cold water, it is cooled. Which make the air contract. As it warms in your lungs it expands. Coughing follows. Warm water warms it, and it cools in the lungs.

The bad parts about bongs is their size and the water. One is just old paranoia. The other is one of the nastiest substances on the planet.

I stopped smoking years ago but I always preferred pipes. Joints are wasteful and bong hits aren't nearly as smooth as they're cracked up to be.

All the younger ones do blunts. I don't smoke much, can't right now, but when I do, it's joints.

Joints do have a unique after-taste, don't they?

They're easily disposed of if the man comes around. ;)

You can't throw a joint very far. A pipe will sail farther than cops will search.

A pipe is handy, that is for sure. But a joint is the way most of us tried weed. You always remember your first love.

Joint:

knee-joint-anatomy-guide.jpg

Pipe:

PIPES-galvanized2.jpg

(Billy) Bong:

manhood_1_919364eb-9b4b-4dd1-b7b5-f5da0ff6bf6d_700x.jpg

Well one things for sure... I won't be sucking on any of those...

Let me preface by saying I've always been a moderate, responsible weed-smoker. Who smokes AFTER my medical paperwork-filing job and I'm at home in my rural private property, in which nobody else is being bothered. Nor do I advocate anyone under the age of 18 being a stoner.

At any rate, I've always liked rolling joints so fat they resemble tampons -- I GOTTA smoke my Tampax, lol. Bong hits have their interesting advantages with the smoke-cooling water-elbow, but I haven't had a bong in years so I've been in the habit of rolling my female-hygiene-looking fat joints for a long, long time. I do like the semi-sweet aftertaste that joint/tampons leave.
Do people vap it nowadays?

All the younger ones do blunts. I don't smoke much, can't right now, but when I do, it's joints.

You can't throw a joint very far. A pipe will sail farther than cops will search.

A pipe is handy, that is for sure. But a joint is the way most of us tried weed. You always remember your first love.

You didn't know you can eat a joint? :eek:
Dude! I bet you're older than me.

I knew it. Hell, I've done it. Damned dry though.

When it's that or handcuffs, make a decision. :dunno:

When it's that or handcuffs, make a decision. :dunno:

Choking to death in handcuffs doesn't sound like a fun ending. Between the cottonmouth and the joint...

I always liked a bong. I was much like you, enjoying my weed in the evening after work and responsibilities were done. But now the drug screenings make that a liability, so I gave it up until I retire in about 3 years.

One point to make, don't put cold water in the bong. Put warm water in it. When the smoke goes thru the cold water, it is cooled. Which make the air contract. As it warms in your lungs it expands. Coughing follows. Warm water warms it, and it cools in the lungs.

The bad parts about bongs is their size and the water. One is just old paranoia. The other is one of the nastiest substances on the planet.

Bongs really do deliver a clean, unique hit of weed. Back in high school my best friend and I had a 4-foot-bong we made out of a length of PVC pipe, into which we drilled two holes near the bottom, installed a pipe mechanism in that hole (other hole being the carb), leading to the bottom and fastened/sealed a Mason jar on the bottom of this PVC pipe, in which the "water elbow" existed. Both of us nicknamed our ramshackle, improv. 4-foot-bong "The Doctor" because it cured whatever was wrong with anyone, lol. Sometimes when each of us were taking a bong hit from "The Doctor" as a prank we'd blow a big blast of air into the bong's carb, to turbocharge any bong hit and make each other hilariously cough and gag for eons....good, funny times.

Do people vap it nowadays?
When I can get ahold of them. Actually prefer the vape over actual weed. Clean, no smell and ready to use.
Two puffs and I am good.

One hitter if I have to burn it.

Pot heads are idiots. .

So are alcoholics, but not everyone who drinks is an alcoholic.
Not everyone who smokes is a pothead.
There is a thing called moderation and responsible use of either.

Or are you one of those who support the Nanny State deciding what is best for you?

Bongs really do deliver a clean, unique hit of weed. Back in high school my best friend and I had a 4-foot-bong we made out of a length of PVC pipe, into which we drilled two holes near the bottom, installed a pipe mechanism in that hole (other hole being the carb), leading to the bottom and fastened/sealed a Mason jar on the bottom of this PVC pipe, in which the "water elbow" existed. Both of us nicknamed our ramshackle, improv. 4-foot-bong "The Doctor" because it cured whatever was wrong with anyone, lol. Sometimes when each of us were taking a bong hit from "The Doctor" as a prank we'd blow a big blast of air into the bong's carb, to turbocharge any bong hit and make each other hilariously cough and gag for eons....good, funny times.

The creativity for making bongs and pipes is amazing. I made some pretty cool bongs back in the day. I once made a pipe out of an apple and the screen from a sink. Tasted pretty decent.

The creativity for making bongs and pipes is amazing. I made some pretty cool bongs back in the day. I once made a pipe out of an apple and the screen from a sink. Tasted pretty decent.

Thats why I love the cheap ass little plastic rolling machine perfect joint minimum paper ...you can pick them up in any tobacco shop

I had one of these to which also work well ... I broke my last one need a new one
poetry-cigarette-case-rolling-machine-real-wood-cigarette-roller-cat-and-mouse-be-the-wolf-gift-original-mahogany-typewriter-poet-3.jpg

tenor.gif

Apple and pears hell yea
Ever do a gravity bong in the kitchen sink? ...ah yes those teenage years
Today I have a little tiny glass bong for when i'm outta paper or just feel like doing a bong hit .

I had a glazed ceramic two person skull bong as a teen ..... two clear pvc tubes coming out of the eyes ,the nose had a hole for the carb and the mouth had the pipe where the bowl was attached to .

Also had an electric bong that had a face mask that covered your nose and mouth.
Had a small aquarium pump for a ten gallon tank attached to a piece of wood on one end The Other side having whats best described as two betta fish bowls . What you would do is you would get the giant bowl going ...their was a rubber seal between the little fish bowls and would put one beta fish bowl on top of the other and strap the face mask on.......
once ya got it going all ya had to do was hit the carb and uh boy

Someone said vapes
Today the vapes are good ya gotta be careful though ... the brand my dealer was getting was good ... all of a sudden he got a bad batch they were not smoke-able ...He actually took em back I aint paying for garbage .."store credit" ....He said "I know They were crap ".....a freaking brand they sell out of dispensaries in CA ..you could tell by the taste that yeah ......somethings off here
They were really good to ..That brand ill never buy one again

homemade candy and cookies if they're done well are out of this world ...

If God wanted you to smoke, he would have put a smokestack on top of your head.

Pot heads are idiots. .

So are alcoholics, but not everyone who drinks is an alcoholic.
Not everyone who smokes is a pothead.
There is a thing called moderation and responsible use of either.

Or are you one of those who support the Nanny State deciding what is best for you?

Moderation is the key to it all. I love to enjoy a beer on a hot day or watching a ball game. A gin & tonic at the beach or a whiskey with friends. But I am not an alcoholic.

The only differences between smoking weed and drinking is that I have never gotten in a fight when I'm high and no one ever smokes weed without wanting to get stoned.

Forum List

Back