Joe the Plumber says sorry about your kids but

[q

I see you don't even understand the Second Amendment.....figures. :rolleyes:

I understand it perfectly well.

My understanding is how the Courts have read it for over 200 years.

Read what the Founding Fathers wrote, in addition to the US Constitution, and it may help clarify it for you.

And yes, the courts have held the same opinion for 200 years. The US Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled that it is an individual right.

Joe the Plumber should have his own reality show. It could follow Duck Dynasty. It could feature him doing things like studying to pass the test to actually obtain his plumber's license.

[q

I see you don't even understand the Second Amendment.....figures. :rolleyes:

Read what the Founding Fathers wrote, in addition to the US Constitution, and it may help clarify it for you.

And yes, the courts have held the same opinion for 200 years. The US Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled that it is an individual right.

1) I have. They were talking about Militias.
2) No, the courts have not held this opinion for 200 years. In fact, quite the reverse, a number of key court cases, such as US v. Miller and Quilici v. Morton Grove held that government at various levels had the right to restrict gun ownership.

But hell, let's not even go that far. Despite what the Founding Slave Rapists thought 200 years ago, is letting everyone own a gun, including people who hear voices in their heads, a good idea in the Here and Now?

Absolutely fucking not.

1) I have. They were talking about Militias.
2) No, the courts have not held this opinion for 200 years. In fact, quite the reverse, a number of key court cases, such as US v. Miller and Quilici v. Morton Grove held that government at various levels had the right to restrict gun ownership.

But hell, let's not even go that far. Despite what the Founding Slave Rapists thought 200 years ago, is letting everyone own a gun, including people who hear voices in their heads, a good idea in the Here and Now?

Absolutely fucking not.

And we HAVE restrictions on who can own guns. Convicted felons cannot own guns. People who have been convicted of domestic abuse cannot own guns. And the mentally ill cannot own guns. hat is why the background checks are done. But they onlywork when doctors report the mental illnesses that qualify.

So your comment " including people who hear voices in their heads" is bullshit or ignorance. I'll let you pick which one.

Oh, and as far as militia is concerned you have to look at the definition of militia when the document was written. It did not mean standing or gov't run military.

[

And we HAVE restrictions on who can own guns. Convicted felons cannot own guns. People who have been convicted of domestic abuse cannot own guns. And the mentally ill cannot own guns. hat is why the background checks are done. But they onlywork when doctors report the mental illnesses that qualify.

So your comment " including people who hear voices in their heads" is bullshit or ignorance. I'll let you pick which one.

If a kid gets picked off by a coyote, do you really say, "Well, I had a fence!" Or do you realize that the fence was inadequate and make a new one.

The laws we have are inadequate, either in their enforcement or their structure. I really don't care which.

[
Oh, and as far as militia is concerned you have to look at the definition of militia when the document was written. It did not mean standing or gov't run military.

which again, is meaningless.

Here's the problem. Whatever the Slave Rapists thought back then, in the here and NOW letting everyone have a gun is not a good idea. We aren't going to rally the "militia" to deal with a problem. We are going to leave that to professionally trained police and military forces.

Joe The Plumber: 'Your Dead Kids Don't Trump My Constitutional Rights' To Have Guns

Joe, no one wants your guns. What we need to better checks on gun purchases. This kid had 400 rounds left. He could have taken out a couple hundred more people.

Shouldn't this give some pause even to the most ardent gun owners? I own multiple guns and enjoy shooting and hunting, when I have time. But I can see that there needs to be changes to a system that is out of control.

Both the mental health system and the firearms purchase system need to be rethought. The police have to be better trained at identifying people who may be on the edge of another massacre. Sadly, it is only a matter of time until something similar happens again. Just pray that the victims are not members of your family or friends.
And it is still true today over nine years later...

Forum List

Back