Jobs Bill

Hey, let's have a MANDATE that everybody to buy a house to spur the real estate, construction, furniture, and appliance industries!

The cost of emergency rooms alone is 40 to 50 billion. Currently, WE pay for that in the form of taxes and property taxes. In many rural areas, hospitals are simply closing which will cost even more in the long run.

The Health Care bill is designed to spread the cost which would end up costing less.

This is what you're fighting. Car insurance is mandatory, but you can't buy it AFTER you get hit.

The number one cause of bankruptcy are medical bills.

What do right wingers plan to put in it's place? Nothing? Just "fuck America" and that's "it"? Die quickly? Don't solve problems? That's the "agenda"? Good luck America. You're gonna need it.

The Democrat controlled Senate just voted down a huge jobs bill yesterday.

Is this the bill you're talking about?

American Sauce: What’s in this bill? – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Capitol Hill (CNN) - Democrats call it a "jobs bill." Republicans are using it to restage the health care debate. We here at American Sauce feel that, perhaps, we should talk about what's actually in the FAA authorization and modernization bill on the floor of the Senate this week.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112s223pcs/pdf/BILLS-112s223pcs.pdf
No. The Democrat controlled Senated voted down ObamaCare repeal. If it would have passed with a veto proof majority, that would have opened back up 1/6 of the US Economy to the private sector. Government is what's preventing a "V" shaped recovery.

The FAA Reauthorization Act was stuck to the ObamaCare repeal act by The House because Dingy Harry didn't want to schedule ObamaCare Repeal for a stand alone vote. That just forced his hand.

Now the Senators that voted for it and then against the repeal are now on record for when the Supreme Court rules ObamaCare Unconstitutional later this year.

They have started on the Jobs issue with the vote to repeal ObamaCare. And now, they are working on initiatives to reduce government spending. These are steps in the right direction to reduce the overwhelming burden of government upon the economy.

Interesting thesis, can you list the "burden of government upon the economy"?
I suppose paying taxes and regulating health and safety to our food, drugs, air, water, etc. is a burden to business and industry, but to the entire economy?
How would reducing government spending benefit the economy, exactly? I wonder how eliminating government jobs will help reduce unemployment - can you explain this 'reasoning'?
Do we reduce the numbers in our military?
Cut off Social Security and Medicare benefits?
Eliminate inspectors of food production?

Explain the cost of the Iraq fiasco? Remember, it is on-going and will continue to cost us as we pay for the medical care of seriously and permanently injured combat vets. Do we cut off their care once they have exhausted a certain cost for their care (private insurance does, why not the VA?).

As you demonstrate a very poor understanding of economics, a proper explanation will be difficult to achieve. Here's a picture which summarizes the problem:

4956763771_b3b7b9fe05.jpg

Post WWII, Federal Spending has trended around 20% of the economy (with receipts trending between 18-19%). Obamanomics has increased that spending to 25% of the economy in less than 2 years, and is headed towards 30%. Receipts are not, and will not grow no matter how high they raise tax rates due to the fact that high taxes suppress economic activity - something DC consistently refuses to acknowledge in its budget models.

This level of government spending retards growth of the private sector due to the very simple concept of Opportunity Costs. Government is not an efficient investor of capital and does not create jobs. It allocates jobs (at a fractional multiplier) from one sector to another. By diverting that capital, the government prevents other, more productive jobs from being creating - the Opportunity Cost which, like the effect of high taxes, is not properly considered when the government scores its bloated programs.

The only way to create jobs is for the government to GET OUT OF THE WAY of the private sector.

Last edited:
You look pretty hilarious yourself there Deany.

What about business large and small that acutally create jobs.??

I guess they must all be NASA and Govt driven??

I never knew. Thanks for the info. LOL

The Health Care bill is designed to spread the cost which would end up costing less.

2000 pages. Crafted by lawyers and politicians with no public input.

Neither Pelosi nor Reid understand all of it or even know what it does and doesn't do...but you..you got it all down to one sentence...:cuckoo:

Where you bitching when the Dems did this?

Boehner and company need to walk the walk or they will be booted asap.

No they won't. Boehner passed out bribes on the house floor. You can watch the video tape of him doing it on Youtube. They even interview him afterwards saying, "It probably wasn't a good idea".

Will that stop him? Hardly.

When I ask Republicans, "Do you agree with the apology to BP" or "Should Republicans hold millions of unemployed hostage as a bargaining chip to get tax breaks from millionaires and billionaires", they just say, "Shut up fuckwit". I guess they must agree with those things. What else can it be?

I disagree that if the Republicans don't walk the walk this time around, many will be given the heave ho (no, that's not some kind of hooker). People are sick of both sides of government fucking it all up for the rest of us.

They have started on the Jobs issue with the vote to repeal ObamaCare. And now, they are working on initiatives to reduce government spending. These are steps in the right direction to reduce the overwhelming burden of government upon the economy.

