Jena 6 Story is a Classic Case of REVERSE RACISM!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by GHook93, Sep 20, 2007.

1. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    This story infuriates me to no limits. This six black teens are made out to be heros, yet the kick the living shit out of 1 person. From what I understand they didn't stop even when he was knocked out. They kept beating him. It would be an insult to the victim if they didn't push for attempted murder charges.:wtf:

Now the Blacks want to even try to make a connection between a noose hung from a tree and horrendous assault. AMAZING.

Here is a fact. Reverse racism is becoming much more of a problem than the good old fashion racism.

Note: It is also an insult to have Mos Def at anything promoting intellect. Any American that is as ignorant as he is and hates his country as much as he does, does not deserve to remain here and make a fortune off of it. Hey Mos Def, true Islam is not going to let you sing.

2. CorpMediaSux

CorpMediaSux Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I very much disagree with you. Two white students engaged in felonious behaviour on the eve of the Jena 6 beating. The first attacked an African American student at a party because he thought no blacks should be allowed, he smashed a beer bottle over this students head. The second pulled a shotgun on a black student in the school parking lot and was charfed with NOTHING. Now yes, those Jena boys did beat up the white kid pretty bady. But Attempted MURDER? I'm sorry but no. And these guys are being tried as adults which is 100% illegal, which is why the verdict was overturned. Sorry man, there's no reverse racism here.

3. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    Do you have a link to back this up? If this is true it would definitely affect my opinion.

Beating someone while they are unconcious can be charged as attempted murder.

4. CorpMediaSux

CorpMediaSux Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Apparently Im not allowed to post URLs yet because I haven't made 15 posts or more, but the following is from a recent article in the Louisiana Weekly, easily searchable on google.

Like if thats not institutional racism, then what is??

5. jasendorf

jasendorf Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Never ceases to amaze me at the level of ***astonishment*** and ***outrage*** conservatives have over "the race card." But then are inversely ho-hum when someone hangs a noose from a tree...

6. DiogenesDog

DiogenesDog Zen Bonobo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    There are many versions of the development of this story. What started as simple request by a group of students to sit under a specific tree has turned into a very ugly and convoluted continuing event.

Start here http://tinyurl.com/ywswt4 and pick it apart. There are many versions, so check it all out.

I must apologize if I do not put it all together for you but I fear some here might find my biases "politically correct" and those "some-here" are the sole referees on PC content.

I avoid spoon feeding at all cost.

I AM

7. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    I love how liberal always start with name-calling someone a neo-con. :mad:

I personally think the hanging of the noose was horrendous. The white students that did this should have received a much harsher punishment.

The crime here was 6 students beating 1 to a bloody pulp, in which they continued to beat on him while he was unconcious. That is a horrendous act. The Jena 6 should have received the same harsh punishment if thge victim was black. There is absolutely no excuse for their actions. :rofl:

8. jasendorf

jasendorf Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +76
    1) You know, you quoted me, so it's painfully obvious I never used the term neo-con. If you're going to make something up, don't quote the source you're going to make stuff up about... wait a couple pages and then don't quote... it'll make the lie more believable.

2) "bloody pulp"? The dude didn't even get stitches... he was at a "ring ceremony" the same night... he self-reported that he had "some bruises and a black eye."

"bloody pulp"? You decide:
    [​IMG]

3) "The Jena 6 should have received the same harsh punishment if the victim was black." Well, the problem is that there was a white group of boys who beat up a black kid... the same kid who lashed out at this white kid for cracking on him about "getting his ass whupped." Only one of those kids were charged... and they were charged with simple battery. These black kids were all charged with attempted murder. If you don't see the disparity then you're simply turning a blind eye.

9. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I would like to point out that there is no such thing as "reverse-racism." Either it's racism or it isn't.

10. LiberPublicrat2

LiberPublicrat2 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    All the kids, and I mean ALL that were involved from the very begining who comitted any crime, should be punished. Race shouldn't have anything to do with it other than evidence of how all this mess started.