JFK why he inspired me

Kennedy, as are all Great Men and Great Women, a man with Great Flaws as well.

I will leave the nay sayers to that, for petty minds on such do feast

He inspired me to serve my country in the military. He, as so many of the rich and famous in business and wealth and entertainment (Rockefeller, Bob Feller and Ted Williams and Hank Greenberg, Jimmy Stewart, etc), served not shirked his duty and suffered physically and mentally for it.

He learned: he caved on Bay of Pigs and stood strong in the Missile Crisis.

He evolved: he came late to Civil Rights in the last few months of his life.

He served: he died for his country.

With the clods of earth thrown on his coffin, his faults belong to God and his goodness and greatness belong to Memory.

"He learned: he caved on Bay of Pigs..."

John Kennedy is often—and justly—praised for his handling of the missile crisis, for pulling the world back from the brink of destruction. Mentioned less often is that the crisis would not have arisen if he not made such a half-hearted effort to overthrow Fidel Castro.

#4: Kennedy?s Failure at the Bay of Pigs (Top 10 Mistakes by U.S. Presidents) | Britannica Blog

The JFK you think you know is a creation of the media. Camelot didn't exist. The entire administration was founded on symbolism over substance. The Russians started the Berlin Wall during JFK's administration and he went to Berlin, gave a speech that earned rave reviews in the fawning drooling media and went home leaving Berliners to be shot in the back when they tried to leave East Berlin. God help us if a president ever appoints his own brother as Attorney General but Bobby did the job he was appointed to do which was cover JFK's back. The criminal use of the CIA to recruit, feed and house and train an invasion army should have had the Kennedy brothers impeached but the media was on his side and he could do no wrong even when he left his little invasion army to die at the Bay of Pigs, Cuba.

And what should he have done?

You almost gotta laugh at the low information they have been pumping out in union run schools for the last fifty years. I bet the essay "JFK why he inspired me" has been assigned about ten million times and the kiddies only get a passing grade if they say something nice. It doesn't matter if they invent it. It's all the same.

those Texasss text book writers are probably no more friendly to JFK than they are to Thomas Jefferson.

He inspired me to serve my country in the military. He, as so many of the rich and famous in business and wealth and entertainment (Rockefeller, Bob Feller and Ted Williams and Hank Greenberg, Jimmy Stewart, etc), served not shirked his duty and suffered physically and mentally for it.

With the clods of earth thrown on his coffin, his faults belong to God and his goodness and greatness belong to Memory.

John Kennedy is often—and justly—praised for his handling of the missile crisis, for pulling the world back from the brink of destruction. Mentioned less often is that the crisis would not have arisen if he not made such a half-hearted effort to overthrow Fidel Castro.

#4: Kennedy?s Failure at the Bay of Pigs (Top 10 Mistakes by U.S. Presidents) | Britannica Blog

While that link does mention that the plan they presented to kenendy was different than the one presetned to Eisenhower,it was VASTLY different,what it fails to mention is that he approached the CIA during the time it was going on and said to them-Look i know you lied to me about air support,dont lie to me anymore,do you need air support? they then said no they did not again lying to them after he asked them to stop lying to him.

The CIA lied to him from the very beginning saying air aupport was not going to be needed.That link fails to mention that because the CIA and the military lied to him,that after the bay of pigs disaster,during the cuban missile crisis,he wisely stopped listening to the military brass during the cuban missile crisis.they all urged him to go in and bomb them-its all on the tapes.and he wisely ignored them and did not listen to them.He leaned heavily on Bobby and listened to his aides what they advised him to do.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/histo...jfk-got-elected-in-1960-instead-of-nixon.html

Thank god we had the bay of pigs invasion so he was able to learn not to listen to them.

Had Dick Nixon been elected president,he WOULD have listened to the military brass and gotten us into a nuclear war.as vp under Eisenhower,he was always trying to get Ike to nuke them in Laos he was so immature back then.Ike wisely didnt listen to Nixon thank god.

Last edited:
This man made me rock. Now all you young libs can flap your gums at me all you want, but what you don't understand is the why and the how this man made me believe I could make a difference.

I have been on left I have been on right I have been in between but what this man did and I really do mean it, he made me understand that I could make a difference.

If there is one thing about my JFK is he made me believe I could make a difference.

It's going to be a very very hard anniversary for me.

JFK was the first person I voted for as a young black man. I cried when he died. Unfortunately, over the years I began to find out the facts of the man and I became extremely disillusioned.

Today I remember JFK as a man who nearly started a thermo-nuclear war with Russia, a man who abandoned anti-Castro rebels at the Bay of Pigs, a man who was so wracked with pain that he was constantly high, a man who was a world class womanizer and a man who was far too familiar with underworld figures.

I hate to speak ill of the dead, like I said, I voted for the man and adored him for a time, but after 50 years I have never voted for a democrat again.

Imperfect, flawed but, basically a good man. Putting anyone on a pedestal to be "adored" is bound to disappoint.

(I can't imagine that he would ever have driven us so deeply in debt as Reagan and the Bushes have. Yes, President Obama has brought down the debt but Reagan made us a debtor nation and I have no idea if we can ever change that.)

I saw Kennedy in person at the Air Force Academy. I was only one row of bleachers too high to reach his hand as he passed.

