Jobs Bill

what the hell is JOBS BILL?

And the First order of Business the people who voted in the Republicans with this last election has been to take on the TAKEOVER of our health care by this commie administration.

They better stay with it if they want to KEEP THEIR JOBS.

Sorry, hon, it STAYS unless and until it reaches the Supreme Court.

And the First order of Business the people who voted in the Republicans with this last election has been to take on the TAKEOVER of our health care by this commie administration.

we'll see I guess.

Hello. So there is no jobs bill, only the same old tried and failed policy: cut taxes, cut regulations and allow the insurance industry to continue a decades old tradition of raising rates, reducing service and denying coverage.
No concern that Justice Scalia is a confident of the Koch brothers? Or that Eric Cantor spent the past few days in secret meetings with them? Since the meetings was theirs, isn't the agenda important for 'we the people' to know?

Scalia's meeting with his favorite clients will have no more impact than when he and Cheney went duck hunting together when the Constitutional legitimacy of Cheney's energy task force was actually on the USSC docket. Supreme Court justices apparently can do whatever THEY want because they think the Constitution immunizes them.

Scalia's puppy Clarence Thomas has amended more than 20 years of financial disclosure forms to include $680,000 in payments to his wife by the conservative think tank, Heritgage Foundation. Federal judges are required to file annual disclosoure forms that list the employers of their spouses. Thomas says his failure to do so was just a "misunderstanding." And this guy makes determinations that affect the law of the land?

Unfortunately, they can't be fired for incompetence (or conflict of interest).

The Democrat controlled Senate just voted down a huge jobs bill yesterday.

What jobs bill? You mean the Republican claim that revoking the Health Care Bill would provide jobs? Uh huh...

We dug deep into Bureau of Labor Statistics data to find industries that are still adding jobs despite a rising national unemployment rate.

Health care
With a large segment of the population entering retirement age, health care remains strong adding more than 254,000 jobs so far this year. All sectors of the health-care industry experienced growth from January to August 2008. Ambulatory health-care services (which include doctor's offices, outpatient care centers and home health services) experienced a gain of 117,100 jobs. Hospitals added 92,700 positions, while nursing and residential care facilities grew by 19,600 jobs. Additionally, social assistance (like substance abuse and mental health counseling) added 24,000 jobs. Indeed, 30 percent of large health-care employers (50 or more employees) expected to expand staffs in the third quarter of 2008, according to CareerBuilder.com and USA Today's "Q3 2008 Job Forecast."
Who's Hiring Now: America's Most-Wanted Workers :: WetFeet

Before anyone starts yelling that those are 2008 numbers, they are expected to continue to grow.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/JobClub/2...ry-johnson-search-employment/story?id=9279899

Last edited:
In November, soon to be Speaker Boehner and the ambitious Cantor knew they would soon have the power to set the agenda for the House of Representatives and the nation. Nearly 60 days have passed and no job bill has been offered, or to my knowledge discussed and shared with the American people.

Aren't you a retired teacher if I recall? So what would you know about creating jobs? You've never produced anything substantive in your life.

And there is no such thing as a "jobs bill" because the government doesn't create jobs that contribute to the economy.

You usually don't make such stupid comments. What do teachers produce? Hopefully children who become adults and know how to spell, read, and write posts in message boards, for starters.

I'm so sick of hearing that "government doesn't create jobs." Of course it does. How many private sector jobs from the space program (not even including the enormous amount of scientific information that has benefited)? How many from the Interstate Highway System? Countless, literally countless.

The Defense Department's R&D division opens up thousands of opportunities for private industry.

DOD R&D Business Opportunities
Related Sites

Even the 70-year old Tennessee Valley Authority provides opportunities for hundreds of private developers.