Interesting thesis, can you list the "burden of government upon the economy"?
I suppose paying taxes and regulating health and safety to our food, drugs, air, water, etc. is a burden to business and industry, but to the entire economy?
How would reducing government spending benefit the economy, exactly? I wonder how eliminating government jobs will help reduce unemployment - can you explain this 'reasoning'?
Do we reduce the numbers in our military?
Cut off Social Security and Medicare benefits?
Eliminate inspectors of food production?

Explain the cost of the Iraq fiasco? Remember, it is on-going and will continue to cost us as we pay for the medical care of seriously and permanently injured combat vets. Do we cut off their care once they have exhausted a certain cost for their care (private insurance does, why not the VA?).

As you demonstrate a very poor understanding of economics, a proper explanation will be difficult to achieve. Here's a picture which summarizes the problem:

4956763771_b3b7b9fe05.jpg

Post WWII, Federal Spending has trended around 20% of the economy (with receipts trending between 18-19%). Obamanomics has increased that spending to 25% of the economy in less than 2 years, and is headed towards 30%. Receipts are not, and will not grow no matter how high they raise tax rates due to the fact that high taxes suppress economic activity - something DC consistently refuses to acknowledge in its budget models.

This level of government spending retards growth of the private sector due to the very simple concept of Opportunity Costs. Government is not an efficient investor of capital and does not create jobs. It allocates jobs (at a fractional multiplier) from one sector to another. By diverting that capital, the government prevents other, more productive jobs from being creating - the Opportunity Cost which, like the effect of high taxes, is not properly considered when the government scores its bloated programs.

The only way to create jobs is for the government to GET OUT OF THE WAY of the private sector.

I love simple explanations of extremely complex issues. And using statistics and graphs explains nothing without contex.
What you are saying is taxes and regulations kill business. My answer is that 'burden' can and is mitigted by special interest legislation provided to business and industry by both Democrats and Republicans. Business and industry rely on government for much of its business.
Look at the Miliatry Industrial complex; who is their customer?
Look at Big Farma, without regulations and subsidies food prices would drop from overproduction, soon crops would be left to rot in the fields. Then what, famine and higher prices.
Who built the highways and railroads which move our goods and services? Contractors paid for by taxes by the government.
Small business; restaurants, dry cleaners, hardware stores, ice cream stores, etc. etc. rely on employed Americans to have income sufficient to frequent their business.
In one respect the solution to this complex problem is simple: Jobs. How jobs are created is the object of controversy and should be debated.
Sadly, the New Right has been convinced that there is only one way for jobs to be created in America; there is no proof or evidence that government getting out of the way produces anything but low-paying jobs with few benefits (research the pay and benefits of a Wal-Mart employee).
Plutocracy anyone? Sure, vote for the GOP (Grow our Plutocracy) party.

In November, soon to be Speaker Boehner and the ambitious Cantor knew they would soon have the power to set the agenda for the House of Representatives and the nation. Nearly 60 days have passed and no job bill has been offered, or to my knowledge discussed and shared with the American people.

Aren't you a retired teacher if I recall? So what would you know about creating jobs? You've never produced anything substantive in your life.

And there is no such thing as a "jobs bill" because the government doesn't create jobs that contribute to the economy.

You recall wrong. Though I did teach in the Academy, I retired as a Manager for a law enforcement agency. I worked for two government LE agencies over 32 years and also consulted and provided technical assistance to the Feds and Ca. DOJ.
Yea, I did create jobs. I wrote grants part-time and my agency received several which provided both clerical and sworn staff working to reduce juvenile crime, domestic violence and drug abuse.
Of course that's not important to many on the Right, a real job to them is one where a low wage earning stocks shelves of Chinese made goods a Wal-Mart, or asks if someone wants fries with their happy meal.

In November, soon to be Speaker Boehner and the ambitious Cantor knew they would soon have the power to set the agenda for the House of Representatives and the nation. Nearly 60 days have passed and no job bill has been offered, or to my knowledge discussed and shared with the American people.

So far the social agenda has been the priority, while I understand paying back the social conservatives is important to the RNC, and providing lip service to the TP is necessary, why haven't Messrs. Boehner and Cantor discussed their ideas on job creation?

Why have Cantor and USSC Justice Scalia met privately with the Kock brothers (for those not willfully ignorant I suggest strongly a review of thier business and family political history)? Job creation is likely not a major agenda item in this private, closed door meeting, a meeting mindful of former VP Cheney's closed door energy committee meetings. Plutocracy anyone?

First, they've been in power less than a month. That's hardly 60 days. When exactly did you expect them to propose a bill, before they had power?

Second, Only a complete moron thinks you create jobs by passing legislation.

I suggest you actually learn how to create jobs. Perhaps you could create one of your own so you stop whining about how it's unfair that everyone else is better than you.

Where you bitching when the Dems did this?

Boehner and company need to walk the walk or they will be booted asap.

No they won't. Boehner passed out bribes on the house floor. You can watch the video tape of him doing it on Youtube. They even interview him afterwards saying, "It probably wasn't a good idea".

