Jesus and guns

Care, I don't understand the point you are trying to make.

i'm babbling! :D

i guess i am saying we should always strive to follow Jesus, in the way we live our lives...

He will know our 'heart' when judged on judgment day...if our falling short was true human failings or intentionally being evil...

the adulterer and the murderer and the one not honoring their parents or the one coveting your big house and nice car or wife....are all on equal footing...sin is sin....

the girl having an abortion vs, the guy desiring another man's wife or committing adultery or lying is no less a sin than any sin.....sin is sin, all forgivable through Christ's dying...(except the unforgivable sin)

i'm babbling again...trying to talk it through for myself and own reasoning i suppose...
Okay, I've been thinking over what you've said. It isn't the tools we have, it is what we do with them. I suppose that makes sense. I still have to wonder though if Jesus would actually approve of all the tools we've come up with to destroy each other.

And Babble, your reasoning is still stupid. If and when Jesus returns to earth, it will be God's judgment as to who will be killed, not ours. And I think guns wouldn't work very well against demons.

Ravi. Again. The final war will be not against demons only. The demons are already damned, and God will send them back to hell.

The war will be between heaven and hell, and man against man...those who side with hell, and those who side with God.

Read the bible before you embarass yourself further with your appalling ignorance on a subject you insist on opining about.

And because you're too pig-headed to actually read what you insist on rambling about, Ravi:

"Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?"
1 Corinthians 6:2

"And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel."
Matthew 19:28

"And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:"
Revelation 2:26

None of those verses are referring to judgment over demons. As I said, they've already been judged and thrown down.

"And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years."
Revelation 20:4

Alliebaba, I thought you would be in Heaven at the marriage supper of the Lamb.

Doesn't the Bible have a saying, "An eye for an eye?"

The Bible does have a saying "...eye for an eye.." but that is the Jew Bible not the Christian Bible. Our Saviour Jesus was the Prince of Peace. He would never kill anyone. Guns are powerless against Him.

In future please do not quote the Jew Bible and attribute them to Christianity. Obviously you are uneducated.

Yukon, you're starting to turn me on...................:eusa_drool:

I sure hope that's YOU posing in Ravi's avatar! :eusa_pray:

he wouldn't approve or disaprove of their existance....he would comment on the individuals behaviour and use of them.....find me writings where he wanted to ban the weapons of the day....the trident or broad sword was just as leatal as a gun comparatively.....didn't david use a gun of sorts to slay goliath.....
Slingshot...Old Testament. I was never discussing the Old Testament.

Jeesh!

what about.....he wouldn't approve or disaprove of their existance....he would comment on the individuals behaviour and use of them.....find me writings where he wanted to ban the weapons of the day....the trident or broad sword was just as leatal as a gun comparatively.....
I'm guessing you didn't read the post I made to Care? d'oh!

He didn't say to ban them, but he did say to put them away and turn the other cheek. IMO, he doesn't approve of weapons in general.

Babble, no offense, but you are a bear of very little brain.

Yeah, obviously I don't know what I'm talking about when I point out that your drivel about us fighting demons at the end and not needing guns must mean that Jesus is for gun control.

I'm equally brainless when I point out that your insistence that there will be no human judges when Christ returns is just complete ignorant bullshit.

You betcha, Ravi. I'm the dumb one. I'll refer you to the pathological liar thread now, so you can see how pathological liars typically react to being caught.

He didn't say to ban them, but he did say to put them away and turn the other cheek. IMO, he doesn't approve of weapons in general.

The heart of Jesus' message is the desire for peace. At one level, Jesus called people to follow him as a path to finding peace with God. Yet at a more experiential level, Jesus called people to be at peace with one another. Indeed, in the Sermon on the Mount we find one of Jesus' most forthright statements on the subject, "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God."

Given the fact that this statement appears in the list of what has been named the Beatitudes, those pithy sayings that stand as the most important ethical values Jesus lays out, peacemaking must assuredly be a core value and action for Jesus' followers.

Peacemaking not only reflects Jesus' teachings, it also mirrors the life of Jesus who came as the Prince of Peace. But what is required to be peacemakers and why must we be peacemakers?

Simply put, and without qualification, the kind of peacemaking Jesus commands requires nonviolent responses to evil. One of Jesus' most controversial statements also comes to us through Matthew's Sermon on the Mount.

Jesus states, "When someone strikes you on one cheek, turn and offer to him the other one." While many have tried to live true to this instruction of Jesus, more often than not Christians have found his command to turn from violence unsettling, and perhaps even ridiculous.

