JFK why he inspired me

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
This man made me rock. Now all you young libs can flap your gums at me all you want, but what you don't understand is the why and the how this man made me believe I could make a difference.

I have been on left I have been on right I have been in between but what this man did and I really do mean it, he made me understand that I could make a difference.

If there is one thing about my JFK is he made me believe I could make a difference.

It's going to be a very very hard anniversary for me.

The Kennedy Legacy
Upon hearing of JFK's assassination, the nation and world went into a period of shocked mourning. While Lyndon Johnson took the oath of office, a twenty-four-year-old ex-Marine named Lee Harvey Oswald, who had at one time sought citizenship in the Soviet Union, was arrested for the murder. Two days later, Oswald was shot by a Dallas nightclub owner named Jack Ruby. President Johnson then appointed a seven-member commission, headed by the Supreme Court's Chief Justice, Earl Warren, to investigate the assassination. The "Warren Commission" Report, not published until September of 1964, concluded that Oswald was almost certainly the only gunman, and "found no evidence" that the killer "was part of any conspiracy, domestic or foreign, to assassinate President Kennedy." Nevertheless, the JFK's assassination has become a fertile breeding ground for conspiracy theories, implicating everyone from the Soviet government to angry segregationists, from Fidel Castro to organized crime figures. Speculation continues unabated to the present day.

On November 24, 1963, JFK's body lay in state in the rotunda of the U.S. Capitol. The funeral was held the following day, and a million mourners lined the streets of Washington as the body was borne first to St. Matthew's Cathedral for a Requiem Mass, and then taken to Arlington National Cemetery. There, Jackie Kennedy lit an eternal flame to mark his grave.

Lyndon Johnson assumed the presidency, and would win reelection in 1964. He pushed through landmark civil rights legislation, and carried out a massive expansion of social services that came to be called the "War on Poverty." But the "War on Poverty" had mixed results, and the escalation of the war in Vietnam proved disastrous for Johnson's presidency and late 1960s America. Meanwhile, tragedy continued to plague the Kennedy clan. Robert F. Kennedy was elected to the Senate from New York, and JFK's youngest brother Edward Kennedy, known as "Teddy," was elected Senator from Massachusetts. But the immensely popular Robert Kennedy saw his life cut short by an assassin's bullet while he was running for the presidency in 1968, and Teddy Kennedy's presidential aspirations were doomed by his shadowy involvement in the accidental drowning of aide Mary Jo Kopechne in 1969. More recently, JFK's son, the handsome and much-beloved John F. Kennedy, Jr., crashed his plane into the sea off Rhode Island with his wife and her sister on board. A dark star, many people have noted, seems to hang over Joseph Kennedy, Sr.'s descendants.

The argument over JFK's legacy, as a man and as a president, continues unabated. After JFK's death, Jackie and JFK's aides helped mythologize his presidency as a golden age, a second "Camelot." For many Americans, especially those who came of age with his administration, an air of nostalgia and lost idealism still hangs about JFK. More recently, though, revisionist historians have emphasized his flaws–his foreign policy blunders (Vietnam and the Bay of Pigs), the extent to which his career was buoyed by his father's money and connections, his endless affairs and willingness to hide the state of his health from the American people, and the way he and Robert Kennedy skirted the law while in office by using wiretaps and intimidation against their political enemies.

A balanced assessment of JFK's time in office must recognize his errors, while crediting his undeniable accomplishments. He fouled up the Bay of Pigs, but staved off nuclear war with the Soviet Union over Cuba, and parlayed this détente into important agreements such as the nuclear test-ban treaty. He may not have done all he could for civil rights, but his symbolic support for blacks was important in the fight against segregation. One can argue that had he not been assassinated, JFK might have made the same blunders in Vietnam that ultimately dragged Lyndon Johnson down. One can counter, however, that JFK had an ability to rise to the occasion during key moments, first as a war hero and then as president. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, through his rhetoric to unite the country and through programs like the Peace Corps, JFK inspired a generation of Americans in a way that few presidents have managed to do–for this alone, he deserves admiration and respect.
SparkNotes: John F. Kennedy: The Kennedy Legacy

In a way, it's like when a child dies: he doesn't have the chance to grow up, to live out his life, to show the world what he is. We will never know how things would have been had Kennedy been president for a full term, and even two terms. We can only go by the potential we saw.

This man made me rock. Now all you young libs can flap your gums at me all you want, but what you don't understand is the why and the how this man made me believe I could make a difference.

