How Does Marijuana Affect Driving?

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV

Answer: Marijuana has serious harmful effects on the skills required to drive safely: alertness, the ability to concentrate, coordination, and the ability to react quickly. These effects can last up to 24 hours after smoking marijuana. Marijuana use can make it difficult to judge distances and react to signals and sounds on the road.

Marijuana may play a role in car accidents. In one study conducted in Memphis, TN, researchers found that, of 150 reckless drivers who were tested for drugs at the arrest scene, 33 percent tested positive for marijuana, and 12 percent tested positive for both marijuana and cocaine.

Data have also shown that while smoking marijuana, people show the same lack of coordination on standard "drunk driver" tests as do people who have had too much to drink.

Didn't you folks in Colorado and Washington just legalize pot?

There is a solution to this - go back to driving cars built before the 70's. Something like this:

images

Classy and built like a tank!!! :cool:

Here's my response:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxl-MXc2GyA]Can't Find My Way Home (acoustic cover on a T-170) - YouTube[/ame]

There is a solution to this - go back to driving cars built before the 70's. Something like this:

images

I like sixties cars, but sadly, when they crash at over 30mph, they kill you =(.
On the OP, um, yeah.

In my experience, when you stop at a red light for fifteen minutes and it turns out to be the Moon, perhaps you shouldn't smoke and drive.

Just sayin'.

images

I like sixties cars, but sadly, when they crash at over 30mph, they kill you =(.
On the OP, um, yeah.

Not true. I crashed a 63 Buick Wildcat at 120 mph ... no seat belt on ..Me..not a scatch..just some right front damage on the car. I wasn't high on anything..just a teenager screwing around and driving too fast.

$63-Buick_Wildcat-ConvCpe_DV-08_GMG_01.jpg

Last edited:

images

On the OP, um, yeah.

Not true. I crashed a 63 Buick Wildcat at 120 mph ... no seat belt on ..Me..not a scatch..just some right front damage on the car. I wasn't high on anything..just a teenager screwing around and driving too fast.

View attachment 23127

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtxd27jlZ_g]1959 Chevrolet Bel Air vs. 2009 Chevrolet Malibu crash test - YouTube[/ame]
=( I don't have a vid for a new car vs a 1960s model, but I imagine it not being too different.
Never heard of the wild cat, looks cool though.

images

On the OP, um, yeah.

View attachment 23127

I've never been in a wreck, but I've done some dumb shit that makes me wonder how I've lived to 26.

images

On the OP, um, yeah.

Well, we all hafta die, and what better way is there to go besides being in a really nice car? OK, I admit that having a heart attack caused by extreme sexual activity may top the list, but ending it all in a nice car is still .... nifty.

On the OP, um, yeah.

View attachment 23127

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtxd27jlZ_g]1959 Chevrolet Bel Air vs. 2009 Chevrolet Malibu crash test - YouTube[/ame]
=( I don't have a vid for a new car vs a 1960s model, but I imagine it not being too different.

wow... that was pretty effin' cool...

too bad they had to waste the '59 Chevy, though...

I don't know about everyone else, but when I used to smoke and drive I'd be going 40 mph and think I was just FLYIN'!

For pot smokers to drive... They must first get off their parents couch.

View attachment 23127

wow... that was pretty effin' cool...

too bad they had to waste the '59 Chevy, though...

eh, body on frame is easy to fix. It is sucky though =(

Forum List

Back