JFK why he inspired me

This man made me rock. Now all you young libs can flap your gums at me all you want, but what you don't understand is the why and the how this man made me believe I could make a difference.

I have been on left I have been on right I have been in between but what this man did and I really do mean it, he made me understand that I could make a difference.

If there is one thing about my JFK is he made me believe I could make a difference.

It's going to be a very very hard anniversary for me.

you're not old enough

you are lying again.

I would have said misremembering, but 'lying' seems to cover everything for wingnuts

I love being my age. I have no problems with it and rather revel in the life that I have had Dante.

When I was younger than 10 I knew the name of Stalin.

And that he was starving my relatives in the Ukraine. I knew politics far earlier than most on this board. Although you see it wasn't politics.

It was life. By the time Kennedy emerged on the scene I was aware. Most certainly there was a vibe that it wasn't an old mans game any more.

Looking back, I think it was his youth. And Jackie. Never forget Jackie. And all of a sudden people cared about politics.

It was a buzz. A good buzz.

When Kennedy died that buzz didn't die. I come from a really politically oriented family who never shut me in another room during discussions. I was in there in the kitchen listening.

Kennedy was the first to awaken in a lot of our souls whether we have veered left or right to aspire to being something higher and greater.

And that we could make a difference. Herein lies the key. Not that we would always win. But that we could make a difference.

My Uncle Bill went on to work with CUSO in Nigeria for example.To this day I fight for womens rights in the Middle East as just part of my day to day.

I'm doing a drive for my yearly teddys for a womens shelter because surely babies need teddys when they aren't at home for Christmas.

Now maybe I would have grown up to do this anyway. I don't know.

But I heard the words and yes I heard them "Ask not what your country can do for you" and those words have resonated in my soul ever since.

It was a Kennedy that put MLK in jail in the first place. That one of those historical facts that people ignore. The the great JFK also voted against civil rights as a senator another of those little facts others ignore.....JFK is the most over rated presidents ever.

Kennedy wasn't as liberal as some think, he was a true leader
He was going to bring America back to the gold standard
He was going to keep us out of Viet nam
He was and this is a biggie PRO second amendment.

There was no Proof he wanted to pull out of Vietnam that is just something the media made up to make him look good. He left men to die in Cuba and tried to wash his hands of the affair sounds a lot like Benghazi to me. He was a racist that thought blacks didnt deserve civil rights.
that is absurd the media didn't have to do anything to make JFK look good, he did it on his own.
If the media was wanting to make JFK look good they in-turn have made LJB and the democrats look bad.
Bay of pigs was all the CIA's doing.
Racist? maybe so many were back then it was just the time.

Most mobsters believed in the country

Most mobsters would have given obama support and some still do.

How the fuck do you think his family made its fortune?

We didn't know it then Thanatos.

My OP is not to dissect the Kennedy clan. Hell's bells that's for a whole other thread that will end up in the Flame Zone or the Badlands :lol: and you'll have to wear asbestos gloves to post back to me when I go after Teddy.

Not being a Pollyana here.

I'm just talking about the time period. The awakening that happened with so many of us at the time.

And we "became".

Kennedy wasn't as liberal as some think, he was a true leader
He was going to bring America back to the gold standard
He was going to keep us out of Viet nam
He was and this is a biggie PRO second amendment.

There was no Proof he wanted to pull out of Vietnam that is just something the media made up to make him look good. He left men to die in Cuba and tried to wash his hands of the affair sounds a lot like Benghazi to me. He was a racist that thought blacks didnt deserve civil rights.
that is absurd the media didn't have to do anything to make JFK look good, he did it on his own.
If the media was wanting to make JFK look good they in-turn have made LJB and the democrats look bad.

Keep drinking that koolaid but make sure you dont ever look at his voting record.

Keep drinking that koolaid but make sure you dont ever look at his voting record.

ok I'll take cherry.:eusa_whistle:

This man made me rock. Now all you young libs can flap your gums at me all you want, but what you don't understand is the why and the how this man made me believe I could make a difference.