I have been on left I have been on right I have been in between but what this man did and I really do mean it, he made me understand that I could make a difference.

If there is one thing about my JFK is he made me believe I could make a difference.

JFK was the first person I voted for as a young black man. I cried when he died. Unfortunately, over the years I began to find out the facts of the man and I became extremely disillusioned.

Today I remember JFK as a man who nearly started a thermo-nuclear war with Russia, a man who abandoned anti-Castro rebels at the Bay of Pigs, a man who was so wracked with pain that he was constantly high, a man who was a world class womanizer and a man who was far too familiar with underworld figures.

I hate to speak ill of the dead, like I said, I voted for the man and adored him for a time, but after 50 years I have never voted for a democrat again.

JFK did not believe in demonizing business to achieve his economic goals. His tax cuts to big business and individuals helped the Middle Class grow. His philosophy, "a rising tide raises all ships" should be a basis that all Presidents should look to when formulating their own economic policy. His brother did not get this nor did big spenders like Johnson, Nixon, and Carter. It was Reagan who picked up Kennedy's rising tide policy.

Kennedy's economic policies would be shot down immediately today by the liberals adorning his legacy. If they truly wanted to pay for and expand their social agenda, at least a JFK plan would pay for it and not erode the middle class.

JFK did not believe in demonizing business to achieve his economic goals. His tax cuts to big business and individuals helped the Middle Class grow. His philosophy, "a rising tide raises all ships" should be a basis that all Presidents should look to when formulating their own economic policy. His brother did not get this nor did big spenders like Johnson, Nixon, and Carter. It was Reagan who picked up Kennedy's rising tide policy.

Kennedy's economic policies would be shot down immediately today by the liberals adorning his legacy. If they truly wanted to pay for and expand their social agenda, at least a JFK plan would pay for it and not erode the middle class.

Boy have you been taken in by the lies of the corporate controlled media. on Reagan.Reagan betrayed the middle and lower class familys and gave huge tax cuts to the rich.:cuckoo: everything else on JFK you got correct though.

Last edited:

Boy have you been taken in by the lies of the corporate controlled media. on Reagan.Reagan betrayed the middle and lower class familys and gave huge tax cuts to the rich.:cuckoo: everything else on JFK you got correct though.

If anyone has been taken in by the lies of the corporate controlled media - it would be you. The "rising tide raises all ships" was indeed adopted by Reagan and taken from Kennedy. Get your facts straight.

Your hatred and envy for this who are "successful" is showing…I have worked all my life and I tell you now - I have NEVER been hired by a poor man.

I was 8 when JFK got the call. Still, I was aware of the incredibly serious and somber atmosphere throughout the nation. My parents, although quite conservative, were devastated. Hell, who wasn't? Not ironically, it was MLK who inspired me- as a child. Through my father of all people. Another American whom he admired.

Kennedy, as are all Great Men and Great Women, a man with Great Flaws as well.

I will leave the nay sayers to that, for petty minds on such do feast

He inspired me to serve my country in the military. He, as so many of the rich and famous in business and wealth and entertainment (Rockefeller, Bob Feller and Ted Williams and Hank Greenberg, Jimmy Stewart, etc), served not shirked his duty and suffered physically and mentally for it.

He learned: he caved on Bay of Pigs and stood strong in the Missile Crisis.

He evolved: he came late to Civil Rights in the last few months of his life.

He served: he died for his country.

With the clods of earth thrown on his coffin, his faults belong to God and his goodness and greatness belong to Memory.

Last edited:
:lol:

If anyone has been taken in by the lies of the corporate controlled media - it would be you. The "rising tide raises all ships" was indeed adopted by Reagan and taken from Kennedy. Get your facts straight.

Your hatred and envy for this who are "successful" is showing…I have worked all my life and I tell you now - I have NEVER been hired by a poor man.

you seriously have been brainwashed by the CIA corporate controlled media.:lol: Carter was MUCH more like JFK than that evil bastard Reagan.

Reagan caused us to have the worst deficit ever tripling the deficit worse than all previous presidents COMBINED!!! the one who is not getting the facts straight is you.

Yes I hate evil corrupt men and reagan was one of them.every single president since Hoover with the exception of JFK and MAYBE carter,has committed atrocities against mankind that rival Stalin,Hitler,Pol Pots,Ghenghis Khan,ect ect and Reagn was no exception.:lol:

the proof is in the pudding that Reagan betrayed the middle and lower class familys here below.The reagannuts never watch these videos or read these links since it expose him as the evil bastard he was.The first video is from actual mainstream media sources back then from the 80's reporting how reagan betrayed the middle class.

