Jena 6 Story is a Classic Case of REVERSE RACISM!

Why hate anyone at all? Seems like a waste of emotional resources to me, and nothing good ever comes of it.

Brother, I could not disagree more. If our founding fathers didn't hate their British overlords, there would be no America. Hate is probably one of the more healthy, efficient and productive emotions going. It brings a cleansing burning to human affairs. It's honest, more honest than love. It's real. It gives courage to the cowardly, spines to the spineless, action to the slothful. It spurs revolutions.

Like love, it can get out of hand. It can bring about injustice. But we need it every bit as much as we need love in our world. Believe it.

Viva Hate.

Not at all, after all, this country has TRIED for over two hundred years to offer, and dispense equal justice for all.

Lmao...In the 1800's it was trying to dispense equal justice for all? Sorry, but no. It wasn't trying at all. Unless you take the view that blacks aren't included in the "all" category.

So you think the white guy who pulled the gun should not be prosecuted or should be?

My brand of justice? YOU know my brand of justice?

:eusa_naughty:

No I don't which is why I asked a question about it.

Brother, I could not disagree more. If our founding fathers didn't hate their British overlords, there would be no America. Hate is probably one of the more healthy, efficient and productive emotions going. It brings a cleansing burning to human affairs. It's honest, more honest than love. It's real. It gives courage to the cowardly, spines to the spineless, action to the slothful. It spurs revolutions.

Like love, it can get out of hand. It can bring about injustice. But we need it every bit as much as we need love in our world. Believe it.

Viva Hate.

I disagree. Hatred is not required to identify a problem and/or the proper corrective action. Hatred is an emotion. The more one is driven by emotion, the less they are driven by logic, common sense, and or fact. The less one is driven by the latter, the more illogical the decisions.

People driven by hatred, and even those driven by love, are irrational, and can be expected to make irrational decisions.

Even the FF's who you claim were driven by hate were in fact driven by a logical idealism, not just their emotions.

Originally Posted by Cynic-American
most people who attack others intend to damage the person they targeted.
(ie. kill)

OK if that's your interpretation why did you say THIS when asked about the white students who attacked an African American student at a party?

yeh, because he went there and started talking trash about one of the kids' gf.
He also called them "crackers".

OK, can you please hold the bus here because you are contradicting yourself all over this board. When black students beat up a white student you say "keep the turds in jail." When white students attack black students at a party with a deadly weapon AND pull a shotgun on black students in a store parking lot you seek to "explain" those actions away. So he talked some trash he therefore deserved to be beaten and have a beer bottle smashed over his head? The white kid in that crime was charged with SIMPLE BATTERY.

The issue with people like Cynic-American is that they don't know the facts of the story they have just knee-jerk responses to any issue around race and assume "well the African Americans involved MUST be wrong or at fault." It is the very definition of racism. In order to have racist ideas you have to forcefully ignore truth, rationality and logic. As Cynic-American has done throughout this very thread.

OK if that's your interpretation why did you say THIS when asked about the white students who attacked an African American student at a party?

OK, can you please hold the bus here because you are contradicting yourself all over this board. When black students beat up a white student you say "keep the turds in jail." When white students attack black students at a party with a deadly weapon AND pull a shotgun on black students in a store parking lot you seek to "explain" those actions away. So he talked some trash he therefore deserved to be beaten and have a beer bottle smashed over his head? The white kid in that crime was charged with SIMPLE BATTERY.

The issue with people like Cynic-American is that they don't know the facts of the story they have just knee-jerk responses to any issue around race and assume "well the African Americans involved MUST be wrong or at fault." It is the very definition of racism. In order to have racist ideas you have to forcefully ignore truth, rationality and logic. As Cynic-American has done throughout this very thread.

Talk is one thing, and cheap. The perpetrators of physical violence, and I don't care if they're chartreusse with flaming orange hair, need to be charged with the crime and thrown in jail.

Talk is one thing, and cheap. The perpetrators of physical violence, and I don't care if they're chartreusse with flaming orange hair, need to be charged with the crime and thrown in jail.