I have been on left I have been on right I have been in between but what this man did and I really do mean it, he made me understand that I could make a difference.

If there is one thing about my JFK is he made me believe I could make a difference.

JFK was the first person I voted for as a young black man. I cried when he died. Unfortunately, over the years I began to find out the facts of the man and I became extremely disillusioned.

Today I remember JFK as a man who nearly started a thermo-nuclear war with Russia, a man who abandoned anti-Castro rebels at the Bay of Pigs, a man who was so wracked with pain that he was constantly high, a man who was a world class womanizer and a man who was far too familiar with underworld figures.

I hate to speak ill of the dead, like I said, I voted for the man and adored him for a time, but after 50 years I have never voted for a democrat again.

Imperfect, flawed but, basically a good man. Putting anyone on a pedestal to be "adored" is bound to disappoint.

(I can't imagine that he would ever have driven us so deeply in debt as Reagan and the Bushes have. Yes, President Obama has brought down the debt but Reagan made us a debtor nation and I have no idea if we can ever change that.)

:cuckoo:

JFK was the first person I voted for as a young black man. I cried when he died. Unfortunately, over the years I began to find out the facts of the man and I became extremely disillusioned.

Today I remember JFK as a man who nearly started a thermo-nuclear war with Russia, a man who abandoned anti-Castro rebels at the Bay of Pigs, a man who was so wracked with pain that he was constantly high, a man who was a world class womanizer and a man who was far too familiar with underworld figures.

I hate to speak ill of the dead, like I said, I voted for the man and adored him for a time, but after 50 years I have never voted for a democrat again.

Imperfect, flawed but, basically a good man. Putting anyone on a pedestal to be "adored" is bound to disappoint.

(I can't imagine that he would ever have driven us so deeply in debt as Reagan and the Bushes have. Yes, President Obama has brought down the debt but Reagan made us a debtor nation and I have no idea if we can ever change that.)

I saw Kennedy in person at the Air Force Academy. I was only one row of bleachers too high to reach his hand as he passed.
:eusa_whistle:
Kennedy compared to obama?
Kennedy walked on water
obama floats.

Sounds like you would have made a most willing addition to the long list of women with whom he committed adultery. How inspiring!

Whoa geeze. You have to be kidding me.

I make a thread about a person who actually utilized the power of their position to inspire a generation and I'm ready to fuck him?

You saying you wouldn't have? Not sure I believe you. And the most significant thing about JFK's presidency is the tragic way it ended.

While that link does mention that the plan they presented to kenendy was different than the one presetned to Eisenhower,it was VASTLY different,what it fails to mention is that he approached the CIA during the time it was going on and said to them-Look i know you lied to me about air support,dont lie to me anymore,do you need air support? they then said no they did not again lying to them after he asked them to stop lying to him.

The CIA lied to him from the very beginning saying air aupport was not going to be needed.That link fails to mention that because the CIA and the military lied to him,that after the bay of pigs disaster,during the cuban missile crisis,he wisely stopped listening to the military brass during the cuban missile crisis.they all urged him to go in and bomb them-its all on the tapes.and he wisely ignored them and did not listen to them.He leaned heavily on Bobby and listened to his aides what they advised him to do.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/histo...jfk-got-elected-in-1960-instead-of-nixon.html

Thank god we had the bay of pigs invasion so he was able to learn not to listen to them.

Had Dick Nixon been elected president,he WOULD have listened to the military brass and gotten us into a nuclear war.as vp under Eisenhower,he was always trying to get Ike to nuke them in Laos he was so immature back then.Ike wisely didnt listen to Nixon thank god.

Nixon was so utterly corrupt and insecure. I have read that he wanted to be a wartime president so he would be remembered.

Your comment reminds me of an exchange told by Presidential adviser, Dick Morris, of his conversation with then President, Bill Clinton.

