Jesus and guns

People don't abide by many of Jesus' teachings. Why then should anyone care what Jesus thinks about anything?

We should always strive to live our lives with Jesus as a model...that's what I try to do, though I too, fall short.

Going back to what you just said, Jesus said the same thing himself...I can try to find the passage but paraphrasing it, He says something like, just because you have not murdered, but you committed adultery...doesn't mean you are any less of a sinner...deserving death in your second life...

But the Gospel message then came through by saying something like, but through HIM we can be saved from this destiny....

Care
Care, I don't understand the point you are trying to make.

People don't abide by many of Jesus' teachings. Why then should anyone care what Jesus thinks about anything?

We should always strive to live our lives with Jesus as a model...that's what I try to do, though I too, fall short.

Going back to what you just said, Jesus said the same thing himself...I can try to find the passage but paraphrasing it, He says something like, just because you have not murdered, but you committed adultery...doesn't mean you are any less of a sinner...deserving death in your second life...

But the Gospel message then came through by saying something like, but through HIM we can be saved from this destiny....

Care
WOW---I don't understand yours either :lol:

Care

i'm babbling! :D

i guess i am saying we should always strive to follow Jesus, in the way we live our lives...

He will know our 'heart' when judged on judgment day...if our falling short was true human failings or intentionally being evil...

the adulterer and the murderer and the one not honoring their parents or the one coveting your big house and nice car or wife....are all on equal footing...sin is sin....

the girl having an abortion vs, the guy desiring another man's wife or committing adultery or lying is no less a sin than any sin.....sin is sin, all forgivable through Christ's dying...(except the unforgivable sin)

i'm babbling again...trying to talk it through for myself and own reasoning i suppose...

Did you read the rest of my posts or just that one? I'd rather not repeat myself.

>>>

Jesus did NOT defend himself from being killed, but the lesson was supposed to be his sacrifice for the rest of us who are only human and will need to be forgiven for our sins including defending ourselves if we need to.
:lol: You'd rather not repeat yourself, but thanks for doing it anyway.

Your position is that guns are okay as long as they are not used to kill, from the viewpoint of Jesus?

Nobody said Jesus had a viewpoint on guns. And in fact, as has been put to you repeatedly, Jesus when he returns will expect us to fight alongside him in the final war. Until the word of God ends it.

Do you never get tired of blathering bullshit and just making crap up? And even if you don't believe it, what goes around comes around. People who indulge in this sort of intentionally taunting and dishonest behavior always suffer for it. Always. That's not biblical, that's life. So expect to get your own back, Ravi. Those of us who believe know you will face God someday, and will have to deal with that, but you can rest assured, that there is also justice in this world, and people who are deliberately hurtful, jeering, and who make lying a habit reap the fruits of that behavior. Parents in particular, because it's a very bad example for children, and destroys marriages.

Stupid game playing bitches like you make enemies, lose what's most important to them (though they don't even realize it until it's gone..it usually is in the form of their loved ones), lose their jobs, and end up alone.

You're not my enemy, you are just a pathetic loser on the internet, and at times I find you charming. But your pathological lying is symptomatic of something much more serious, and I'm telling you as a friend, not as your internet enemy, which I don't even consider myself, that you might be well served to take a look at why you find it so much fun to lie about and to people, to ridicule the things they find sacred, and to protect deviants and attack those who at least make an attempt to follow a more moral way of life.

My goodness, Allie. I asked a question and you've turned into a frothing moron.

Why does it upset you so much to consider the meaning of what Jesus said?

I'm not taunting anyone but apparently some posters here are extremely touchy about their faith.

btw...when the battle happens the demons will be demons that God judges to be demons - in other words, YOU are not the judge, dimwit.

I'm not taunting anyone but apparently some posters here are extremely touchy about their faith.

btw...when the battle happens the demons will be demons that God judges to be demons - in other words, YOU are not the judge, dimwit.

The question was answered over and over, and you keep turning it into something else.

I'm not touchy about my faith. You, on the other hand, are.