Will that stop him? Hardly.

When I ask Republicans, "Do you agree with the apology to BP" or "Should Republicans hold millions of unemployed hostage as a bargaining chip to get tax breaks from millionaires and billionaires", they just say, "Shut up fuckwit". I guess they must agree with those things. What else can it be?

I disagree that if the Republicans don't walk the walk this time around, many will be given the heave ho (no, that's not some kind of hooker). People are sick of both sides of government fucking it all up for the rest of us.

Well, that's constructive. Both the R's and D's fucked everything up, so...so?

Jobs bill? Ok, here's your jobs bill:

Repeal Obamacare, lift the stupid moratorium on drilling, get rid of the EPA, Dept. of Energy, etc., lower corporate income taxes and stop attacking private indutry at every turn.

There's your jobs bill.

So far the social agenda has been the priority, while I understand paying back the social conservatives is important to the RNC, and providing lip service to the TP is necessary, why haven't Messrs. Boehner and Cantor discussed their ideas on job creation?

Why have Cantor and USSC Justice Scalia met privately with the Kock brothers (for those not willfully ignorant I suggest strongly a review of thier business and family political history)? Job creation is likely not a major agenda item in this private, closed door meeting, a meeting mindful of former VP Cheney's closed door energy committee meetings. Plutocracy anyone?

First, they've been in power less than a month. That's hardly 60 days. When exactly did you expect them to propose a bill, before they had power?

I suggest you actually learn how to create jobs. Perhaps you could create one of your own so you stop whining about how it's unfair that everyone else is better than you.

Read my post above, though I suspect the jobs created with grants (both government btw and private foundations won't impress you).
As for learning how to create jobs, why not post how this is done? Since you seem so impressed with yourself, you must believe you have an answer.
As politely as possible I need to comment on your ad hominem attack; I'm not whinning and if you believe I am you're even dumber than your many posts suggest.

Repeal Obamacare, lift the stupid moratorium on drilling, get rid of the EPA, Dept. of Energy, etc., lower corporate income taxes and stop attacking private indutry at every turn.

There's your jobs bill.

So, having thousands of government employees part of the newly unemployed will produce jobs. Your reasoning abilities are amazing NOLA. Simply amazing.
I'm curious though, those newly unemployed government employees, will no longer pay there mortgage or rent, spent money at restaurants, malls, theaters or buy cars, appliances or computers - tell me how that helps the economy.

I can't seem to find a link to the GOP jobs bill they promised. It must be hidden deep inside all of the GOP supporters' backtrcking in the thread, SOMEWHERE, right?

There's your jobs bill.

So, having thousands of government employees part of the newly unemployed will produce jobs. Your reasoning abilities are amazing NOLA. Simply amazing.
I'm curious though, those newly unemployed government employees, will no longer pay there mortgage or rent, spent money at restaurants, malls, theaters or buy cars, appliances or computers - tell me how that helps the economy.

Bottom line my friend, government produces NOTHING. Everything must be paid for by tax dollars. The more employees, the more tax dollars. Frankly, I see nothing useful coming from many Federal Agencies. Just bloated bureaucracies full of overpaid employees producing little if anything.

There's your jobs bill.

That's what we need to do. Get rid of the EPA. Brilliant. Change America to look like this:

GD4058921@Beijing,-CHINA-A-Chin-7482.jpg

china-pollution.jpg

YangtzeRiverPollution1.jpg

You look pretty hilarious yourself there Deany.

What about business large and small that acutally create jobs.??

I guess they must all be NASA and Govt driven??

I never knew. Thanks for the info. LOL

You never knew? Obviously.

NASA Spinoffs - Inventions Benefiting Our Daily Lives - Apollo Spinoff Inventions

1,400 documented NASA inventions have benefited U.S. industry, improved the quality of life and created jobs for not just Americans, but around the world as well. From the early days of space exploration, primarily the apollo program helped change the way of life in America, especially in health care.

There's your jobs bill.

That's what we need to do. Get rid of the EPA. Brilliant. Change America to look like this:

GD4058921@Beijing,-CHINA-A-Chin-7482.jpg

china-pollution.jpg

YangtzeRiverPollution1.jpg

Yeah, that's it.

:eusa_drool:

There's your jobs bill.

Bottom line my friend, government produces NOTHING. Everything must be paid for by tax dollars. The more employees, the more tax dollars. Frankly, I see nothing useful coming from many Federal Agencies. Just bloated bureaucracies full of overpaid employees producing little if anything.

Shows how little you know. You sit in front of a computer. Do some research.

Yea, makes sense. Why start working on something before you get the job? Never thought of that.

Besides, they had more important things to work on. HR 3 for instance. Change the definition of rape to "forcible". Then change the law so women could only get an abortion is she was "forcibly" raped. Oops, they left out the details. How loud she should scream. If she left enough "scratches". These things are more important than mere jobs. Besides, before the election, weren't Republican candidates calling the unemployed "hobos and druggies"?

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h112-3

Forum List

Back