Jesus was a liberal? & Thou Shalt Not Kill

Sexual identity is wired into the genes, which discounts the concept that homosexuality and transgender sexuality are a choice, California researchers reported on Monday.

Originally posted by Joan
Sexual identity is wired into the genes, which discounts the concept that homosexuality and transgender sexuality are a choice, California researchers reported on Monday.

No they didn't...or if they did, they are either lying or have an agenda, or are dumb :)

If we can allow that Homosexuality is innate, then we have to allow that being a mass-murder is too...so is child molestation...All of those groups then, would need protection as the Militant Homosexuals seek.

Sexual identity.
To kill or Not.

Those are the choice of the individual.

Seriously though...

If one guy thinks "more like a woman" because of his genes, what does the other guy think? Either he thinks more like a man, and if so, why does he want to be with the gay guy. Or he thinks more like a woman, in which case, wouldn't you then have 2 guys that think like women? I see why a guy may act more feminine, but still can't see why he would like other men.

Originally posted by jimnyc
Seriously though...

If one guy thinks "more like a woman" because of his genes, what does the other guy think? Either he thinks more like a man, and if so, why does he want to be with the gay guy. Or he thinks more like a woman, in which case, wouldn't you then have 2 guys that think like women? I see why a guy may act more feminine, but still can't see why he would like other men.

I'm pretty feminine...ask Jeff. :)

I'm sure a counselor in schools today would try to convince me that because I like band, interior design, art, and getting caught in the rain, I should also love 'The Cahk!"

:)

hahahahah, I think your all a bunch of HOMO'S!!! :)

Dom loves CHuck,
Chuck loves Jim,
Jim loves himself! shit the list can go on and on!!!!I think they all act like a bunch of whiny females, hahaha, let them get a cold and boo hoo!

Originally posted by Joan
I think you are a closet queen dmp

lol :)

Why does a brother have to be homosexual just because he loves interior design, and drives a miata?

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Geez... you move over a weekend and there are hundreds of new posts!!!

Spirit, your picture isn't there, I would have liked to have seen it... oh well.

And by the way, how did we get on the topic of homosexuality, obesity, and abortion on the 'Thou Shall Not Kill' thread?

here is another one of my pictures... in an indian traditional dress. :)

Sigh... this too came sideways.

Very nice Spirit, but I have to tell you, it doesn't look like the traditional outfits that they wear around here! Yours looks more like a dress!

How come it came out sideways again! :) Have to get some help from Jim!

Originally posted by janeeng
Very nice Spirit, but I have to tell you, it doesn't look like the traditional outfits that they wear around here! Yours looks more like a dress!

How come it came out sideways again! :) Have to get some help from Jim!

well, it is called a gagra choli, it is a traditional party dress. The true traditional is a saree... it is really hard to wear one of those... my mom wears them.

Anyway, I like this dress :)

The current body of evidence on homosexuality seems to indicate a blend of nature vs nurture as the cause. As if the seeds need to be in the genes as well as encouraged by whatever environmental aspects it is that allows the tendency to become dominant. And then there's the kinsey studies which, while flawed, represent the most intensive study to date on human sexuality. It came to the conclusion that there were no 1's or 6's (representing the scale used to measure with one end being completely straight and the other completely gay). Also on the nature side of the argument is the fact that homosexual behaviour has been observed in several animal species, including non primate species. I tend to oversimplify some analogies, but to me it's always been akin to ice cream; some folks like vanilla, some chocolate, some both, and no good reason why. Those that like chocolate think those that don't are crazy but there ya have it.

I must admit I believe that a homosexual could lead a straight life, I mean most of us have made friendly with someone we weren't actually atracted to at one point for some reason or another, no? But it would be living a lie just the same as if you asked a jew to live the life of a lutheran or vise versa. The analogy above is a little flawed, killing and molestation involve an unwilling adult partner whereas the decision to engage in homosexual behaviour between two consenting adults does not. Don't go talking about NAMBLA, taking advantage of people unable to decide things for themselves is wrong whethet it be straight or gay. Just wanted to set that case aside.

Guess I've rambled eno' here, next...

I too believe that it is a complex mixture of genetics and social factors that lead to homosexuality. I do resent though when people try to label it normal by any standard. To define normalicy one must look to evolution and nature for this answer. As much as we would like to believe that sex is for enjoyment, nature dictates that it is for reproduction. Sex is pleasurable for the sole reason to entice us into reproduction. Nothing more, nothing less.
So if you are a consenting adult do as you please, just stop trying to justify it through silly logic, like begging the question "What is normal?"

Originally posted by eric
I too believe that it is a complex mixture of genetics and social factors that lead to homosexuality. I do resent though when people try to label it normal by any standard. To define normalicy one must look to evolution and nature for this answer. As much as we would like to believe that sex is for enjoyment, nature dictates that it is for reproduction. Sex is pleasurable for the sole reason to entice us into reproduction. Nothing more, nothing less.
So if you are a consenting adult do as you please, just stop trying to justify it through silly logic, like begging the question "What is normal?"

In my view, you present the best example any one has given in this thread. The homosexuality of an Individual is not normal, but it is not something that a person chooses to be either. It 'happens' to a person due to both nature and nurture.

Originally posted by Aquarian
The current body of evidence on homosexuality seems to indicate a blend of nature vs nurture as the cause. As if the seeds need to be in the genes as well as encouraged by whatever environmental aspects it is that allows the tendency to become dominant. And then there's the kinsey studies which, while flawed, represent the most intensive study to date on human sexuality. It came to the conclusion that there were no 1's or 6's (representing the scale used to measure with one end being completely straight and the other completely gay). Also on the nature side of the argument is the fact that homosexual behaviour has been observed in several animal species, including non primate species. I tend to oversimplify some analogies, but to me it's always been akin to ice cream; some folks like vanilla, some chocolate, some both, and no good reason why. Those that like chocolate think those that don't are crazy but there ya have it.

I must admit I believe that a homosexual could lead a straight life, I mean most of us have made friendly with someone we weren't actually atracted to at one point for some reason or another, no? But it would be living a lie just the same as if you asked a jew to live the life of a lutheran or vise versa. The analogy above is a little flawed, killing and molestation involve an unwilling adult partner whereas the decision to engage in homosexual behaviour between two consenting adults does not. Don't go talking about NAMBLA, taking advantage of people unable to decide things for themselves is wrong whethet it be straight or gay. Just wanted to set that case aside.

Guess I've rambled eno' here, next...

Using the animal debate....tell me, if you were a dolphin, could YOU tell a male from a female? Also, one would have to equate Humans with Animals...There are lots of things Animals do, because they have no 'reason' - no soul. Should we allow people to sniff other ppl's butts as a form of greeting? ;)

Having an attraction to somebody does not mean a person wants to have sex with them. There are many men I admire - some I consider attractive. That's where the confusion happens. Popular society tells people that attraction MUST be of a sexual nature.

Aquarian, One thing I must disagree with you on is animal behavior. It is a complete falicy that animals display homosexual behavior. I consulted with a good friend of mine, who is probably the finest veterinarian on LI, and he informed me that when animal display this behavior in general, it is not for sexual reasons, but rather a show of dominance. This is evidenced by a dog "humping" your leg. The dog certainly knows you are not a dog! It is a show of will!

Forum List

Back