BTW, when the battle happens the saints will be the judges also. Know what a saint is? Demons are already judged. It will be people who the saints and Christ will judge.

But that's besides the point. Once again, we're expected to fight alongside Jesus. So that answers your question about guns and the bible. I don't think we're expected to throw stones.

Last edited:
And give some thought to the pathological lying. Because your post right there is full of lies. Apparently you've reached the point where you lie to yourself, too, and that's not good.

Good points, Care. That's what I was taught as well.

You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' 39But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. 41If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.
IIRC, that is one of the passages the Amish base their pacifism on.

Hey Ravi, that is very nice of you to turn that other cheek for us in your avatar! :lol:

And yes, I've heard of cafeteria Catholics, but I don't think it takes one to be able to reconcile gun ownership.

Repent you name caller !!! :lol:

Indian sweat lodges are relatively safe.

It's the ones being run by idiot new age gurus that are death traps.

Doesn't the Bible have a saying, "An eye for an eye?"

The Bible does have a saying "...eye for an eye.." but that is the Jew Bible not the Christian Bible. Our Saviour Jesus was the Prince of Peace. He would never kill anyone. Guns are powerless against Him.

In future please do not quote the Jew Bible and attribute them to Christianity. Obviously you are uneducated.

However when Jesus returns he will come to fight, and wipe out all the opposition.

Care

i guess i am saying we should always strive to follow Jesus, in the way we live our lives...

He will know our 'heart' when judged on judgment day...if our falling short was true human failings or intentionally being evil...

the adulterer and the murderer and the one not honoring their parents or the one coveting your big house and nice car or wife....are all on equal footing...sin is sin....

the girl having an abortion vs, the guy desiring another man's wife or committing adultery or lying is no less a sin than any sin.....sin is sin, all forgivable through Christ's dying...(except the unforgivable sin)

i'm babbling again...trying to talk it through for myself and own reasoning i suppose...
Okay, I've been thinking over what you've said. It isn't the tools we have, it is what we do with them. I suppose that makes sense. I still have to wonder though if Jesus would actually approve of all the tools we've come up with to destroy each other.

And Babble, your reasoning is still stupid. If and when Jesus returns to earth, it will be God's judgment as to who will be killed, not ours. And I think guns wouldn't work very well against demons.

Doesn't the Bible have a saying, "An eye for an eye?"

We kill in war, and if we are threatened, and some want the death penalty. But abortion is murder, but welfare and programs to help the needy children is too much money spent by the government, but they hate this and that.............I get so confused sometimes on what some people really believe, I honestly do.
Maybe I'm wrong, but an eye for an eye is old testament, no? I thought Jesus was all about turning the other cheek...anyway, he didn't seem to like violence so I have to wonder why he'd like a tool that was invented to kill.

the gun was invented.... humans determine its use....

Okay, I've been thinking over what you've said. It isn't the tools we have, it is what we do with them. I suppose that makes sense. I still have to wonder though if Jesus would actually approve of all the tools we've come up with to destroy each other.

And Babble, your reasoning is still stupid. If and when Jesus returns to earth, it will be God's judgment as to who will be killed, not ours. And I think guns wouldn't work very well against demons.

he wouldn't approve or disaprove of their existance....he would comment on the individuals behaviour and use of them.....find me writings where he wanted to ban the weapons of the day....the trident or broad sword was just as leatal as a gun comparatively.....didn't david use a gun of sorts to slay goliath.....

he wouldn't approve or disaprove of their existance....he would comment on the individuals behaviour and use of them.....find me writings where he wanted to ban the weapons of the day....the trident or broad sword was just as leatal as a gun comparatively.....didn't david use a gun of sorts to slay goliath.....
Slingshot...Old Testament. I was never discussing the Old Testament.

Jeesh!

Slingshot...Old Testament. I was never discussing the Old Testament.

Jeesh!

what about.....he wouldn't approve or disaprove of their existance....he would comment on the individuals behaviour and use of them.....find me writings where he wanted to ban the weapons of the day....the trident or broad sword was just as leatal as a gun comparatively.....

Forum List

Back