L:eusa_eh::eusa_eh:K

Interesting thesis, can you list the "burden of government upon the economy"?
I suppose paying taxes and regulating health and safety to our food, drugs, air, water, etc. is a burden to business and industry, but to the entire economy?
How would reducing government spending benefit the economy, exactly? I wonder how eliminating government jobs will help reduce unemployment - can you explain this 'reasoning'?
Do we reduce the numbers in our military?
Cut off Social Security and Medicare benefits?
Eliminate inspectors of food production?

Explain the cost of the Iraq fiasco? Remember, it is on-going and will continue to cost us as we pay for the medical care of seriously and permanently injured combat vets. Do we cut off their care once they have exhausted a certain cost for their care (private insurance does, why not the VA?).

As you demonstrate a very poor understanding of economics, a proper explanation will be difficult to achieve. Here's a picture which summarizes the problem:

4956763771_b3b7b9fe05.jpg

Post WWII, Federal Spending has trended around 20% of the economy (with receipts trending between 18-19%). Obamanomics has increased that spending to 25% of the economy in less than 2 years, and is headed towards 30%. Receipts are not, and will not grow no matter how high they raise tax rates due to the fact that high taxes suppress economic activity - something DC consistently refuses to acknowledge in its budget models.

This level of government spending retards growth of the private sector due to the very simple concept of Opportunity Costs. Government is not an efficient investor of capital and does not create jobs. It allocates jobs (at a fractional multiplier) from one sector to another. By diverting that capital, the government prevents other, more productive jobs from being creating - the Opportunity Cost which, like the effect of high taxes, is not properly considered when the government scores its bloated programs.

The only way to create jobs is for the government to GET OUT OF THE WAY of the private sector.

I love simple explanations of extremely complex issues. And using statistics and graphs explains nothing without contex.
What you are saying is taxes and regulations kill business. My answer is that 'burden' can and is mitigted by special interest legislation provided to business and industry by both Democrats and Republicans. Business and industry rely on government for much of its business.
Look at the Miliatry Industrial complex; who is their customer?
Look at Big Farma, without regulations and subsidies food prices would drop from overproduction, soon crops would be left to rot in the fields. Then what, famine and higher prices.
Who built the highways and railroads which move our goods and services? Contractors paid for by taxes by the government.
Small business; restaurants, dry cleaners, hardware stores, ice cream stores, etc. etc. rely on employed Americans to have income sufficient to frequent their business.
In one respect the solution to this complex problem is simple: Jobs. How jobs are created is the object of controversy and should be debated.
Sadly, the New Right has been convinced that there is only one way for jobs to be created in America; there is no proof or evidence that government getting out of the way produces anything but low-paying jobs with few benefits (research the pay and benefits of a Wal-Mart employee).
Plutocracy anyone? Sure, vote for the GOP (Grow our Plutocracy) party.

Thank you for proving my point regarding your poor understanding of economics.

Now how about getting back to the classroom and brainwashing another generation of innocent children into being complacent tools of the state.

The Democrat controlled Senate just voted down a huge jobs bill yesterday.

Is this the bill you're talking about?

American Sauce: What’s in this bill? – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Capitol Hill (CNN) - Democrats call it a "jobs bill." Republicans are using it to restage the health care debate. We here at American Sauce feel that, perhaps, we should talk about what's actually in the FAA authorization and modernization bill on the floor of the Senate this week.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112s223pcs/pdf/BILLS-112s223pcs.pdf
No. The Democrat controlled Senated voted down ObamaCare repeal. If it would have passed with a veto proof majority, that would have opened back up 1/6 of the US Economy to the private sector. Government is what's preventing a "V" shaped recovery.

The FAA Reauthorization Act was stuck to the ObamaCare repeal act by The House because Dingy Harry didn't want to schedule ObamaCare Repeal for a stand alone vote. That just forced his hand.

Now the Senators that voted for it and then against the repeal are now on record for when the Supreme Court rules ObamaCare Unconstitutional later this year.

Sure, which would allow the medical profession to continue to increase costs at the rate of 10% annually making it unaffordable for even MORE people.

