Jobs Bill

The Republicans have ZERO plans for job creation. In fact, the GOP's priority, supposedly,

is going to be reducing the size of government, which is a job ELIMINATION plan. You can be for that or against that but you can't deny that the GOP's plans mean jobs don't get created,

they get disappeared.

Did you happen to see why the jobs numbers were weak? Government layoffs. Government cutbacks.

That is the GOP's plan, if they have the guts to go through with it. Put tens of thousands of Americans out of work.

I'm definitely in favor of smaller government..and to achieve that, government employees (union members) should lose their "jobs". Big government is what got us into this situation. Imagine how much better off we'd be if "tens of thousands" of useless, redundant gov't employees and their bloated "departments" were eliminated...We could start with all of obama's unelected "czars".
....but since obama has everything under control, those workers will be able to find another job in no time...right? So it's a "win-win" situation.

So, which government employees should lose their jobs? Such an easy comment to make, but for anyone to take such a statement seriously some detail and a bit of what might be the consequences is needed.
I've posted this before with some detail, so I'll be brief.
Nearby large Federal buildings are a number of small businesses, many of which cater to federal employees and those who visit such offices; other larger business providing office supplies are dependent on these 'factories' where the "useless" work. What happens when their customers go away?
Simple solutions to complex problems create greater problems when not fully vetted. See the Iraq War for one very sad example.

I read a good idea that someone had..I forget where I saw it...
There should be a committee like the one that decided which military bases to close..The Base Realignment Committee I believe it was called.
Every agency should be reviewed for effectiveness and necessity.

Largest-ever federal payroll to hit 2.15 million - Washington Times
The era of big government has returned with a vengeance, in the form of the largest federal work force in modern history.

The Obama administration says the government will grow to 2.15 million employees this year, topping 2 million for the first time since President Clinton declared that “the era of big government is over” and joined forces with a Republican-led Congress in the 1990s to pare back the federal work force.

Most of the increases are on the civilian side, which will grow by 153,000 workers, to 1.43 million people, in fiscal 2010.

The expansion could provide more ammunition to those arguing that the government is trying to do too much under President Obama.

Do you believe the government needs over 2 MILLION UNIONIZED EMPLOYEES? Really?
Do you believe every agency/bureau/unelected czar is relevant, efficient and effective?

The government doesn't create jobs...except for civil service (union) employees.

Oh really?

Who builds the F-22? for starters....

Lockheed-Martin.
They aren't the government...and we'll never solve our economic or our bloated "big government" corruption problems by building fighter planes anyway.
Government contracts to arms manufacturers and weapons makers isn't sustainable...unless you like war...and war IS good for big business..except people don't really like getting killed in wars I've noticed.
We have a 14 trillion dollar debt..building weapons and starting wars hasn't worked out very well lately, has it?.

I was merely pointing out that you are wrong when you say the government doesn't create jobs.

Oh really?

Who builds the F-22? for starters....

Lockheed-Martin.
They aren't the government...and we'll never solve our economic or our bloated "big government" corruption problems by building fighter planes anyway.
Government contracts to arms manufacturers and weapons makers isn't sustainable...unless you like war...and war IS good for big business..except people don't really like getting killed in wars I've noticed.
We have a 14 trillion dollar debt..building weapons and starting wars hasn't worked out very well lately, has it?.

I was merely pointing out that you are wrong when you say the government doesn't create jobs.

..and I was pointing out that soldiers are govt. employees, too..but perhaps we could cut back in that area as well...
Creating weapons doesn't really solve unemployment for the citizens...sure government contractors prosper, but it's pretty disingenuous to say that starting/escalating wars decreases unemployment and helps the country.

Do you believe the government needs over 2 MILLION UNIONIZED EMPLOYEES? Really?
Do you believe every agency/bureau/unelected czar is relevant, efficient and effective?

