It's Time: Which Candidate Do You Currently Favor?

Cecilie1200

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I think we're approaching the point in the campaign where the voters who aren't hardcore support bases and campaign workers are starting to get a feel for the candidates and leaning one direction or the other, although we obviously still have a lot of time before it's necessary to make a final choice.

So which candidate are you currently favoring, and why?

For myself, I'm currently throwing my support to Ted Cruz. As I've said in other places, he's smart, principled, conservative, and has shown himself to be willing and able to take on and oppose both the Democrats and the establishment of the GOP.

No it isn't "time". This isn't even an election year. Get a ride to a clue store.

If Bernie Sanders does not get the nomination, I would probably go for Ted Cruze.

There is no friggin way I would ever vote for Hillary. Or Trump. Or Bush.

I can't vote for Bernie in the primaries because I am a registered Republican.

If Bernie Sanders does not get the nomination, I would probably go for Ted Cruze.

I'm definitely curious about the "why" on this one. How do you go from Bernie to Cruz as your first and second?

And the other half of the topic was "Why?"

Honestly, because he isn't a politician. Also because he's rich already and not sucking up to billionaire donors doing their bidding. Every other GOP and Dem both are with the exception of Carson. But Carson's a religious crazy person.

I don't worry a lot about donors as a rule. I think it tells you a lot about a candidate to see which donors they align with, but as a general rule, I think ideology decides donors, rather than donors deciding ideology.

I am obviously looking for a conservative candidate, and I want someone who isn't chummy with the GOP establishment, but I'm very dubious about people who have no experience with the specific skill set of working in the government. I think Obama has shown us how disastrous a complete neophyte can be.

I'm definitely curious about the "why" on this one. How do you go from Bernie to Cruz as your first and second?
Good question. Perhaps it is the order of honesty and integrity. Bernie has real issues. Most everyone else just does tired old talking points.

Good question. Perhaps it is the order of honesty and integrity. Bernie has real issues. Most everyone else just does tired old talking points.

Yes, but aside from liking his issues, what do you think of his position on them? And how do you go from liking Bernie to liking Cruz as a second choice, when their positions on the issues are so diametrically opposed?

For me it 'way early to throw my support behind any candidate. A lot can happen between now and the convention.

That said, it can be well guaranteed that I will support whoever is not the Democrat candidate. I only vote for Americans.

For me it 'way early to throw my support behind any candidate. A lot can happen between now and the convention.

That said, it can be well guaranteed that I will support whoever is not the Democrat candidate. I only vote for Americans.

Certainly a valid position. I'm hoping this thread will continue and chronicle people's journey through the process and any changes in their leanings and focus.

That being said, do you have anyone in particular who's currently appealing?

Certainly a valid position. I'm hoping this thread will continue and chronicle people's journey through the process and any changes in their leanings and focus.

Rubio, Cruz and Carson all have points on the board. I am not convinced Trump is who he is trying to appear to be. I am ambivalent thus far to Fiorina. She might be fine in an attack-dog role. She's well-spoken but hasn't shown me nearly enough.

The others, pffft.

I think we're approaching the point in the campaign where the voters who aren't hardcore support bases and campaign workers are starting to get a feel for the candidates and leaning one direction or the other, although we obviously still have a lot of time before it's necessary to make a final choice.

So which candidate are you currently favoring, and why?

For myself, I'm currently throwing my support to Ted Cruz. As I've said in other places, he's smart, principled, conservative, and has shown himself to be willing and able to take on and oppose both the Democrats and the establishment of the GOP.

Totally agree with you about Cruz. He is the best candidate for the next president. He will remove the regressive and destructive policies of the democrooks and the moonbat messiah. America will once again be a prosperous country, and we will have a CINC that commands respect from turd world despots. Our military will once again terrify nefarious actors, an it won't be used for social experiments by deviant libtard perverts. Illegals will be sent home, oxygen thieves will be motivated by hunger to be productive, and bed wetting parasites might even emigrate to Cuba.

I have a feeling Fiorina will be the VP pick. My POTUS pick right now is Rubio. He seems to be up on the issues very well, and can articulate his positions and reasoning with clarity. Both Trump and Carson pale in comparison and I think are more personality favorites. I like Cruz too for the same reasons but I'm afraid he will have more trouble bringing in the middle roader/undecided/can't be bothered constituents, the ones that decide our fate.

Clinton, or anyone that isn't a TEA MAGGOT, or a Repuke...

Repugs have lost the popular vote in 5 of the last 6 Presidential elections, and next year will be 6 out of 7..

Rubio, Cruz and Carson all have points on the board. I am not convinced Trump is who he is trying to appear to be. I am ambivalent thus far to Fiorina. She might be fine in an attack-dog role. She's well-spoken but hasn't shown me nearly enough.

The others, pffft.

Carson is a good man, with good positions. I'm still really dubious about the lack of applicable experience. I want an outsider, but not an amateur.

Rubio utterly lost me on the subject of immigration, but I could definitely accept him as a VP.

Fiorina bores me, to be honest. And Trump is all flash and bombast, and very likely to burn himself out as the campaign gets serious.

I have a feeling Fiorina will be the VP pick. My POTUS pick right now is Rubio. He seems to be up on the issues very well, and can articulate his positions and reasoning with clarity. Both Trump and Carson pale in comparison and I think are more personality favorites. I like Cruz too for the same reasons but I'm afraid he will have more trouble bringing in the middle roader/undecided/can't be bothered constituents, the ones that decide our fate.

I think Cruz's campaign has been very strategically hanging back in the early stages and letting the "celebrity" candidates take the first hits while he positions himself for a later breakout. That being said, I think he has a definite plan for appealing to moderates as well.

Clinton, or anyone that isn't a TEA MAGGOT, or a Repuke...

Repugs have lost the popular vote in 5 of the last 6 Presidential elections, and next year will be 6 out of 7..

Well, that was utterly pointless and a waste of space. Your belief that you had something to share was as funny as it was wrong.

Forum List

Back