They have started on the Jobs issue with the vote to repeal ObamaCare. And now, they are working on initiatives to reduce government spending. These are steps in the right direction to reduce the overwhelming burden of government upon the economy.

I suppose paying taxes and regulating health and safety to our food, drugs, air, water, etc. is a burden to business and industry, but to the entire economy?
How would reducing government spending benefit the economy, exactly? I wonder how eliminating government jobs will help reduce unemployment - can you explain this 'reasoning'?

Explain the cost of the Iraq fiasco? Remember, it is on-going and will continue to cost us as we pay for the medical care of seriously and permanently injured combat vets. Do we cut off their care once they have exhausted a certain cost for their care (private insurance does, why not the VA?).

As you demonstrate a very poor understanding of economics, a proper explanation will be difficult to achieve. Here's a picture which summarizes the problem:

Post WWII, Federal Spending has trended around 20% of the economy (with receipts trending between 18-19%). Obamanomics has increased that spending to 25% of the economy in less than 2 years, and is headed towards 30%. Receipts are not, and will not grow no matter how high they raise tax rates due to the fact that high taxes suppress economic activity - something DC consistently refuses to acknowledge in its budget models.

This level of government spending retards growth of the private sector due to the very simple concept of Opportunity Costs. Government is not an efficient investor of capital and does not create jobs. It allocates jobs (at a fractional multiplier) from one sector to another. By diverting that capital, the government prevents other, more productive jobs from being creating - the Opportunity Cost which, like the effect of high taxes, is not properly considered when the government scores its bloated programs.

The only way to create jobs is for the government to GET OUT OF THE WAY of the private sector.

Yeah, like that's worked so well before. Fewer jobs, less wages. Trickle down is non-existent, so you guys want to try it again?

http://www.tax.com/taxcom/taxblog.nsf/0971609221721415852572ac0067c130/ed6ea2d2bd49e267852577a80067043b/$FILE/Table_4.pdf

The Health Care bill is designed to spread the cost which would end up costing less.

2000 pages. Crafted by lawyers and politicians with no public input.

Neither Pelosi nor Reid understand all of it or even know what it does and doesn't do...but you..you got it all down to one sentence...:cuckoo:

I guess you were MIA in the summer of 2009.

Jobs bill? Ok, here's your jobs bill:

Repeal Obamacare, lift the stupid moratorium on drilling, get rid of the EPA, Dept. of Energy, etc., lower corporate income taxes and stop attacking private indutry at every turn.

There's your jobs bill.

So, having thousands of government employees part of the newly unemployed will produce jobs. Your reasoning abilities are amazing NOLA. Simply amazing.
I'm curious though, those newly unemployed government employees, will no longer pay there mortgage or rent, spent money at restaurants, malls, theaters or buy cars, appliances or computers - tell me how that helps the economy.

Bottom line my friend, government produces NOTHING. Everything must be paid for by tax dollars. The more employees, the more tax dollars. Frankly, I see nothing useful coming from many Federal Agencies. Just bloated bureaucracies full of overpaid employees producing little if anything.

None are so blind as those who will not see. As one of the willfully ignorant, that is you NOLA.

So, having thousands of government employees part of the newly unemployed will produce jobs. Your reasoning abilities are amazing NOLA. Simply amazing.
I'm curious though, those newly unemployed government employees, will no longer pay there mortgage or rent, spent money at restaurants, malls, theaters or buy cars, appliances or computers - tell me how that helps the economy.

Bottom line my friend, government produces NOTHING. Everything must be paid for by tax dollars. The more employees, the more tax dollars. Frankly, I see nothing useful coming from many Federal Agencies. Just bloated bureaucracies full of overpaid employees producing little if anything.

None are so blind as those who will not see. As one of the willfully ignorant, that is you NOLA.

Through your blind partisan eyes, all on the right are willfully ignorant, wry. Go figure. :eusa_whistle:

Democrats were in the majority in the House for 4 years. Obama has been president for (a long long) 2 years. Where did the jobs go?

