It's time to stop the Segregation of Gender in the Military...

While it is the right thing to do, it isn't the right time to do it. I am hoping it is worked in over time as the soldiers can mentally prepare themselves for the adjustment. I imagine it would be like taking a shower with a member of the opposite sex that you had just met, otherwise.

I support gay rights because I see it as a human right. How this shakes out in the future will be determined by the conduct of all soldiers.

Are men and women segregated in the showers because people think men will get horny and rape the women?

Common Sexual Attraction of 95% of the Species.

Rape is Probably a Consideration, but the overall Concern for Distractions from Sexual Attraction being Agitated by Nudity had to be Primary.

:)

peace...

Its not really like that in the Military though, I was in for 7 years and you usually only shower together in basic training, maybe during an exercise or a deployment to a bare base. I myself only showered with other people during basic and that was it, and during basic you are so tired and worn out from all your training the last thing in your mind is sneaking a peek in the shower, which is why gay service members don't get found out during basic. There really aren't any gay/bi guys getting boners in the shower because if that was the case the Military would be weeding out the gay/bi people in the first weeks of training. I think co-ed showers could work and it would save money and space having to have separate showers for men, women and anyone else who wants one.

Apparently mal thinks civil rights should be denied to people because the military will not be able to designated straight, gay, male or female shower times.

Funny stuff.

While it is the right thing to do, it isn't the right time to do it. I am hoping it is worked in over time as the soldiers can mentally prepare themselves for the adjustment. I imagine it would be like taking a shower with a member of the opposite sex that you had just met, otherwise.

Good point but I think overtime it would stop being a big deal once everyone is accustomed to it, besides showers in basic training is very fast and you don't have that much time, its not like you get a 30 minute shower with a loofa. These showers are in and out.

Are men and women segregated in the showers because people think men will get horny and rape the women?

Rape is Probably a Consideration, but the overall Concern for Distractions from Sexual Attraction being Agitated by Nudity had to be Primary.

peace...

Its not really like that in the Military though, I was in for 7 years and you usually only shower together in basic training, maybe during an exercise or a deployment to a bare base. I myself only showered with other people during basic and that was it, and during basic you are so tired and worn out from all your training the last thing in your mind is sneaking a peek in the shower, which is why gay service members don't get found out during basic. There really aren't any gay/bi guys getting boners in the shower because if that was the case the Military would be weeding out the gay/bi people in the first weeks of training. I think co-ed showers could work and it would save money and space having to have separate showers for men, women and anyone else who wants one.

Only us veterans would understand that.

Slackers and other pussies (like the OP author) who never served a day in their life like to think the military is going to turn into one big sex romp.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

peace...

Only us veterans would understand that.

Slackers and other pussies (like the OP author) who never served a day in their life like to think the military is going to turn into one big sex romp.

Thats what I'm saying, in basic when you go to the shower after PT and training you are usually so muddy, sweaty and tired that looking at anyone is the last thing on your mind, gay or str8, people do their business and get out. Plus the showers are timed I think we only got 10-20 minutes for 50+ people, so the showers were over in a blur.

If the Justification for Segregating the Genders in the Military was Sexual Attraction, then it's Obviously time to Stop the Costly and Bigoted Practice of Segregating them.

After all, Homosexuals aren't going to be Segregated, so why Segregate ANYONE?...

Discuss.

peace...

The justification for segregation based on gender alone is simple and naturally equal too.

Military personnel should be judged based solely on their individual ability to do their job and conform to basic standards of behavior while on military time...Sexuality should be irrelevant for all. What soldiers do on their civilian time is personal and should not have any effect on their military service...If any individual soldier, gay or anti-gay, lacks the discipline to not be so effected by sexuality that it is detrimental to their ability to perform their job, then they do not meet the required standards of military behavior.

If the Justification for Segregating the Genders in the Military was Sexual Attraction, then it's Obviously time to Stop the Costly and Bigoted Practice of Segregating them.

After all, Homosexuals aren't going to be Segregated, so why Segregate ANYONE?...

Discuss.

peace...

The justification for segregation based on gender alone is simple and naturally equal too.

Military personnel should be judged based solely on their individual ability to do their job and conform to basic standards of behavior while on military time...Sexuality should be irrelevant for all. What soldiers do on their civilian time is personal and should not have any effect on their military service...If any individual soldier, gay or anti-gay, lacks the discipline to not be so effected by sexuality that it is detrimental to their ability to perform their job, then they do not meet the required standards of military behavior.

When your in the Military you don't have "civilian" time, you are on call 24/7 and are subject to the UCMJ 24/7 as well.

Discuss.

peace...

When your in the Military you don't have "civilian" time, you are on call 24/7 and are subject to the UCMJ 24/7 as well.

I'm talking about when they are off-base on their day off or weekend off, or sometimes weeks at a time...Out of uniform and out in public...Or who they may send private love letters to...With the repeal of DADT there is no need to hide in order not to breach UCMJ because it is no longer relevant.

I'm talking about when they are off-base on their day off or weekend off, or sometimes weeks at a time...Out of uniform and out in public...Or who they may send private love letters to...With the repeal of DADT there is no need to hide in order not to breach UCMJ because it is no longer relevant.

DADT is only 1 part of the UCMJ, the Military doesn't care if you are off base on vacation for weeks at a time or whatever, you are still subject to their rules. Gay people may not have to hide who they are anymore but there are plenty of strict rules in the UCMJ and they still have to adhere to all of them.

DADT is only 1 part of the UCMJ, the Military doesn't care if you are off base on vacation for weeks at a time or whatever, you are still subject to their rules. Gay people may not have to hide who they are anymore but there are plenty of strict rules in the UCMJ and they still have to adhere to all of them.

thanks

captain-obvious.jpg

And sexuality now being irrelevant should not pose any problem with adherence to every other standard of UCMJ.

thanks

captain-obvious.jpg

You can make jokes all you want but I have encountered people on this forum who believed that Military people were free to do what they want on their "off time".:doubt:

And sexuality now being irrelevant should not pose any problem with adherence to every other standard of UCMJ.

Yes but gay people still cannot fornicate with married people, officers, or go into bars/clubs that the Military cites as off limits. Sexuality is just 1 side of the coin when it comes to the UCMJ. I think alot of you really don't understand the control the Military has over its members.

Yes but [gay]

people still cannot fornicate with married people, officers, or go into bars/clubs that the Military cites as off limits.

Sexuality is just 1 side of the coin when it comes to the UCMJ. I think alot of you really don't understand the control the Military has over its members.

:confused: Isn't that bold part true for all regardless of sexuality...? Point being that yes sexuality is indeed just "one side of the UCMJ coin"...

Yes but [gay]

people still cannot fornicate with married people, officers, or go into bars/clubs that the Military cites as off limits.

Sexuality is just 1 side of the coin when it comes to the UCMJ. I think alot of you really don't understand the control the Military has over its members.

:confused: Isn't that bold part true for all regardless of sexuality...? Point being that yes sexuality is indeed just "one side of the UCMJ coin"...

Yes that is true for everyone, my point is there are still alot of strict rules in the UCMJ that can get you into trouble. I was told in a briefing when I first entered the Military that only missionary style sex is allowed and oral and anal sex is not, no I am not kidding. A girl made a sex tape giving a blowjob and was court martialed for it when I was in, these rules may have changed but I doubt it.

Forum List

Back