But we cannot negotiate with Jesus at this point, for his statement is very straightforward. If this is true, then why do we tend to avoid Jesus' clear command to turn the other cheek as an essential part of being nonviolent peacemakers?

The answer to that question lies in our failure to see that Jesus' definition of peacemaking also requires forgiveness. The central message of Scripture is that God so loved the world that God has forgiven the world. But God's forgiveness is not based on our paying restitution or in our suffering a penalty. God's forgiveness flows from God's unconditional love for humanity and a desire to make peace with us.

What Lies at the Heart of Jesus' Message? Peacemaking on EthicsDaily.com

Doesn't the Bible have a saying, "An eye for an eye?"

The Bible does have a saying "...eye for an eye.." but that is the Jew Bible not the Christian Bible. Our Saviour Jesus was the Prince of Peace. He would never kill anyone. Guns are powerless against Him.

In future please do not quote the Jew Bible and attribute them to Christianity. Obviously you are uneducated.

Yukon, you're starting to turn me on...................:eusa_drool:

I sure hope that's YOU posing in Ravi's avatar! :eusa_pray:

ravi has been put here by God, asking these questions of us Christians, making us relook at what Jesus has said regarding these issues of the day, showing our hypocrisy and the struggles we face with our own nature not being perfect, as Jesus was...yukon was put here as well, for similar reasons....imo

nothing wrong with having to soul search...makes better people in the long run, if they are open to receiving the word of Christ, in heart, body and mind....and act on it, for a change...

the reason Jesus wanted us to turn our cheek to our enemies and show love towards them, is because if we were perfect and did such, all in the name of Christ, as Christians, then more of the gentile world would be receptive to hearing the Word of God...at first the Christian showing his love through kindness towards his enemies may make the enemies angry or more angry, BUT the Bible says ''It will be like, burning coals on their heads'', lingering there...their own conscience will be on fire....not knowing how to deal with someone who is continually nice when they are rotten....

Then this opens the unbelieving gentile up for hearing the Gospel, God loves him, he sent us Jesus to die for sins just like his sins...etc.

So if we were perfect, we would die rather than kill another person trying to kill us...this is why Christ's suffering, the leading up to the crucifixion, and the crucifixion, was considered perfect and obedient to God's word, until his earthly death...

we are suppose to be true to Christ's word and be martyred if necessary....as all of the Apostles were is what i'm thinking...putting those burning coals on all those heads...

yes, we are falling way short of His Glory....

care

The heart of Jesus' message is the desire for peace. At one level, Jesus called people to follow him as a path to finding peace with God. Yet at a more experiential level, Jesus called people to be at peace with one another. Indeed, in the Sermon on the Mount we find one of Jesus' most forthright statements on the subject, "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God."

Given the fact that this statement appears in the list of what has been named the Beatitudes, those pithy sayings that stand as the most important ethical values Jesus lays out, peacemaking must assuredly be a core value and action for Jesus' followers.

Peacemaking not only reflects Jesus' teachings, it also mirrors the life of Jesus who came as the Prince of Peace. But what is required to be peacemakers and why must we be peacemakers?

Simply put, and without qualification, the kind of peacemaking Jesus commands requires nonviolent responses to evil. One of Jesus' most controversial statements also comes to us through Matthew's Sermon on the Mount.

Jesus states, "When someone strikes you on one cheek, turn and offer to him the other one." While many have tried to live true to this instruction of Jesus, more often than not Christians have found his command to turn from violence unsettling, and perhaps even ridiculous.

But we cannot negotiate with Jesus at this point, for his statement is very straightforward. If this is true, then why do we tend to avoid Jesus' clear command to turn the other cheek as an essential part of being nonviolent peacemakers?

The answer to that question lies in our failure to see that Jesus' definition of peacemaking also requires forgiveness. The central message of Scripture is that God so loved the world that God has forgiven the world. But God's forgiveness is not based on our paying restitution or in our suffering a penalty. God's forgiveness flows from God's unconditional love for humanity and a desire to make peace with us.
That pretty much squares with my op...thanks for posting it.

That pretty much squares with my op...thanks for posting it.

You're welcome. I just have one more point...

The Bible NEVER said, thou shalt not shoot 'em in the knee! :D

Last edited:
That's why he overturned the tables at the temple, and used a rope to beat the money changers.

Dear, I already told you CHristians don't speak for Jesus, despite your lame and dishonest attempts to draw them into doing so. I use biblical references to make my points. Since you're abysmally ignorant of the bible, of course it goes right over your head.

As I've said before, you really should read up before you venture into this field because you honestly just look really foolish.

he used a rope whip to chase them away, no where does it say he USED it on them to beat them, does it?

Forum List

Back