It's time!

The Second Amendment made sense when ratified in 1791; then no police departments existed, no 911 telephone service existed and most citizens lived in rural communities. A musket firing a ball may have protected a community from an oppressive government, but today small arms cannot stand up to any 21st military and it is beyond foolish to believe they can stand up to ours.

No one needs a high velocity weapon able to fire 30 or more rounds as quickly as they can pull the trigger; such a firearm was inconceivable to those in the 18th century.

It's time to pass sensible gun regulations.

The Second Amendment made sense when ratified in 1791; then no police departments existed, no 911 telephone service existed and most citizens lived in rural communities. A musket firing a ball may have protected a community from an oppressive government, but today small arms cannot stand up to any 21st military and it is beyond foolish to believe they can stand up to ours.

No one needs a high velocity weapon able to fire 30 or more rounds as quickly as they can pull the trigger; such a firearm was inconceivable to those in the 18th century.

We already have sensible gun regulations. What you want is banning and/or confiscation of several classes of common firearms designed for civillian use. What you also crave are useless regulations that will do nothing to deter criminals, and just make it harder for law abiding citizens to purchase the weapons they want.

At least be honest about it, gun grabber.

They didn't have a police department, but they did have Sheriff's. In 1626, the New York City Sheriff's Office was founded.
In 1791 we had the first recorded police death.
You are mistaken to think that our military will side with a dictatorial or totalitarian government.
The majority of them would be on the side of the American Civilians.

Hello McFly?

Anyone home in that head of yours?

Connecticut has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country and the result is that 27 people are dead. Gun laws don't work have never worked and never will work.

You guys aren't about saving lives, your about doing or saying anything, no matter how illogical it is or as stupid it sounds as long as it's a poke in the eye of people on the right.

Go soak your head dumbass.

It's the bill of rights, not bill of needs. Nobody needs to have anal sec despite all the stds, HIV, Anal cancers either. So mind your own business you liberal fruit.

We already have sensible gun regulations. What you want is banning and/or confiscation of several classes of common firearms designed for civillian use. What you also crave are useless regulations that will do nothing to deter criminals, and just make it harder for law "abiding citizens to purchase the weapons they want.

At least be honest about it, gun grabber.

At least be honest??? What is this:

No civilian needs a high velocity weapon able to fire 30 or more rounds as quickly as they can pull the trigger"!

You're damn right I want these weapons out of the hands of civilians - how many mass killers were law abiding before they killed others? I really wonder, as fucked up - and I mean that clinically - some of you gun huggers are if you shouldn't be examined to see if you're psychologically fit to own any firearm.

They didn't have a police department, but they did have Sheriff's. In 1626, the New York City Sheriff's Office was founded.
You are mistaken to think that our military will side with a dictatorial or totalitarian government.

You need to post a link, my research says differently and I posted a source. I'm curious as to the responsibilities of a 17th century sheriff - my guess is they collected taxes, served warrants and generally were support staff to elected officials and judges.

You need to post a link, my research says differently and I posted a source. I'm curious as to the responsibilities of a 17th century sheriff - my guess is they collected taxes, served warrants and generally were support staff to elected officials and judges.

How about opening & reading a U.S. History book, instead of many incorrect internet information that is out there.
My Step Dad was a detective for the Denver Police Dept. so I know the history and the start of them. Their duties were pretty much the same as now, keeping the city streets safe.
Sheriff's patrolled the whole county just like they do now.

Last edited:

The Branch Davidians had lots of guns. The guy from Ruby Ridge had guns. The Confererate States of America had armies.

Did them a lot of good, didn't it?

If you live your life decently and don't bother anyone else, you don't really have to protect yourself against anything.

"But the tyranical government is crushing my rights ...................." Your right to WHAT? SHOOT someone?

They've done something far worse. They took your real rights away from you when they fostered their concept of voting for people instead of issues. Because now, they have enslaved you to their spending, which our economy cannot live without.

That happened long ago.

Let me see, you think police, whom the Supreme Court have repeatedly said have no duty to protect people, prove people do not need to protect themselves from criminals. Your logic, as always, lacks a foundation.

"Your right to keep and own a gun... is NOT the right to shoot at a deer, its the right to shoot at the government if it is taken over by tyrants" -- Judge Andrew Napolitano

He would have made a great SCOTUS appointment

Let me see, you think police, whom the Supreme Court have repeatedly said have no duty to protect people, prove people do not need to protect themselves from criminals. Your logic, as always, lacks a foundation.

You ever been robbed?

Curious ................ and be honest, please.

I've never been robbed, or mugged, or anything. And even if it DID happen, who's to say my being armed would have stopped it? Cripes, EVERYONE in the Old West was armed, and guess what? Crime occured anyway.

I can turn your argument on its head all day long.

No.......it's not. You are welcome to work towards repealing the 2nd amendment if you want. Until then, it is a Constitutional right.

You ever been robbed?

I've never been robbed, or mugged, or anything. And even if it DID happen, who's to say my being armed would have stopped it? Cripes, EVERYONE in the Old West was armed, and guess what? Crime occured anyway.

Thankfully your arguments are irrelevant to our Second Amendment rights

You ever been robbed?

Yes, I have been robbed. I was on my way to a place where it was illegal to carry a gun, and there were two of them, what's your point?

By the way, the only people who think that everyone in the Old West were armed are the people that watch stupid movies about the Old West.

The Branch Davidians had lots of guns. The guy from Ruby Ridge had guns. The Confererate States of America had armies.

Did them a lot of good, didn't it?

If you live your life decently and don't bother anyone else, you don't really have to protect yourself against anything.

"But the tyranical government is crushing my rights ...................." Your right to WHAT? SHOOT someone?

They've done something far worse. They took your real rights away from you when they fostered their concept of voting for people instead of issues. Because now, they have enslaved you to their spending, which our economy cannot live without.

That happened long ago.

Are you telling us now that all those children in CT, and others around the country, were indecent and bothered others, that they didn't need or deserve protection from the evil, sick minds that attacked them?
Like it or not, we have the RIGHT to protect ourselves, our families, and our homes. And if that means I have to shoot someone to do so, you can damned well count on one dead perp.

You ever been robbed?

who's to say you wouldn't of stopped it?
see a lot of people can play those games

No.......it's not. You are welcome to work towards repealing the 2nd amendment if you want. Until then, it is a Constitutional right.

We need our second amendment. How else are we going to stock our well regulated militias?

How about opening & reading a U.S. History book, instead of many incorrect internet information that is out there.
My Step Dad was a detective for the Denver Police Dept. so I know the history and the start of them. Their duties were pretty much the same as now, keeping the city streets safe.
Sheriff's patrolled the whole county just like they do now.

Bullshit.

Forum List

Back