Jesus was a liberal? & Thou Shalt Not Kill

Originally posted by Jackass
How about you reread MY post and find out where I said it contains meat???
Your whole argument about eating animals...and drinking "slave milk"...oh yeah...you said it..was that the animals are tortured and since..it is immoral. If God thought it was immoral to drink or eat "slave milk" then why would he allow it in his prasadham??

Omg, I can't stay away from this website...

I read your post and it sounded like "Animals are bad to eat, then why would God have it in his prasadham?" lol

Anyway thank you for making your point clear, There are some rituals in temples which they perform for God. For example, bathing God in milk etc.

Originally, in India where hinduism is most prominent, cows are not treated so horribly. Cows give natural amounts of milk. This milk is then used in temples in serving God.

Such is not the case here in America is it? still, the temples use milk in some ways because it is also a prominent belief that when the animal is engaged in the service to God, it gets the chance to get salvation.

When the animal is dying and you can't do anything about it, why not give it atleast the chance for it to have salvation?- I thought you would understand the point as I was saying "the animal is believed to get salvation because its milk is used in his service"

If you call this hypocrisy, I can assure you that it is not. Anyway, I don't want to go into religion please, because you may say well my God says :"Go ahead kill and enjoy eating the animal" .

Go ahead, eat the animals if you want, but it is still morally wrong and cruel.

OK, my views are all over the place on the vegan/carnivore thing, so I'm not going to get into that. Basically, Spirit, I agree with what you're saying in spirit (sorry, awkward sentence, I know), but I know that I'll never be able to not eat meat. In the end, I like the taste of it, and I hate to say it, but I've gotten to a point where I don't really care if something had to die to get it to my plate. And, I know that sounds horrible, but that's the way it is.

Anyway, on the being born gay vs. being made gay argument, a somewhat logical thought was brought up on this topic on another board I go to. Most people that say people are born gay attribute it to some sort of gay "gene". However, the majority of homosexuals are obviously not having kids (or at least not producing them), so how is this gene being passed? I think we can all agree that there are more gay people around than there used to be. I think there's a lot that goes into it, but I don't really think we are predestined from the get-go to be gay or straight.

"Anyway, on the being born gay vs. being made gay argument, a somewhat logical thought was brought up on this topic on another board I go to. Most people that say people are born gay attribute it to some sort of gay "gene". However, the majority of homosexuals are obviously not having kids (or at least not producing them), so how is this gene being passed? I think we can all agree that there are more gay people around than there used to be. I think there's a lot that goes into it, but I don't really think we are predestined from the get-go to be gay or straight."

Also, the majority of Down Syndrome people, or Cerebal Palsy people are not have kids - so how does that gene get passed (that is just to name a couple of examples). Also, I agree that there are more gay people arond that there used to be, but I believe if you check into your history books you will find there was plenty of it, but it was quite closeted.

Hey Spirit, just a question.......do you wear lipstick and makeup? you said in some previous posts that it's a sin to kill fish, now if you wear lipstick do you know that the oils in that lipstick comes from WHALE? it's true, do some research on it and you will see that if you wear lipstick you allowed yourself to wear it from a DEAD whale.

A gene is what is claimed to be the problem of being gay? I guess it's like the FAT people who claim that they can't help that they are huge, it's a gene that did it to them, unfortanately I don't believe that one bit, I think it all stems on what we eat and how we eat.

Guess I put that in there wrong, I meant that as far as people claiming that being obese is from a gene, and I say it's from what you eat and how much! Yes, I need to go back to bed! hahhaha

Originally posted by janeeng
Hey Spirit, just a question.......do you wear lipstick and makeup? you said in some previous posts that it's a sin to kill fish, now if you wear lipstick do you know that the oils in that lipstick comes from WHALE? it's true, do some research on it and you will see that if you wear lipstick you allowed yourself to wear it from a DEAD whale.

A gene is what is claimed to be the problem of being gay? I guess it's like the FAT people who claim that they can't help that they are huge, it's a gene that did it to them, unfortanately I don't believe that one bit, I think it all stems on what we eat and how we eat.

Actually lipstick has these ingredients as said by an online news magazine.

"Lipstick contains a variety of waxes, oils, pigments, and emollients. The wax gives lipstick its shape and ease of application. Among the waxes are beeswax, a substance obtained from bee honeycombs that consists of esters of straight-chain monohydric alcohols with even-numbered carbon chains from C24 to C36 and straight-chain acids also having even numbers of carbon atoms up to C36. Other waxes include carnauba wax, which is an exudate from the pores of leaves of Brazilian wax palm trees, and candelilla wax, which is obtained from the candelilla plant and is produced in Mexico by immersing the plants in boiling water containing sulfuric acid and skimming off the wax that rises to the surface."

"The oils and fats used in lipstick include olive oil, mineral oil, castor oil, cocoa butter, lanolin, and petrolatum. More than 50% of lipsticks manufactured in the U.S. contain substantial amounts of castor oil. It forms a tough, shiny film when it dries after application. However, ingestion of large amounts of castor oil may cause frequent rest-room visits."

