It's time!

Obviously you can not stop all gun violence. But, we are among the worst in the world in gun deaths. Maybe looking at why other countries have fewer deaths, by huge percentages, may be of help in deciding what could be done here. Saying that nothing could have been done is simply the same statement used over and over by the gun rights nuts.

Let's look at Switzerland.

snopes.com: Gun Ownership in Switzerland

I would have no problem with that...tied with manditory military service as they have.

I doubt that because the court has ruled
"all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense" and that "when called for service these men were expected to appear bearing arms supplied by themselves and of the kind in common use at the time."

I don't know of any legal gun control measure that would have prevented the Sandy Hook tragedy. That's not to say the laws shouldn't be tightened up some, maybe a future event such as this won't happen. And maybe schools better take a look at their security, did this place have cameras watching the entrance? But let's not kid ourselves, total prevention is probably not possible.

you can't look at this to fix it 100%, you can't. You need to play the odds on what will work the best.

Saying This is going to happen so we can't have tougher gun laws and we can't make our schools into prisons, is a pathetic answer.

Which isnt what you did.

Warbler thinks the government can't take his guns away!

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Hold them off, Warbler! They're just pussy SWAT teams!
laugh3.gif

Warbler thinks the government can't take his guns away!

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Hold them off, Warbler! They're just pussy SWAT teams!
laugh3.gif

Dude, I am not going to go into details for obvious reasons, but have you been keeping up with current events?

A bunch of people who are not exactly the most advanced technologically or numerous JUST KICKED OUR ASSES IN IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN.

Not to criticize our military, as our troops have had their hands tied mostly.

But if these 13th century Third Worlders can do that even using old Enfields, you cant imagine that the most heavily armed and trained group of civilians on this planet cant do BETTER THAN THAT?

And if Warbler or anyone else is shooting back at a SWAT team he has already blown his game. The way to fight such government forces is to take the attack to them with IEDs and direct personal assassinations, like Michael Collins did leading the IRA.

You really dont know what the hell you are talking about, that much is apparent.

Good God I pray it never comes to such; it will be worse than the Civil War.

Last edited:
There is nothing to debate. Look at the old assault weapons ban.

Since assault weapons function exactly identically to every other semi automatic firearm, the criteria was "does the rifle have a pistol group?", "does the rifle have a flash suppressor?"

And what did the firearm manufacturers do?

They built the exact same weapon without the pistol grip or flash suppressor...because the ban was on cosmetic details, not the way the weapon functioned.

IOW, it was a ridiculously stupid idea.

You are wasting your time trying to essplain anything to libtards.

They dont give a shit if what they suggest can actually work or not.

Its all politics to them and nothing more.

I don't know of any legal gun control measure that would have prevented the Sandy Hook tragedy. That's not to say the laws shouldn't be tightened up some, maybe a future event such as this won't happen. And maybe schools better take a look at their security, did this place have cameras watching the entrance? But let's not kid ourselves, total prevention is probably not possible.

you can't look at this to fix it 100%, you can't. You need to play the odds on what will work the best.

Then we should look at the track record of nations that have STOPPED this kind of thing, like the Isrealis, get it?

A well armed assailant being necessary to shoot up movie theaters, shopping malls and first grade classrooms, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

A well armed assailant being necessary to shoot up movie theaters, shopping malls and first grade classrooms, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

And can be stopped by one person with their own gun.

Like the movie theater in Texas.
Terror at Southwest Side Movie Theater, as Gunman, Patron Shot in Lobby - NewsRadio 1200 WOAI, San Antonio

Or a mall in Oregon.

Oregon Gun Owner Stops Clackamas Shooting Spree, Proving Guns Save Lives

If we could just ban the hopelessly stupid and put controls on these types frantic emotions.

I would ban stupid before I banned, or infringed the right to bear arms.

Nah, we can just revise the entire consitution to fit the liberal agenda. It would only take one phrase:

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

Forum List

Back