Its not ME saying it,its mainstream media sources from the 80's reporting it.do try and keep up with the times.:D

Nothing like hearing it from the horse's mouth.

FOR THE LEFT: Reagan's Betrayal of the Middle Class Comes to Full Fruition

How Republicans created the myth of Ronald Reagan - Salon.com

Stanching the American jobs hemorrhage

BeggarsCanBeChoosers.com: How Ronald Reagan Unwittingly Laid the Groundwork for the Death of Capitalism

Robert L. Borosage: The Reagan Ruins

Ronald Reagan's War on Labor (Labor) by Dick Meister

Hey I WAS brainwashed by the CIA controlled media at one time as well believing oswald killed kennedy and all kinds of b.s our corrupt schools taught us in american history.I fell for the myth about reagan as well but then did the research into the true facts as revealed from news sources back then and they prove he betrayed the middle and lower class familys.

oh and all that is just for STARTERS.I only touched briefly here how he betrayed the american people.those links and video were just on how he betrayed the lower and middle class familys.I havent even scratched the surface yet on the atorcities he committed against manking in office like every single president since Hoover has.JFK being the exception.I got plenty more coming for ya on that.lol.

Face it charlie,you have way too much faith in the CIA controlled media listening to mouthpieces that work for them such as Rush Limbaugh,Bill O'reily,Chris matthews,and Glen Beck.

Last edited by a moderator:
The JFK you think you know is a creation of the media. Camelot didn't exist. The entire administration was founded on symbolism over substance. The Russians started the Berlin Wall during JFK's administration and he went to Berlin, gave a speech that earned rave reviews in the fawning drooling media and went home leaving Berliners to be shot in the back when they tried to leave East Berlin. God help us if a president ever appoints his own brother as Attorney General but Bobby did the job he was appointed to do which was cover JFK's back. The criminal use of the CIA to recruit, feed and house and train an invasion army should have had the Kennedy brothers impeached but the media was on his side and he could do no wrong even when he left his little invasion army to die at the Bay of Pigs, Cuba.

Sounds like you would have made a most willing addition to the long list of women with whom he committed adultery. How inspiring!

Sounds like you would have made a most willing addition to the long list of women with whom he committed adultery. How inspiring!

You, like Koshergrl and some here among the others, are truly soul-damaged.

Last edited:
His death certainly inspired me to hate my own government. But yes, womanizing and some other things aside there was little not to like from where I sit. PT 109 and all that stuff. How many presidents since that dumb shit Bush 1 had that kind of man resume?

When I think of JFK I think of a man who was not afraid to stand up for what he believed in. He saw America as the America of our founding fathers, and the principles of the Constitution. He knew he would more than likely die defying the worlds elite, but he still stood up and spoke for the America that was long ago intended. He is the red, white, and blue martyr.

You almost gotta laugh at the low information they have been pumping out in union run schools for the last fifty years. I bet the essay "JFK why he inspired me" has been assigned about ten million times and the kiddies only get a passing grade if they say something nice. It doesn't matter if they invent it. It's all the same.

How many presidents since that dumb shit Bush 1 had that kind of man resume?

"Dumb"? What do you think; he is four, maybe five times more intelligent than you? More accomplished than you? More of a man than you? Oh, but he's "dumb." Yeah, ok. :rolleyes:

I wish someone would inspire much less surprise or impress me. Stop giving someone else a hard time people.

Although I do find it amusing that JFK was famous for "ask not what your country can do for you, but what YOU can do for YOUR country".

Barry is more along the lines:

"Forget everything you know - we'll take care of you".

And people say that America's best days are ahead of it……...:cuckoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
You almost gotta laugh at the low information they have been pumping out in union run schools for the last fifty years. I bet the essay "JFK why he inspired me" has been assigned about ten million times and the kiddies only get a passing grade if they say something nice. It doesn't matter if they invent it. It's all the same.

The material I posted earlier in the thread is from an educational site, and it is unbaised, showing the good and the bad about Kennedy. It is the type of thing that is taught to kids in school. Actually, most schools don't assign the type of essay your suggest. Why a specific person inspires one. What they might assign is for the student to choose a specific person who has inspired her/him and write about that person. But the teachers generally, nowadays, do not choose the person to be written about. That was done in the old, olden days. Not done any more, not in general. So, no, no 'ten million' essays demanded about how Kennedy inspired them.

Forum List

Back