"Matte lipsticks are heavy in wax and pigment but lighter in emollients. They have more texture than shine. Cremes are a balance of shine and texture. Glosses have a high shine and low color. Sheers and stains contain a lot of oil and a medium amount of wax with a tad of color. Shimmers have extra glimmer, which comes from mica or silica particles. Long-lasting color lipsticks contain silicone oil, which seals the color to your lips. Lip gloss usually comes in jars and contains different proportions of the same ingredients as lipstick but usually has less wax and more oil to make the lips shinier."

And there is nothing wrong in wearing lipstick and trying to look attractive.

And there are MANY brands of lipstick. You've probably used some containing "marine oil" before. Even if not, I'm sure the money you contribute to these manafacturers other brands are assisting in their quest for the mammal oil!
http://www.pleasebekind.com/whales.html
http://www-comm.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/publications/whalesdpbook/introduction/commercial_e.htm

And there is nothing wrong in wearing lipstick and trying to look attractive.

I agree.

Although, wearing some brands and supporting the manafacturers that kill whales to make you "look attractive" seems kind of hypocritical. I think it's best said that we all in some way have a hand in the eating/killing/using of animals. Some just try harder than others to avoid doing so.

I agree.

Although, wearing some brands and supporting the manafacturers that kill whales to make you "look attractive" seems kind of hypocritical. I think it's best said that we all in some way have a hand in the eating/killing/using of animals. Some just try harder than others to avoid doing so.

Although some of us do contribute to killing one way or the other, the killing of whales stopped in 1965. We see this in one of the websites you posted here. I am not a hypocrite .

Originally posted by janeeng

Actually, the lastest research proves that the obsiesity is caused due to the abnormality in a gene that releases leptin.

You speak out with anger against those that eat meat and support the killing of animals, then you say:

Although some of us do contribute to killing one way or the other

Your contribution may be substantially less than others, but sorry, it's hypocritical after your earlier statements.

Is it ok for a pot smoker to say "I only buy one dime bag every six months, I don't contribute in any way to the drug epidemic"?

You might want to take a look at this link, it's after 1965 showing that whales are still being slaughtered.

whales

The only question I have for all vegans who claim that they are vegans to reduce the suffering of animals I have only two questions:

1. do you believe in abortion?
2. do you avail yourself and your children of medicine in any way?

The answer to those two questions shows more of hypocrisy about animal suffering than whether or not you eat meat.

This is from a former vegan!

Originally posted by Spirit_Soul
Actually, the lastest research proves that the obsiesity is caused due to the abnormality in a gene that releases leptin.

What research? If you don't cite a source, your claims carry no weight.

Obesity is caused by the same thing as homosexuality - people unable to discipline their behaviour.

Originally posted by jimnyc
You speak out with anger against those that eat meat and support the killing of animals, then you say:

Your contribution may be substantially less than others, but sorry, it's hypocritical after your earlier statements.

Is it ok for a pot smoker to say "I only buy one dime bag every six months, I don't contribute in any way to the drug epidemic"?

Let me make my statements clearer, I do not support eating animals in any way.

Originally posted by dmp
What research? If you don't cite a source, your claims carry no weight.

Obesity is caused by the same thing as homosexuality - people unable to discipline their behaviour.

I will get the journal article published in the Journal of Neuroscience.

Please, give me some time, I have a funeral to go to today.

Originally posted by Spirit_Soul
I will get the journal article published in the Journal of Neuroscience.

Please, give me some time, I have a funeral to go to today.

Sure - pick some publication where I can't understand all the words... :(

:)

This article is about how the chemical leptin effects the memory encoding and modulation in hippocampal area, which is related to memory and learning... but the first sentence supports the fact that leptin is a gene product that is important in regulating food intake.

I read an article where they prove that abnormality in this protein creates problems such as obeisity... but I am still trying to find it. But this is one of those articles about leptin.

Leptin Enhances NMDA Receptor Function and Modulates Hippocampal Synaptic Plasticity

"The obese gene product leptin is an important signaling protein that regulates food intake and body weight via activation of the hypothalamic leptin receptor (Ob-Rb; Jacob et al., 1997). However, there is growing evidence that Ob-Rb is also expressed in CNS regions, not directly associated with energy homeostasis (Mercer et al., 1996; Hakansson et al., 1998). In the hippocampus, an area of the brain involved in learning and memory, we have found that leptin facilitates the induction of synaptic plasticity. Leptin converts short-term potentiation of synaptic transmission induced by primed burst stimulation of the Schaffer collateral commissural pathway into long-term potentiation. The mechanism underlying this effect involves facilitation of NMDA receptor function because leptin rapidly enhances NMDA-induced increases in intracellular Ca2+ levels ([Ca2+]i) and facilitates NMDA, but not AMPA, receptor-mediated synaptic transmission. The signaling mechanism underlying these effects involves activation of phosphoinositide 3-kinase, mitogen-activated protein kinase, and Src tyrosine kinases. These data indicate that a novel action of leptin in the CNS is to facilitate hippocampal synaptic plasticity via enhanced NMDA receptor-mediated Ca2+ influx. Impairment of this process may contribute to the cognitive deficits associated with diabetes mellitus."

Forum List

Back