It's Time: Which Candidate Do You Currently Favor?

You have, in no sense whatsoever, reassured me as to his abilities.
We may just be judging the candidates differently.

I like the idea that were going to approach certain issues from a certain angle. I think that Trump's placed those angles well. His theme-based campaigning is more like what is expected in the business world. The CEOs with a plan or a system, the Nardellis and Fiorinas, are perceived to do poorly. You have to take the job and use the company to pursue thematic objectives the way it knows best.

The 5-point-plan group are using a deprecated way of communicating these themes, so Trump's Twitter game is publicly defiling them in the polls.

"Theme-based campaigning". Is that what you call, "We don't need no steenkeeng plan. Just vote for me and I'll make it better. That's all you need to know"?

And may I remind you that we're not TALKING about business here? We're talking about the Presidency of the United States. Even if one accepts the idea that CEOs just spout generalized platitudes and vague mission statements - which I don't, because it's ridiculous and childish, anyway - the President definitely cannot. The best Presidents have a clear mission statement AND a plan as to how to achieve it.

If you think voting for someone who says, "We're gonna handle it", and provides no answer as to HOW is a great idea, then you go on with your bad self. Myself, I've already lived through almost eight years of a vague, platitudinous gasbag who has nothing to offer but his overall wonderfulness, and I'm tired of it.

If Donald Trump wants my vote, he'd better get the fuck off Twitter and start offering some solid, serious, adult thoughts on what's wrong and how to make it right.
He provides answers in his book. 12 bucks for a kindle version. He sounds a lot smarter in print.

How about no? He wants my vote, he'll fucking tell me his plan for free, and be grateful that I took the time to listen.

Hillary sounds smarter in print, too. Most people with ghostwriters do.
There is a web site where his positions on all the issues are listed. I would post it now but am on my tablet. Why are you demanding more then any other candidate? They all have web sites describing the details so they dont have to waste precious tv time to do so. They all do it . You are demanding more from trump than you are demanding from the other candidates.

Yeah, see, that's the thing. There ARE sites like that, but they can only post as much as they're provided. My personal favorite is OnTheIssues.org, which helpfully provides the actual candidate quotes/voting records (when applicable) that provide the position. Let's look at an example of Trump's "policies":

This is the section on Foreign Policy (kind of important).
  • Let Russia bash ISIS; let Germany defend Ukraine. (Nov 2015)
  • Provide economic assistance to create a safe zone in Syria. (Oct 2015)
  • US should not train rebels it does not know or control. (Oct 2015)
  • Better to have Mideast strongmen than Mideast chaos. (Oct 2015)
  • Good that Russia is involved in Syria. (Oct 2015)
  • Diplomacy & respect crucial to our relationship with Russia. (Sep 2015)
  • Putin has no respect for America; I will get along with him. (Sep 2015)
  • We must deal with the maniac in North Korea with nukes. (Sep 2015)
  • More sanctions on Iran; more support of Israel. (Jun 2015)
  • China is our enemy; they're bilking us for billions. (Dec 2011)
  • When you love America, you protect it with no apologies. (Dec 2011)
  • By 2027, tsunami as China overtakes US as largest economy. (Dec 2011)
  • Things change; empires come and go. (Apr 2010)
  • Criticized Buchanan’s view on Hitler as appeasement. (Jul 2000)
  • Post-Cold War: switch from chess player to dealmaker. (Jul 2000)
  • Support Russia, but with strings attached. (Jul 2000)
  • China: lack of human rights prevents consumer development. (Jul 2000)
  • Be tougher on China-we’re too eager to please. (Jul 2000)
Out of 18 points, I see . . . two actual policies: isolationism in regards to violent spots, and general opposition to all things China. Everything else is just repetitions of this, or assurances that he's so wonderful, he'll be able to "get along with" people and "negotiate" our way out of trouble. And at least THIS section isn't full of waffling. Many of the others are much more vague and confusing and, dare I say it, pandering.

I like the idea that were going to approach certain issues from a certain angle. I think that Trump's placed those angles well. His theme-based campaigning is more like what is expected in the business world. The CEOs with a plan or a system, the Nardellis and Fiorinas, are perceived to do poorly. You have to take the job and use the company to pursue thematic objectives the way it knows best.

The 5-point-plan group are using a deprecated way of communicating these themes, so Trump's Twitter game is publicly defiling them in the polls.

"Theme-based campaigning". Is that what you call, "We don't need no steenkeeng plan. Just vote for me and I'll make it better. That's all you need to know"?