In early August 1996, a few weeks after the Khobar Towers bombing, Clinton had a long conversation with Dick Morris about his place in history. Morris divided presidents into four categories: first tier, second tier, third tier, and the rest. Twenty-two presidents who presided over uneventful administrations fell into the last category. Just five — Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Wilson, and Franklin Roosevelt — made Morris’s first tier.

Clinton asked Morris where he stood. “I said that at the moment he was at the top of the unrated category,” Morris recalls. Morris says he told the president that one surprising thing about the ratings was that a president’s standing had little to do with the performance of the economy during his time in office. “Yeah,” Clinton responded, “It has so much to do with whether you get re-elected or not, but history kind of forgets it.”

Clinton then asked, “What do I need to do to be first tier?” “I said, ‘You can’t,’“ Morris remembers. “‘You have to win a war.’“ Clinton then asked what he needed to do to make the second or third tier, and Morris outlined three goals. The first was successful welfare reform. The second was balancing the budget. And the third was an effective battle against terrorism. “I said the only one of the major goals he had not achieved was a war on terrorism,” Morris says. (This is not a recent recollection; Morris also described the conversation in his 1997 book, Behind the Oval Office.)

But Clinton never began, much less finished, a war on terrorism. Even though Morris’s polling showed the poll-sensitive president that the American people supported tough action, Clinton demurred. Why?

“He had almost an allergy to using people in uniform,” Morris explains. “He was terrified of incurring casualties; the lessons of Vietnam were ingrained far too deeply in him. He lacked a faith that it would work, and I think he was constantly fearful of reprisals.” But there was more to it than that. “On another level, I just don’t think it was his thing,” Morris says. “You could talk to him about income redistribution and he would talk to you for hours and hours. Talk to him about terrorism, and all you’d get was a series of grunts.”

And that is the key to understanding Bill Clinton’s handling of the terrorist threat that grew throughout his two terms in the White House: It just wasn’t his thing. Clinton was right when he said history might care little about the prosperity of his era. Now, as he tries to defend his record on terrorism, he appears to sense that he will be judged harshly on an issue that is far more important than the Nasdaq or 401(k) balances. He’s right about that, too.

The Facts About Clinton and Terrorism | National Review Online

Sounds like you would have made a most willing addition to the long list of women with whom he committed adultery. How inspiring!

I make a thread about a person who actually utilized the power of their position to inspire a generation and I'm ready to fuck him?

You saying you wouldn't have? Not sure I believe you. And the most significant thing about JFK's presidency is the tragic way it ended.

Says the poster who unashamedly tare'd his Unko.

No offense to JFK, none at all but my style was the Yard Birds and the Stones moved onto Alice Cooper. JFK was a really old guy to me.

BUT he inspired me.

And that's what this thread is about. Inspiration.

What you miss is what I've been saying all along in this thread and I am now a serious conservative. It's about looking at the world.

JFK awoke something in me. Something that was bigger than the block that I lived on. Something that was bigger than the city I lived in. Something that was bigger than my country.

Take away the politics and listen to what I am saying.

I wish for true that his presidency would have continued. I think we would be in a very different place these days.

Who knows? I rebelled big time with Johnson. I've fought tooth and nail since then. I wish he'd never been murdered some days and I could have ended up being a nice little wife in a cul de sac.

Alas. I became what I became and we are here now.

Says the poster who unashamedly tare'd his Unko.

You don't even know what you're trying to say, idiot.

No offense to JFK, none at all but my style was the Yard Birds and the Stones moved onto Alice Cooper. JFK was a really old guy to me.

BUT he inspired me.

What you miss is what I've been saying all along in this thread and I am now a serious conservative. It's about looking at the world.

JFK awoke something in me. Something that was bigger than the block that I lived on. Something that was bigger than the city I lived in. Something that was bigger than my country.

Oh yeah, you would have given it up if the spoiled addict had so much as looked your way. Moot point now, I suppose.

BUT he inspired me.

Oh yeah, you would have given it up if the spoiled addict had so much as looked your way. Moot point now, I suppose.

Why such hostility towards Women?

BUT he inspired me.

Why such hostility towards Women?

What hostility, idiot?

Forum List

Back