Jobs Bill

Nobody's calling for anarchy which is what you are illustrating, stop being so silly. What is meant by "getting out of the way" is the reduction in the amount of regs, the punitive taxation, the mandates, the reporting. You see, I am a CPA and have served as a CFO of mid-sized company. The reporting requirements, the endless surveys and census' forms, the endless amounts of insurance needed just to operate, the environmental studies required just to build a new plant, the forms, the never ending changes to W2's, 1099's, 940's, 941's, etc., the endless changes in withholding tables, amounts, SOX compliance, it is a nightmare. And you think that;s bad? Try taking a firm public. You have the SEC and various other agencies up your ass with a microscope.

Nobody's advocating eliminating the police... so get real.

Indeed.

At one of my small companies, we underwent an EEOC audit. The "auditor" harassed us because of the four people in HR, none of them were men.

Why on earth we need the Federal Government to scrutinize the gender of an HR staff consisting of FOUR PEOPLE is inexplicable.

If you own companies (plural), you sure do have an inordinate amount of extra time to spend yaking on a message board. And I don't believe your harrassment bullshit either.

I don't care if a moron like you believes me or not.

You sad sack of silliness.

Democrats were in the majority in the House for 4 years. Obama has been president for (a long long) 2 years. Where did the jobs go?

Our beloved corporations sent them elsewhere in the never ending search for higher profits.

Yeah, why is that?

Oh yeah, because liberal Democrats and liberal Republicans have been putting so much unnecessary regulation and taxation on said companies, that they can no longer make a living in the United States.

So what would be the logical way to fix that:

Make more regulation and raise taxes to "punish" those "evil" corporations that actually want to make a living, or

eliminate the unnecessary regulations that are artificially pushing up costs and the over taxation making companies unprofitable and non-competitive in the global market.

The more you squeeze down on businesses, the more wealth our nation is going to lose. Allow freedom to persist, let the businesses create wealth, you will have more jobs and more tax revenue.

Unless, of course, you really dont want our nation creating wealth and our people to be employed.

As I've been saying, along with others, how'd that work out for ya before? The businesses created wealth alright, but they didn't create jobs (in this country anyway).

Actually, no, it's already been voided.

They would have to ask for a stay at this point. Like you said, it's dead meat.

The judge doesn't have to issue a stay because voiding the law is the legal equivalent of the stay. The judge is opperating under the legal presumption that the executive branch is going to obey the law.

Now, the administration doesn't want to violate the law does it?

Ever heard of the appeal process? If every ruling by a federal judge became law, do you have any idea how many truly frivolous laws would be on the books? There's a vast difference between a ruling and making law.

The Federal Government is taking control of too many things that are States Rights according to the Constitution. The police won't go away, they are a state issue as should be road repair, education,health care and environmental protection. Make the Federal Government do ONLY that which the Constitution allows and all other things are the responsibility of the state. Eliminate all those departments and czars and we can lower taxes and encourage business to expand. Get the Federal Government out of the way and let Capitalism work. It's never failed us before

I hate canned opinions. Capitalism always works, huh? So explain why the major investment banks went belly up and took everything else down with them. That was capitalism at its finest. :lol:

The Federal Government is taking control of too many things that are States Rights according to the Constitution. The police won't go away, they are a state issue as should be road repair, education,health care and environmental protection. Make the Federal Government do ONLY that which the Constitution allows and all other things are the responsibility of the state. Eliminate all those departments and czars and we can lower taxes and encourage business to expand. Get the Federal Government out of the way and let Capitalism work. It's never failed us before

I hate canned opinions. Capitalism always works, huh? So explain why the major investment banks went belly up and took everything else down with them. That was capitalism at its finest. :lol:

Of course Capitalism works. Take a look at the full history of this country. Capitalism is what made us what we are today. Nobody said it was perfect, though, and it doesn't mean there won't be mistakes made. Regarding the financial crisis, there were plenty of mistakes made and in a truly 100% Capitalist economy in theory those companies that made those bad choices would collapse and go under and those that survived as well as future companies would hopefully learn from those mistakes and not repeat them. Of course, we didn't allow that to happen. The government rode in and bailed them out with our money, so who knows if they learned anything.

Personally, in my opinion, Capitalism works best with some common sense restraints imposed upon it to keep corruption and monopolization at a minimum.