And may I remind you that we're not TALKING about business here? We're talking about the Presidency of the United States. Even if one accepts the idea that CEOs just spout generalized platitudes and vague mission statements - which I don't, because it's ridiculous and childish, anyway - the President definitely cannot. The best Presidents have a clear mission statement AND a plan as to how to achieve it.

If you think voting for someone who says, "We're gonna handle it", and provides no answer as to HOW is a great idea, then you go on with your bad self. Myself, I've already lived through almost eight years of a vague, platitudinous gasbag who has nothing to offer but his overall wonderfulness, and I'm tired of it.

If Donald Trump wants my vote, he'd better get the fuck off Twitter and start offering some solid, serious, adult thoughts on what's wrong and how to make it right.
He provides answers in his book. 12 bucks for a kindle version. He sounds a lot smarter in print.

How about no? He wants my vote, he'll fucking tell me his plan for free, and be grateful that I took the time to listen.

There is a web site where his positions on all the issues are listed. I would post it now but am on my tablet. Why are you demanding more then any other candidate? They all have web sites describing the details so they dont have to waste precious tv time to do so. They all do it . You are demanding more from trump than you are demanding from the other candidates.
visit this site --> Donald Trump on the Issues it's free. Every Candidate has one.

If you're done throwing blank website addresses at me, perhaps you can tell me what actual policy proposals YOU are seeing there. I'm not much for simply implying that something exists on a website link; show it to me.

I think we're approaching the point in the campaign where the voters who aren't hardcore support bases and campaign workers are starting to get a feel for the candidates and leaning one direction or the other, although we obviously still have a lot of time before it's necessary to make a final choice.

So which candidate are you currently favoring, and why?

For myself, I'm currently throwing my support to Ted Cruz. As I've said in other places, he's smart, principled, conservative, and has shown himself to be willing and able to take on and oppose both the Democrats and the establishment of the GOP.
While I reserve the right to revise and extend my remarks, I do favor Ted Cruz at this time. I think a Cruz/Rubio ticket would be a winner.

Trump is an arrogant, super-rich redneck with little other than extreme success in the business world to speak for him. He has no Presidential qualities. His main draw rests in saying what rednecks want to hear...like "I would bomb the shit out of them!"

His puerile attacks on the other candidates and insensitive mocking of a disabled journalist have given him too many demerits to recover from.

Had he, from the beginning displayed a statesmanlike demeanor and a gentleman's choice of words in constructing sentences, I would likely have him at the top of my list at this time.

I am a refined redneck.

Bush has no chance of obtaining my backing....unless he gets nominated without it.

ANYBODY but Hillary!

Yeah, see, that's the thing. There ARE sites like that, but they can only post as much as they're provided. My personal favorite is OnTheIssues.org, which helpfully provides the actual candidate quotes/voting records (when applicable) that provide the position. Let's look at an example of Trump's "policies":

Out of 18 points, I see . . . two actual policies: isolationism in regards to violent spots, and general opposition to all things China. Everything else is just repetitions of this, or assurances that he's so wonderful, he'll be able to "get along with" people and "negotiate" our way out of trouble. And at least THIS section isn't full of waffling. Many of the others are much more vague and confusing and, dare I say it, pandering.
I don't see a problem with what he's said here.

visit this site --> Donald Trump on the Issues it's free. Every Candidate has one.

If you're done throwing blank website addresses at me, perhaps you can tell me what actual policy proposals YOU are seeing there. I'm not much for simply implying that something exists on a website link; show it to me.
I already gave you a bullet list, you asking me to do it again?

I don't see a problem with what he's said here.

It's incredibly vague and general, as I keep saying. I need a lot more than, "Be tougher on China." Oh, really? HOW?! "Support Russia, but with strings attached." WHAT strings?

I am also extremely bothered by the issues he's "evolved" on very, very recently, almost as if he's trying to position himself to appeal to conservatives.

Trump.. and I'm not the only one. The rest of my friends are voting for him too.
Good! Invite the rest of your friends to this board! The more Trump fans the better! Glad you are here, Antimatter.

Indeed. The Trump candidacy is a fantastic "teachable moment".
For those who are teachable? Yes. For those who are not open to truth and political incorrectness? Not so much, dblack. Not so much.

Trump.. and I'm not the only one. The rest of my friends are voting for him too.
Good! Invite the rest of your friends to this board! The more Trump fans the better! Glad you are here, Antimatter.

Indeed. The Trump candidacy is a fantastic "teachable moment".
For those who are teachable? Yes. For those who are not open to truth and political incorrectness? Not so much, dblack. Not so much.

True that! "Stupid is as stupid does."

Forum List

Back