Last edited:
The Republicans have ZERO plans for job creation. In fact, the GOP's priority, supposedly,

is going to be reducing the size of government, which is a job ELIMINATION plan. You can be for that or against that but you can't deny that the GOP's plans mean jobs don't get created,

they get disappeared.

Did you happen to see why the jobs numbers were weak? Government layoffs. Government cutbacks.

That is the GOP's plan, if they have the guts to go through with it. Put tens of thousands of Americans out of work.

I'm definitely in favor of smaller government..and to achieve that, government employees (union members) should lose their "jobs". Big government is what got us into this situation. Imagine how much better off we'd be if "tens of thousands" of useless, redundant gov't employees and their bloated "departments" were eliminated...We could start with all of obama's unelected "czars".
....but since obama has everything under control, those workers will be able to find another job in no time...right? So it's a "win-win" situation.

I'm not arguing for or against the merits of big or small government. I'm merely pointing out that when you hear the GOP talk about creating jobs jobs jobs in one breath, and shrinking the size of government and cutting spending in the next,

you need to remember that the two efforts work against each other.

they get disappeared.

I'm not arguing for or against the merits of big or small government. I'm merely pointing out that when you hear the GOP talk about creating jobs jobs jobs in one breath, and shrinking the size of government and cutting spending in the next,

ok..fair enough.

YOU need to remember that the gop is exactly the same as the dem. party...they are equally despicable, malevolent, duplicitous and corrupt. Don't make the partisan mistake of putting party ahead of country. That's exactly what they want.
NEITHER of them have the well being of this country as their priority.

If we don't start building some power plants and chop the legs of this childish Green movement... we won't need a jobs bill, just lot's of soup kitchens and homeless shelters.

Don't hold your breath.

I think he should. Hold his breath that is.
Nola is stupid, green energy is the future. He is no different than 17th century conservatives who opposed the dissection of the human body, or 18th century conservatives who opposed horseless carriages; he has no imagination and a complete inability to critically think. All characteristic of the New Right.

Nola isn't stupid...he's right.

If the technology was ripe, folks would be standing in line to buy solar panels and personal windmills...but it isn't, and forcing it down our throats before it's perfected isn't just stupid, it's suicidal.

Look at ethanol...Jimmy Carter brainchild...seemed like a great idea, we'll grow our fuel...except it didn't quite work out that way, did it.

I want green energy, but I want green energy that is practical, efficient and affordable. We're not there yet. Fund more research. When the breakthough comes, the free market will take over. If the free market isn't interested, it's because those benchmarks haven't been met...practical, effecient, affordable.

The government didn't force the horseless carraige on us...it was more practical, more efficient and thanks to Ford, more affordable than owning a horse, the free market took over and the rest is history.

If green energy is the future, when it's ready the government won't need to do a thing, except get out of the way.

If we don't start building some power plants and chop the legs of this childish Green movement... we won't need a jobs bill, just lot's of soup kitchens and homeless shelters.

Don't hold your breath.

Nola is stupid, green energy is the future. He is no different than 17th century conservatives who opposed the dissection of the human body, or 18th century conservatives who opposed horseless carriages; he has no imagination and a complete inability to critically think. All characteristic of the New Right.

It takes a huge imagination to support Green Energy, it does not work and its not like the 17th century, when there were no conservatives, it is not like when people oppossed dissection, you see, since then we have computers and 400 years of education.

My freind, it is you that have not the ability to critically think, I do not see you in Energy supporting Green Energy.

I have made it crystal clear, Green Energy is nothing more than marketing for a failied source of energy. Thus far, in these storms, Wind Turbines are completly useless. Power outages across the country. Had the money spent on Green Energy been invested in Nuclear Energy we would now have nice clean inexpensive power on demand.

Green Energy is a failure, pure and simple, its not like the 1610, as you state, when people were completly ignorant. One simple fact maybe you could use your "Critical Thinking" on is this, if its bigger than a conventional power plant, than that means it takes more energy to make, if it produces less energy than a conventional power plant yet uses more energy to build then Green Energy is depleting the earth of Oil and natural resources at a faster rate.

