Jews and salvation

Must Jews achieve salvation through jesus or are they exempt

• Total voters
rtwngAvngr said:
http://www.christianzionism.org/churchesN.asp

Throughout history some Christians have tried to use the Bible to justify violence: for the Crusades, for Anti-Semitism, and for slavery. There are many examples of these misguided Biblical exegesis. One specfic example is Thorten Stringfellow's treatise to justify slavery. The church has been too slow to respond to these misuses of the Bible, and these were black periods in the history of the church.

Now Christian Zionists are using the Bible to again justify violence. Although the motives are couched in terms of compassion toward the Jewish people, and supporting alleged Biblical prophesies, the political agenda of territorial expansion advocated by Christian Zionists results in grave violence and injustices toward the Palestinians. For some time, individuals, and theologians have spoken out against Christian Zionism. In the past few years, conservative to liberal denominations are now taking official positions condeming and questioning this theology.
Denomination Date Body Title, quote, and link to resolution or postion
Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod April 2004 Commission on Theology and Church Relations A Lutheran Response to the "Left Behind Series"
"The clear witness of the New Testament is that the person of Jesus Christ is the interpretive key to the Old Testament, and indeed to all of Scripture." MORE…
Presbyterian Church USA July 2004 General Assembly (national) On Confronting Christian Zionism
"Christian Zionism promotes a theology that justifies grievious violations of basic rights of people who are also made in the image of God, and is contrary to the gospel of Jesus Christ." MORE…
Reformed Church in America June 2004 Annual Synod (national) Christian Zionism: A Historical Analysis and Critique
"Jesus, picking up seminal themes from the Hebrew scriptures, preached and lived a message of reconciliation… " MORE…
United Church of Christ July 2003 General Synod (national) An Alternative Voice to Christian Zionism
"We believe that the tenets of Christian Zionism neither reflect the intention of the teachings of Jesus and the prophets, nor promote peace in the Middle East, and respectfully recommend …and alternative voice to this theology." MORE…
Mennonite Church USA July 2005 MCC Peace Office Newsletter Christian Zionism and Peace in the Holy Land
"A widespread but erroneous belief is that Christain Zionists…read Daniel and Revelation literally. They do not. No Christian Zionist applies a consistently literal interpretation to Revelation. No one has suggested that Jesus was really a lamb." MORE…
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America June 2005 Chicago Metropolitan Synod Resolution to Encourage the Study of Christian Zionism
"…the movement of Christian Zionism based on these biblical interpretations seeks to influence U.S. policy toward Israel in a manner that would arguably facilitate mistreatment of Palestinians, continued occupation of the land, opposition to a two-state solution, and exclusive Israeli control of Jerusalem…"MORE…
United Methodist Church June 2005 IL Conference On Unwrapping the Rapture
"…every …household should give prayerful consideration as to how God will actually judge us for our silence about and complicity in the crushing of the Palestinian people…" MORE…
Episcopal Church November 2004 Diocese of Chicago Confronting Christian Zionism
"A partial response to Christian Zionism would be to say that we read Scripture in light of [Jesus'] two great commandments - to love God and our neighbor." MORE…

Shamgar, is that you??

Seriously, though, do you realize that you are quoting from liberal Christian groups?

And what the hell is Christian Zionism? It's certainly nothing I'd ever heard of until our friend Sham showed up a few weeks ago.

dilloduck said:
So Jews are basically the guardians of Israel and we pay them to take care of it?
Seriously--Is God re-establishing Israel by having Americans foot the bill?

First, Jews are the people of Israel.

Second, I don't think that America supports Israel based on any religious beliefs. They support them because they're a democracy.

5stringJeff said:

Second, I don't think that America supports Israel based on any religious beliefs. They support them because they're a democracy.

Kinda funny that there's no complaints about all the money we gave the Palestinian Authority just to sit at the bargaining table.... not to mention every other country we give aid to for a myriad of reasons.

jillian said:
Kinda funny that there's no complaints about all the money we gave the Palestinian Authority just to sit at the bargaining table.... not to mention every other country we give aid to for a myriad of reasons.

There's been a lot of complaining around here about the money we give just about everyone.

5stringJeff said:

We've just seen in this thread that many DO support israel for that very reason.

jillian said:

Would you please stop whining.

rtwngAvngr said:
We've just seen in this thread that many DO support israel for that very reason.

I mean that the federal government of America does not support Israel based on any religious beliefs. They support them because they're a democracy.

jillian said:
I'm not the one putting up thread after thread whining about Jews, dear. Enjoy your conspiracy theories. I'm off to home.

What have I posted that you believe is false, or wrong, or whatever. There's no such thing as jews? There's no talmud? The Talmud is a nice loving document? Jews actually have no influence?

5stringJeff said:
I mean that the federal government of America does not support Israel based on any religious beliefs. They support them because they're a democracy.

To the degree that the administration is influence by the Christian Zionist movement, they support israel based on Christian Zionism. See how that works?

rtwngAvngr said:
To the degree that the administration is influence by the Christian Zionist movement, they support israel based on Christian Zionism. See how that works?

Is that why Bill Clinton, that infamous Christian Zionist (ha ha), still supported Israel throughout his administration?

5stringJeff said:
Is that why Bill Clinton, that infamous Christian Zionist (ha ha), still supported Israel throughout his administration?

Blah blah blah.

You know I'm right.

5stringJeff said:
:rotflmao:

I'll take that as a tacit concession.

No. It's just assinine to assert there's no Christian Zionist influence in our policy.

5stringJeff said:

How is it determined that all Jews are the people of Isreal? I question any democracy that is rigged to protect an individual religion.

rtwngAvngr said:
No. It's just assinine to assert there's no Christian Zionist influence in our policy.

Christian Zionists influenced Clinton's policy with Israel? What about Jimmy Carter, LBJ, JFK, and Truman? Did they influence those Dem Presidents too?

5stringJeff said:
Christian Zionists influenced Clinton's policy with Israel? What about Jimmy Carter, LBJ, JFK, and Truman? Did they influence those Dem Presidents too?
Maybe to a degree. Get into the present, man. Chrisitan Zionism is by no means the only jew influence in america. It just happens to be one, and it's one of the most influential pro israel influence on the right IMO. Be honest.

Forum List

Back