Jewish does not equal Zionist

Why is it that attacking the Isreali state is seen as an attack on the Jewish religion and race?

because when people use revisionist history to claim that israel somehow evicted others from their homes, a) they're lying; b) they tend to excuse terrorism and think if israel defends itself it's an affront to humanity; c) when pushed far enough, they generally get to something stupid like "israel should be in utah".

but mostly because....

This new anti-Semitism is common throughout the Middle East and in Muslim communities in Europe, but it is not confined to these populations. For example, various United Nations bodies are asked each year on multiple occasions to commission investigations of what often are sensationalized reports of alleged atrocities and other violations of human rights by Israel. Various bodies have been set up within the UN system with the sole purpose of reporting on what is assumed to be ongoing, abusive Israeli behavior. The motive for such actions may be to defuse an immediate crisis, to show others in the Middle East that there are credible means of addressing their concerns other than through resort to violence, or to pursue other legitimate ends. But the collective effect of unremitting criticism of Israel, coupled with a failure to pay attention to regimes that are demonstrably guilty of grave violations, has the effect of reinforcing the notion that the Jewish state is one of the sources, if not the greatest source, of abuse of the rights of others, and thus intentionally or not encourages anti-Semitism.

Comparing contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis is increasingly commonplace. Anti-Semitism couched as criticism of Zionism or Israel often escapes condemnation since it can be more subtle than traditional forms of anti-Semitism, and promoting anti-Semitic attitudes may not be the conscious intent of the purveyor. Israel’s policies and practices must be subject to responsible criticism and scrutiny to the same degree as those of any other country. At the same time, those criticizing Israel have a responsibility to consider the effect their actions may have in prompting hatred of Jews. For example, at times hostility toward Israel has translated into physical violence directed at Jews in general. There was, for example, a sharp upsurge in anti-Semitic incidents worldwide during the conflict between Hizballah and Israel in the summer of 2006.[3]

Contemporary Global Anti-Semitism:A Report Provided to the United States Congress

oh...and thinking zionist is a dirty word... generally tells people someone is an anti-semite.

Ain't my fault they decided to move there! If I decided to move down to Alabama all by myself and go live in a trailer park full of red necks, it's my own damn fault if I get lynched to death!

I suppose it was the Jews fault for living in Germany too?

Now that's different... they were there before Hitler.

Um, last I checked it wasn't Hitler that was murdering the Jews. It was Germans.

But last I checked the palestinians were there before Isreal. That's just history.

Um, last I checked. NO

The British (stole) the land and gave it to the (criminals) Israelis for a terrorist base.

Here you are lying your stinking little ass off. Yet again.
The British were awarded the land by the League of Nations after WW1 when the Ottoman Empire dissolved.
I mention this not for your benefit. You probably know this already. I mention it for people who may not be aware of the history and I dont want them taken in by your untruths, fallacies, and lies.

Why is it that attacking the Isreali state is seen as an attack on the Jewish religion and race?

because when people use revisionist history to claim that israel somehow evicted others from their homes, a) they're lying; b) they tend to excuse terrorism and think if israel defends itself it's an affront to humanity; c) when pushed far enough, they generally get to something stupid like "israel should be in utah".

but mostly because....

This new anti-Semitism is common throughout the Middle East and in Muslim communities in Europe, but it is not confined to these populations. For example, various United Nations bodies are asked each year on multiple occasions to commission investigations of what often are sensationalized reports of alleged atrocities and other violations of human rights by Israel. Various bodies have been set up within the UN system with the sole purpose of reporting on what is assumed to be ongoing, abusive Israeli behavior. The motive for such actions may be to defuse an immediate crisis, to show others in the Middle East that there are credible means of addressing their concerns other than through resort to violence, or to pursue other legitimate ends. But the collective effect of unremitting criticism of Israel, coupled with a failure to pay attention to regimes that are demonstrably guilty of grave violations, has the effect of reinforcing the notion that the Jewish state is one of the sources, if not the greatest source, of abuse of the rights of others, and thus intentionally or not encourages anti-Semitism.