Of course Capitalism works. Take a look at the full history of this country. Capitalism is what made us what we are today. Nobody said it was perfect, though, and it doesn't mean there won't be mistakes made. Regarding the financial crisis, there were plenty of mistakes made and in a truly 100% Capitalist economy in theory those companies that made those bad choices would collapse and go under and those that survived as well as future companies would hopefully learn from those mistakes and not repeat them. Of course, we didn't allow that to happen. The government rode in and bailed them out with our money, so who knows if they learned anything.

Personally, in my opinion, Capitalism works best with some common sense restraints imposed upon it to keep corruption and monopolization at a minimum.

The problem with "common sense" solutions is common sense is uncommon and usually takes the back seat to avarice, bigotry and callous disregard for others. Critically thinking is required along with an honest effort to define problems and debate solutions; mindless defense of Capitalism and minimizing the cause for the near financial collapse by suggesting mistakes were made and companies should have been allowed to fail is both naive and worthless partisan rhetoric.
As for my suggesting government "get out of the way" might lead to anarchy, yes the example I used was hyperbole. Yet, anarchy is not a poor example of what occurred in the financial services industry. Without regulations and oversight greed took over when common sense would suggest house of cards always fall.

Quote:Wry Catcher
Why have Cantor and USSC Justice Scalia met privately with the Kock brothers (for those not willfully ignorant I suggest strongly a review of thier business and family political history)?

boulderdash.....Link please.........( oh thats kocH but I suspect you knew that)

The government creates millions of permanent jobs. Lets take legal immigration, the government has made the process so complicated, to simply ask for permission to bring my wife home from Brazil I need an immigration service to fill out the extremely complicated forms.

An immigration service is typically one or two people at the least, Liberals have created thousands of these jobs.

Further, there will be problems, the government will conviently make mistakes and send Permanent Resident Cards to the wrong address. When that happens, its time for a Lawyer.

A law firm typically has 2-40 employees, another small business.

So for me, who must ask permission of the Liberal side of government to bring my wife home, I give business to Law firms and Para-Legal firms.

I also got divorced once, again I used Para-Legal firms and Law firms, I can honestly state that I have spent over thirty thousand dollars on Lawyers in my life, strictly dealing with the government.

Thankfully we have government run health care, as soon as I need a doctor to shove that finger where the sun doesn't shine to check my prostrate I will have to hire a Lawyer to make sure the government does not shove something unwanted there.

Yes, when I go to the Doctor I will need my medical history and my Lawyer.

I bet we can list millions of jobs the government creates.

The problem with "common sense" solutions is common sense is uncommon and usually takes the back seat to avarice, bigotry and callous disregard for others. Critically thinking is required along with an honest effort to define problems and debate solutions; mindless defense of Capitalism and minimizing the cause for the near financial collapse by suggesting mistakes were made and companies should have been allowed to fail is both naive and worthless partisan rhetoric.
As for my suggesting government "get out of the way" might lead to anarchy, yes the example I used was hyperbole. Yet, anarchy is not a poor example of what occurred in the financial services industry. Without regulations and oversight greed took over when common sense would suggest house of cards always fall.

So in regards to the financial crisis or more accuately, collapse, you believe we needed another layer of government to oversee the Democrat Barney Frank, You believe we need more rules and regulations to oversee the rules and regulations that the Democrat Barney Frank ignored.

Common sense, your throwing that phrase around without displaying any common sense yourself.

Your description of the economic collapse is lacking, in three or four sentences you display complete ignorance on the topic.

Democrat Barney Frank had a relationship with a top executive at Fannie Mae, what was his name, he has a name, who was the Democrat Barney Franks lover, this man has a name, did either of these two men do anything wrong because of their intimate homosexual relationship. We know that Democrat Barney Frank said Fannie Mae was financially sound as Congressmen called for more oversight from the Democrat Barney Frank's Committee.

This is just one tiny aspect which many seem ingnorant of.

I wonder if there is no investigation of Democrat Senator Barney Franks because this is a homosexual relationship involving an executive at Fannie Mae who attibuted to the lost of trillions of dollars.

I imagine the last thing the Liberals want is these facts known to the world, this would be bad for everything gay and everything Liberal. Under the Liberal's oversight, the government faciliated the transfer of trillions of dollars to banks, Wall Street, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Actually, no, it's already been voided.

They would have to ask for a stay at this point. Like you said, it's dead meat.

WTF are you talking about? Two federal courts have ruled the Health Reform bill constitutional and two have ruled it unconstitutional. Until someone brings an action in the United States Supreme Court for a ruling, the bill stands. Congress can try again and again to repeal the whole thing, but they won't succeed except in parts. Get it?

no theres an implied injunction actually that Vinson even said he expects them to recognize...which btw they are not...just imagine if this had been bush, just for a moment....