While that link does mention that the plan they presented to kenendy was different than the one presetned to Eisenhower,it was VASTLY different,what it fails to mention is that he approached the CIA during the time it was going on and said to them-Look i know you lied to me about air support,dont lie to me anymore,do you need air support? they then said no they did not again lying to them after he asked them to stop lying to him.

The CIA lied to him from the very beginning saying air aupport was not going to be needed.That link fails to mention that because the CIA and the military lied to him,that after the bay of pigs disaster,during the cuban missile crisis,he wisely stopped listening to the military brass during the cuban missile crisis.they all urged him to go in and bomb them-its all on the tapes.and he wisely ignored them and did not listen to them.He leaned heavily on Bobby and listened to his aides what they advised him to do.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/histo...jfk-got-elected-in-1960-instead-of-nixon.html

Thank god we had the bay of pigs invasion so he was able to learn not to listen to them.

Had Dick Nixon been elected president,he WOULD have listened to the military brass and gotten us into a nuclear war.as vp under Eisenhower,he was always trying to get Ike to nuke them in Laos he was so immature back then.Ike wisely didnt listen to Nixon thank god.

Nixon was so utterly corrupt and insecure. I have read that he wanted to be a wartime president so he would be remembered.

"Nixon was so utterly corrupt and insecure. I have read that he wanted to be a wartime president so he would be remembered" is a bit off, I think.

He became a wartime president when he was elected. He did not want to be known as the American President to first lose a war.

But, yeah, corrupt and insecure even more so than Bush the Younger.

"Nixon was so utterly corrupt and insecure. I have read that he wanted to be a wartime president so he would be remembered" is a bit off, I think.

He became a wartime president when he was elected. He did not want to be known as the American President to first lose a war.

But, yeah, corrupt and insecure even more so than Bush the Younger.

Nixon lied and was forced to leave office.

Barry lies and communists like you defend him. IRS. BENGHAZI, NSA, ObarryCare.

Yeah - great man. :cuckoo:

This man made me rock. Now all you young libs can flap your gums at me all you want, but what you don't understand is the why and the how this man made me believe I could make a difference.

I have been on left I have been on right I have been in between but what this man did and I really do mean it, he made me understand that I could make a difference.

If there is one thing about my JFK is he made me believe I could make a difference.

you're not old enough

you are lying again.

I would have said misremembering, but 'lying' seems to cover everything for wingnuts

JFK was the first person I voted for as a young black man. I cried when he died. Unfortunately, over the years I began to find out the facts of the man and I became extremely disillusioned.

Today I remember JFK as a man who nearly started a thermo-nuclear war with Russia, a man who abandoned anti-Castro rebels at the Bay of Pigs, a man who was so wracked with pain that he was constantly high, a man who was a world class womanizer and a man who was far too familiar with underworld figures.

I hate to speak ill of the dead, like I said, I voted for the man and adored him for a time, but after 50 years I have never voted for a democrat again.

Brother the nation cried the day Kennedy died.

Could you just imagine JFK and MLK jr being alive today and seeing how this country has been treated?

Last edited:

Could you just imagine JFK and MLK jr being alive today and seeing how this country has been treated?
It was a Kennedy that put MLK in jail in the first place. That one of those historical facts that people ignore. The the great JFK also voted against civil rights as a senator another of those little facts others ignore.....JFK is the most over rated presidents ever.

Indeed. My Father (then a Major at Luke AFB in Phoenix) hated his guts, but still it affected him deeply. My Mom was the same.

Look, I can completely understand the adoration that the communist left has for Obama, I saw the same swooning over JFK and Bobby. They were "bigger" than life and they lived that way until it killed them. Unfortunately, when you live upon a pedestal, it is farther to fall to the ground.

Frankly, I don't think it came to a head until Ted Kennedy killed that girl. America had heard enough about this "family".

Like I said, I thought JFK was the inspiration for a generation of young kids. I cried like a baby when he died. Yet I have never voted for another democrat and there is no scenario that I could ever imagine where I would vote for another.

There is "Camelot" and then, there is the real world. Barry would have done well to understand that from the outset.

Sounds like you would have made a most willing addition to the long list of women with whom he committed adultery. How inspiring!

Whoa geeze. You have to be kidding me.

I make a thread about a person who actually utilized the power of their position to inspire a generation and I'm ready to fuck him?

Holy freaking toledo. And btw none of us knew his personal faults. These were hidden from us.

But he did inspire so many of us.

Maybe I couldn't go on a space shuttle, maybe I couldn't be the man saying "tear down this wall" but what JFK did was to challenge all of us to care more and beyond the boundaries of our neighborhoods, beyond a state, beyond a country.

And may I add I believe that this man believed in his country, in the greatness of America and he never wanted to destroy the United States of America.

It was a Kennedy that put MLK in jail in the first place. That one of those historical facts that people ignore. The the great JFK also voted against civil rights as a senator another of those little facts others ignore.....JFK is the most over rated presidents ever.

Kennedy wasn't as liberal as some think, he was a true leader
He was going to bring America back to the gold standard
He was going to keep us out of Viet nam
He was and this is a biggie PRO second amendment.

Kennedy wasn't as liberal as some think, he was a true leader
He was going to bring America back to the gold standard
He was going to keep us out of Viet nam
He was and this is a biggie PRO second amendment.

There was no Proof he wanted to pull out of Vietnam that is just something the media made up to make him look good. He left men to die in Cuba and tried to wash his hands of the affair sounds a lot like Benghazi to me. He was a racist that thought blacks didnt deserve civil rights.

Forum List

Back