The point is that in this case it appears that this District Attorney has a seperate standard in charging White Students and Black Students. And that several posters in this thread do not mind one bit that is happening.

the problem with ignorant fucks like you is you dont know the whole story but you give your opinion anyway.
Perhaps you can do research before you spew forth verbal diarrhea.
I am not racist and for you to claim I am is laughable. You dont know shit about me. Both parties were wrong but for the kid to go to a party and start calling the attendees "crackers", well, something is bound to happen.
Oh right, you're a liberal, you know how everyone should act in every situation.

the problem with ignorant fucks like you is you dont know the whole story but you give your opinion anyway.
Perhaps you can do research before you spew forth verbal diarrhea.
I am not racist and for you to claim I am is laughable. You dont know shit about me. Both parties were wrong but for the kid to go to a party and start calling the attendees "crackers", well, something is bound to happen.
Oh right, you're a liberal, you know how everyone should act in every situation.

And if you pull a gun on someone you SHOULD be punished...regardless of race. Yes or no Cynic?

Both parties were wrong but for the kid to go to a party and start calling the attendees "crackers", well, something is bound to happen.

You misinterpret my argument completely. It's actually NOT about the acts of violence. It's about the double standard by the prosecutor and law enforcement (the issue, I note you refuse to acknowledge or even respond to). The problem isn't whether ANYONE "deserved" a beating. The issue is that when white kids commited assault they received one response from law enforcement and prosecutors office and African America kinds received another more aggressive prosecution. Period.

How about this. You list your knowledge of the Jena timeline and I'll list mine. We'll see which one is closer to what happened.

Lmao...so a gun is not a deadly weapon, but shoes are?

No...race has nothing to do with your contradictory opinions at all, I'm sure.

ah, another one who claims I am racist. You are funny. unintentionally of course.

CMS, I know the whole story and I stick by my beliefs. You wont change how I see the situation.

CMS, I know the whole story and I stick by my beliefs. You wont change how I see the situation.

If you are unwilling to have a full discusison about the Jena events and why/how you've reached your unshakeable conclusions then you can't get all in a huff when people interpret what seems to be your knee jerk reaction against African Americans as racist. Clearlty you "can" do what you want, just expect that the judgemens you seem to be annoyed by will happen and try not to go on a diatribe when they do.

Or, you can of do what this board is set up for, have a rational, objective discussion about this important social/political issue. If you're not willing or able to do that, well....

If you are unwilling to have a full discusison about the Jena events and why/how you've reached your unshakeable conclusions then you can't get all in a huff when people interpret what seems to be your knee jerk reaction against African Americans as racist. Clearlty you "can" do what you want, just expect that the judgemens you seem to be annoyed by will happen and try not to go on a diatribe when they do.

Or, you can of do what this board is set up for, have a rational, objective discussion about this important social/political issue. If you're not willing or able to do that, well....
you haven't justified your stance. When do you plan on doing that or do you want to continue this ad hominem crap?

you haven't justified your stance. When do you plan on doing that or do you want to continue this ad hominem crap?

I did that in a post above that you didn't respond to, but I have no problem repeating myself and making a few additional points. Here's what I said just a bit ago.

Originally Posted by CorpMediaSux
You misinterpret my argument completely. It's actually NOT about the acts of violence. It's about the double standard by the prosecutor and law enforcement (the issue, I note you refuse to acknowledge or even respond to). The problem isn't whether ANYONE "deserved" a beating. The issue is that when white kids commited assault they received one response from law enforcement and prosecutors office and African America kids received another more aggressive prosecution. Period.

The reason I asked you to present your understanding of the Jena 6 timeline is that the black teens who beat up white teen did not act in a vaccuum and, more importantly, there had been acts of criminal violence by white teens beofre this beating and the prosecutorial response was minimal at best. White students who threatened a lynching were suspended not expelled. Black students who protested the hanging of the noose and the in-school suspensions for the perpetrators were threatened by the local prosecutor at a school assembly. White students who attacked and beat black students at a party received a charge of "simple battery." You have said "well he shouldnt have talked shit at a party." But if this is about the law and following the law, I didn't realize someone making fun of your girlfriend was a defense against assault. It seems that it is if you're white and live in Jena.

Worse, a white student pulled. a. shotgun. on African American students in a store parking lot. When those students took the shotgun from him THEY were charged with theft Again, how is that not racist?

threatening does not = physical violence.
Next!

My post is longer than that, includes other examples and never says that "threatning = physical violence." You challenged me to defend my stance, when I do you pick and chose phrases from my post, respond only to that and ignore the rest. Again, if you don't want to have a real debate it's all good. But if you do you should address my positions. I take the time to address yours.

Forum List

Back