Created more private sector jobs in 2010 than during entire Bush years

Total bullcrap.

Did Bush preside over 52 months of uninterrupted job creation? Close, but not quite.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the economy added more jobs than it lost during 50 out of 52 months between September 2003 and December 2007. The economy lost jobs over two months during that stretch -- between June 2007 and July 2007 (20,000 jobs) and between July 2007 and August 2007 (71,000).

That falls slightly short of being "uninterrupted" Gillespie would have been correct if he'd said that jobs grew for 46 consecutive months.

We might add that over the course of Bush's presidency -- a total of 96 months -- the economy created 1.08 million jobs. That may sound like a lot, but compared to every other post-World War II president prior to Obama, it's the lowest average annual percentage increase in jobs created. (See our calculations here.)

That said, Obama's figures are worse than any of his postwar predecessors'. The economy has shed between 2.4 million and 3.1 million jobs during the 18 months he's been in office, depending on whether you start counting with the January 2009 figures or the February 2009 figures.

www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/jul/13/ed-gillespie/gillespie-touts-bush-record-taxes-job-creation/

That one I knew for a fact was an outright lie. No point in bothering with the rest.

Last edited:
If we don't start building some power plants and chop the legs of this childish Green movement... we won't need a jobs bill, just lot's of soup kitchens and homeless shelters.

If we don't start building some power plants and chop the legs of this childish Green movement... we won't need a jobs bill, just lot's of soup kitchens and homeless shelters.

Don't hold your breath.

I think he should. Hold his breath that is.
Nola is stupid, green energy is the future. He is no different than 17th century conservatives who opposed the dissection of the human body, or 18th century conservatives who opposed horseless carriages; he has no imagination and a complete inability to critically think. All characteristic of the New Right.

The Republicans have ZERO plans for job creation. In fact, the GOP's priority, supposedly,

is going to be reducing the size of government, which is a job ELIMINATION plan. You can be for that or against that but you can't deny that the GOP's plans mean jobs don't get created,

they get disappeared.

Did you happen to see why the jobs numbers were weak? Government layoffs. Government cutbacks.

That is the GOP's plan, if they have the guts to go through with it. Put tens of thousands of Americans out of work.

The government doesn't create jobs...except for civil service (union) employees.

Oh really?

Who builds the F-22? for starters....

Lockheed-Martin.
They aren't the government...and we'll never solve our economic or our bloated "big government" corruption problems by building fighter planes anyway.
Government contracts to arms manufacturers and weapons makers isn't sustainable...unless you like war...and war IS good for big business..except people don't really like getting killed in wars I've noticed.
We have a 14 trillion dollar debt..building weapons and starting wars hasn't worked out very well lately, has it?.

Last edited:
The Republicans have ZERO plans for job creation. In fact, the GOP's priority, supposedly,

is going to be reducing the size of government, which is a job ELIMINATION plan. You can be for that or against that but you can't deny that the GOP's plans mean jobs don't get created,

they get disappeared.

Did you happen to see why the jobs numbers were weak? Government layoffs. Government cutbacks.

That is the GOP's plan, if they have the guts to go through with it. Put tens of thousands of Americans out of work.

I'm definitely in favor of smaller government..and to achieve that, government employees (union members) should lose their "jobs". Big government is what got us into this situation. Imagine how much better off we'd be if "tens of thousands" of useless, redundant gov't employees and their bloated "departments" were eliminated...We could start with all of obama's unelected "czars".
....but since obama has everything under control, those workers will be able to find another job in no time...right? So it's a "win-win" situation.

Last edited:

they get disappeared.

I'm definitely in favor of smaller government..and to achieve that, government employees (union members) should lose their "jobs". Big government is what got us into this situation. Imagine how much better off we'd be if "tens of thousands" of useless, redundant gov't employees and their bloated "departments" were eliminated...We could start with all of obama's unelected "czars".
....but since obama has everything under control, those workers will be able to find another job in no time...right? So it's a "win-win" situation.

So, which government employees should lose their jobs? Such an easy comment to make, but for anyone to take such a statement seriously some detail and a bit of what might be the consequences is needed.
I've posted this before with some detail, so I'll be brief.
Nearby large Federal buildings are a number of small businesses, many of which cater to federal employees and those who visit such offices; other larger business providing office supplies are dependent on these 'factories' where the "useless" work. What happens when their customers go away?
Simple solutions to complex problems create greater problems when not fully vetted. See the Iraq War for one very sad example.

Forum List

Back