I love simple explanations of extremely complex issues. And using statistics and graphs explains nothing without contex.
What you are saying is taxes and regulations kill business. My answer is that 'burden' can and is mitigted by special interest legislation provided to business and industry by both Democrats and Republicans. Business and industry rely on government for much of its business.
Look at Big Farma, without regulations and subsidies food prices would drop from overproduction, soon crops would be left to rot in the fields. Then what, famine and higher prices.
Who built the highways and railroads which move our goods and services? Contractors paid for by taxes by the government.
Small business; restaurants, dry cleaners, hardware stores, ice cream stores, etc. etc. rely on employed Americans to have income sufficient to frequent their business.
In one respect the solution to this complex problem is simple: Jobs. How jobs are created is the object of controversy and should be debated.
Sadly, the New Right has been convinced that there is only one way for jobs to be created in America; there is no proof or evidence that government getting out of the way produces anything but low-paying jobs with few benefits (research the pay and benefits of a Wal-Mart employee).

Now how about getting back to the classroom and brainwashing another generation of innocent children into being complacent tools of the state.

You post a personal attack because you're too stupid to explain with examples and evidence how the government getting out of the way benefits jobs creation as well as the economy, environment and the health of our people.
So, lets say government gets out of the way. The oldest profession flourishes, for there are no cops to prosecute prostitutes or their pimps, no prosecutors needed since no arrests are made and no free clinics to diagnose and treat STD's.
Want more examples? I can offer many, but making an argument to a willfully ignorant partisan ^$##@$^* makes no sense.
Have a nice day and thank you so much for sharing your opinion.

Yeah, like that's worked so well before. Fewer jobs, less wages. Trickle down is non-existent, so you guys want to try it again?

http://www.tax.com/taxcom/taxblog.nsf/0971609221721415852572ac0067c130/ed6ea2d2bd49e267852577a80067043b/$FILE/Table_4.pdf

And here's a member of the Economic Illiterates Greek Chorus spewing yet more nonsense.

It wouldn't occur to you to consider how the tax code and regulatory bureaucracy has expanded over the decades to the point where small, entrepreneurial businesses are being suffocated. Net job creation is due to the small business sector. Period. End of story.

You post a personal attack because you're too stupid to explain with examples and evidence how the government getting out of the way benefits jobs creation as well as the economy, environment and the health of our people.
So, lets say government gets out of the way. The oldest profession flourishes, for there are no cops to prosecute prostitutes or their pimps, no prosecutors needed since no arrests are made and no free clinics to diagnose and treat STD's.
Want more examples? I can offer many, but making an argument to a willfully ignorant partisan ^$##@$^* makes no sense.

Yet more nonsense from someone who has zero experience creating an actual job in the real world. Get back to us after you buy a clue.

Nobody's calling for anarchy which is what you are illustrating, stop being so silly. What is meant by "getting out of the way" is the reduction in the amount of regs, the punitive taxation, the mandates, the reporting. You see, I am a CPA and have served as a CFO of mid-sized company. The reporting requirements, the endless surveys and census' forms, the endless amounts of insurance needed just to operate, the environmental studies required just to build a new plant, the forms, the never ending changes to W2's, 1099's, 940's, 941's, etc., the endless changes in withholding tables, amounts, SOX compliance, it is a nightmare. And you think that;s bad? Try taking a firm public. You have the SEC and various other agencies up your ass with a microscope.

Nobody's advocating eliminating the police... so get real.

Last edited:
BTW, the HIRE act and the recent changes to employee SSI withholding has created an unmitigated nightmare for payroll systems.

Democrats were in the majority in the House for 4 years. Obama has been president for (a long long) 2 years. Where did the jobs go?

Our beloved corporations sent them elsewhere in the never ending search for higher profits.

Actually, no, it's already been voided.

Forum List

Back