Green Energy is the future, Green Energy is nothing more than a rip off, Green Energy is simply corporations through government stealing tax payer money.

Go post in Energy instead of ignoring the truth, Green Energy has failed across the world, Vesta of Denmark went bankrupt years ago but the assholes could not live with that so they took the tax money from the USA and invested in Vesta of Denmark so they could sell us useless Wind Turbines.

I think all Liberals hate the USA, I think all Liberals hate people, if not all Liberals than a surprising amount hate. The only reason they support Green Energy is they know the poor cannot afford Green Energy, Liberals understand Green Energy can not supply power in emergencies, as we see today. Liberals hate industry which Green Energy can not supply.

Liberals hate, Green Energy is just a small part of making everyone suffer, high taxes, no energy, expensive electric bills, shortages, what Liberal would not love all of this.

ok..fair enough.

YOU need to remember that the gop is exactly the same as the dem. party...they are equally despicable, malevolent, duplicitous and corrupt. Don't make the partisan mistake of putting party ahead of country. That's exactly what they want.

Ok, so you've given up. that's your option.

ok..fair enough.

Ok, so you've given up. that's your option.

Not really..People are slowly beginning to wake up and patriots will continue to replace partisans.

The tree of liberty needs watering again...
It'll happen sooner or later.

Don't hold your breath.

Nola isn't stupid...he's right.

If the technology was ripe, folks would be standing in line to buy solar panels and personal windmills...but it isn't, and forcing it down our throats before it's perfected isn't just stupid, it's suicidal.

Look at ethanol...Jimmy Carter brainchild...seemed like a great idea, we'll grow our fuel...except it didn't quite work out that way, did it.

I want green energy, but I want green energy that is practical, efficient and affordable. We're not there yet. Fund more research. When the breakthough comes, the free market will take over. If the free market isn't interested, it's because those benchmarks haven't been met...practical, effecient, affordable.

The government didn't force the horseless carraige on us...it was more practical, more efficient and thanks to Ford, more affordable than owning a horse, the free market took over and the rest is history.

If green energy is the future, when it's ready the government won't need to do a thing, except get out of the way.

If the technololgy is not allowed to ripen, it will never be available and that's the point. There are forces which discredit any effort to replace oil as the primary source of energy. Green energy is the future, as are the new generation and more efficent/cleaner nuclear power plants.
Coal and oil are dirty pollutants which harm the environment. That's a fact; whether the main cause for climate change is another issue for another thread.
The government connected the eastern RR's with the west by supporting and paying private contractors to build the first transcontinental railway. It would never have been completed without a government assist and the vision of Congress over many years.
Under IKE the highways of today were build and used everyday to move commerce around our nation; the New Right is myopic in my opinion and seems oblivious to the great things government and private enterprise can do together when willing creative minds prevail over the greed and self serving nature of humanity.

My thread and the Original Post from Feb. 2011 remain salient and the question remains open, i.e. what is the agenda of the GOP leadership? Is their goal to reform America into a Plutocracy?

"In November, soon to be Speaker Boehner and the ambitious Cantor knew they would soon have the power to set the agenda for the House of Representatives and the nation. Nearly 60 days have passed and no job bill has been offered, or to my knowledge discussed and shared with the American people.

So far the social agenda has been the priority, while I understand paying back the social conservatives is important to the RNC, and providing lip service to the TP is necessary, why haven't Messrs. Boehner and Cantor discussed their ideas on job creation?

Why have Cantor and USSC Justice Scalia met privately with the Kock brothers (for those not willfully ignorant I suggest strongly a review of thier business and family political history)? Job creation is likely not a major agenda item in this private, closed door meeting, a meeting mindful of former VP Cheney's closed door energy committee meetings. Plutocracy anyone?

Forum List

Back