Joe "The World's Dumbest Politician & Sexual Abuser" Biden On Anita Hill In 1998: ‘She Was Lying’

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
It's true that Joe Biden did his best to help Anita Hill, including concealing witnesses who would have been a disaster under examination. But even he admitted to his colleague that Hill was lying.

Former vice president Joe Biden repeatedly said on The View on Friday that he believed Anita Hill from the moment he heard her tale of sexual harassment by Clarence Thomas. But he previously told Sen. Arlen Specter that it was clear her testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee included lies.

“Not only didn’t I vote for Clarence Thomas, I believed her from the beginning. I was against Clarence Thomas, I did everything in my power to defeat Clarence Thomas and he won by the smallest margin anyone ever won going on the Supreme Court,” Biden told “The View’s” Joy Behar.

But in 1998, Biden admitted to Specter that “It was clear to me from the way she was answering the questions, [Hill] was lying” about a key part of her testimony. The exchange was published in Specter’s 2000 memoir, “Passion for Truth: From Finding JFK’s Single Bullet to Questioning Anita Hill to Impeaching Clinton.”

The issue is important, as the media and other partisans rewrite the historical record about Hill and her accusations. The widely watched hearings revealed inaccuracies in Hill’s various versions of events and ended with 58 percent of Americans believing Thomas and only 24 percent believing Hill. There was no gap between the sexes in the results. In the intervening years, activists have relentlessly attempted to change the narrative, writing fan fiction about Hill, bestowing honors on her, and asserting that her disputed allegations were credible.

(Excerpt) Read more at thefederalist.com ...

One of the first articles I read by Thomas Sowell was his explanation that Anita Hill lied. She wanted her name kept secret from Clarence Thomas. If Thomas actually said what she claimed to her, then he would obviously know that he said them to her. The only reason to hide her name from him was that she was lying.

I don't buy that. Her testimony was basically true. If she tripped up on a few particulars, it was inadvertent and unimportant.

The important thing was that Thomas' occasional off-color remarks and jokes in the workplace were trivial and meaningless. They made her slightly uncomfortable, but so what? They were certainly no reason to torpedo a nomination to the Supreme Court. The Democrats who voted against him couldn't have cared less about Anita Hill's sensitivities; they simply didn't want a young Conservative on the court for 40 odd years. The Anita Hill testimony merely gave them cover, so that it wouldn't look like they were opposing him because he was Black.

Arlen Specter had the temerity to question her behavior AFTER the incidents in question: Why did she follow him to the next agency where he went? Why did she continue to call him and socialize with him? Her outrage and pain were clearly exaggerated, if not completely fake. All this was why disinterested observers concluded that her tale of woe was incredible. Not lies, just exaggerated.

Her subsequent Beatification by the political Left has been nauseating in the extreme. No one who paid attention during those hearings can fail to be appalled that she is calling out Joe Biden for not falling at her feet in remorse.

The BALLS on that pathetic woman.

In my opinion Anita Hill fabricated a story, once leaked was forced to testify. In short she was in it to far to back out.

It's true that Joe Biden did his best to help Anita Hill, including concealing witnesses who would have been a disaster under examination. But even he admitted to his colleague that Hill was lying.

Former vice president Joe Biden repeatedly said on The View on Friday that he believed Anita Hill from the moment he heard her tale of sexual harassment by Clarence Thomas. But he previously told Sen. Arlen Specter that it was clear her testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee included lies.

“Not only didn’t I vote for Clarence Thomas, I believed her from the beginning. I was against Clarence Thomas, I did everything in my power to defeat Clarence Thomas and he won by the smallest margin anyone ever won going on the Supreme Court,” Biden told “The View’s” Joy Behar.

But in 1998, Biden admitted to Specter that “It was clear to me from the way she was answering the questions, [Hill] was lying” about a key part of her testimony. The exchange was published in Specter’s 2000 memoir, “Passion for Truth: From Finding JFK’s Single Bullet to Questioning Anita Hill to Impeaching Clinton.”

The issue is important, as the media and other partisans rewrite the historical record about Hill and her accusations. The widely watched hearings revealed inaccuracies in Hill’s various versions of events and ended with 58 percent of Americans believing Thomas and only 24 percent believing Hill. There was no gap between the sexes in the results. In the intervening years, activists have relentlessly attempted to change the narrative, writing fan fiction about Hill, bestowing honors on her, and asserting that her disputed allegations were credible.

(Excerpt) Read more at thefederalist.com ...

One of the first articles I read by Thomas Sowell was his explanation that Anita Hill lied. She wanted her name kept secret from Clarence Thomas. If Thomas actually said what she claimed to her, then he would obviously know that he said them to her. The only reason to hide her name from him was that she was lying.
No one has ever accused creepy Joe Of being all that bright... They don’t call him senile Joe Biden for no reason.

Donald Trump is president … We cannot be talking about this fucking shit again with the Democratic candidates.

Forum List

Back