Comparing contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis is increasingly commonplace. Anti-Semitism couched as criticism of Zionism or Israel often escapes condemnation since it can be more subtle than traditional forms of anti-Semitism, and promoting anti-Semitic attitudes may not be the conscious intent of the purveyor. Israel’s policies and practices must be subject to responsible criticism and scrutiny to the same degree as those of any other country. At the same time, those criticizing Israel have a responsibility to consider the effect their actions may have in prompting hatred of Jews. For example, at times hostility toward Israel has translated into physical violence directed at Jews in general. There was, for example, a sharp upsurge in anti-Semitic incidents worldwide during the conflict between Hizballah and Israel in the summer of 2006.[3]

Contemporary Global Anti-Semitism:A Report Provided to the United States Congress

oh...and thinking zionist is a dirty word... generally tells people someone is an anti-semite.

Yeah... I'm a racist because I don't think Isreal should be killing Palestinians. Sometimes I wonder about this world...

but mostly because....

Yeah... I'm a racist because I don't think Isreal should be killing Palestinians. Sometimes I wonder about this world...
Are you OK with Palestinians killing Israelis? Because if Palestinians quit killing Israelis they wouldn't have anything to worry about.

I suppose it was the Jews fault for living in Germany too?

Um, last I checked it wasn't Hitler that was murdering the Jews. It was Germans.

But last I checked the palestinians were there before Isreal. That's just history.

Um, last I checked. NO

What kind of history are you reading? The Jews didn't just walk into a bunch of brand new empty houses that sprang up when they came in 1948.

Um, last I checked. NO

What kind of history are you reading? The Jews didn't just walk into a bunch of brand new empty houses that sprang up when they came in 1948.

There were no empty houses. There wasn't anything. Whatever structures were around were abandoned by the Palestinians, who themselves had passed into the country in the 1920s and 1930s.

but mostly because....

Are you OK with Palestinians killing Israelis? Because if Palestinians quit killing Israelis they wouldn't have anything to worry about.

I ain't against self-defense, but killing civilians is never justified.

"Whatcha gonna do, Rastus?"

Oh yeah, and I'm the racist...

Hey man, the holocaust was a terrible thing. But killing off Palestinians ain't justifyable because of it. It's a hell of a lot easier to discriminate against a muslim in this country than it is to discriminate against a jew.

It sure is a shame. And you don't suppose there is enough room in 50 countries to house a few of their own?

You've got to stop thinking of it like sports. See, I always support the Packers, cause I like them. But you don't always support Isreal just because they're Jewish. If the Muslims had did what Isreal did in invading palestine, I'd be pissed at them too.

Palestine is a made up name and never existed. It aint' sports that is history.

Just curious. Where do you suppose the Jewish Race came from? No matter what your answer, we would have to evict people from some country to give them a homeland now wouldn't we?

Last edited:
Zionism is a political movement and a mindset.

Being opposed to Zionism is like a democrat being against a republican.

Unfounded animosity toward the Jewish people is anti-semitic.

But opposition to Zionism and Zionists is NOT anti-semitic

It sure is a shame. And you don't suppose there is enough room in 50 countries to house a few of their own?

You've got to stop thinking of it like sports. See, I always support the Packers, cause I like them. But you don't always support Isreal just because they're Jewish. If the Muslims had did what Isreal did in invading palestine, I'd be pissed at them too.

Palestine is a made up name and never existed. It aint' sports that is history.

Brief history of Palestine - Palestine - Home of history

You need to do some reasearch...

Ain't that the damn truth. :iagree:

It isn't necessarily anti-semitic. But in a lot of cases it is. Like here.

9-11 wasn't killing civilians

daily car bombings and restaurant bombings of innocent civilians

rockets fired at civilan towns

That aint killing civilians?:cuckoo:

Who are civilians in a guerilla war? If the PLO and Hamas want to set up in civilian areas and launch attacks, who is responsible for the deaths of the civilians in that area?

And I'm sorry about the Rastus comment. That was wrong. That's why I erased it.

There were no empty houses. There wasn't anything. Whatever structures were around were abandoned by the Palestinians, who themselves had passed into the country in the 1920s and 1930s.

You are lying your ass off Rabbi and you know it :eusa_shhh: :evil:
Listen shitbird, here you are again lying in every post failing to offer anything remotely like proof.
I'm still waiting for how you got to 100-200k Jews killed in the Holocaust when no authority gives a number anywhere near that low.

Forum List

Back