It's simple

gatortarian

Oct 6, 2010
If you want less of something you tax it, if you want more of something you subsidize it.

It then follows that if you subsidize poverty...

If you want something just whine alot. The government will give it to you just to shut you up and get your vote.

That's one pro poverty vote then.

Hey look....this idiot thinks he can read minds, too! He MUST be a "conservative"....

Not hard to figure out when you attack the messenger rather than the message.

Seeing as that is precisely what you did, you shoudl know. Say "hello" to my ignore list. Enjoy the company of other great minds like Libocalypse, TeaPartySamurai and Stephanie. You should all get along swimmingly!

LOL, awesome. Just ignore people you disagree with. You attacked me, not the other way around.

You've been here a while.... what's your excuse?

What's yours?

At the risk of stating the glaringly obvious to the terminally stupid, I didn't make any statements about the OPs posts. You did. Ergo, the onus is on you to present your excuse.

The saddest part about your entire exercise in futility is that you are moranic enough, or maybe it's simply your narcissistic personality, to ASSume that I somehow owe YOU, of all people, anything. In case your obsessive compulsive disorder kept you from noticing, I did not address you at all in this post, until your ego maniacal nature made you jump into the thread in hopes that people would actually believe you mean something around here. What's more, you actually presume that I give a shit what you think. Too funny.

If you want less of something you tax it, if you want more of something you subsidize it.

I'll give you an E, for Effort.

I guess I should point out why you don't get an A, or even a C- here.

By your logic, if you want less poverty then you tax it. So if poor people have higher taxes, they'll become less poor.

And then this isn't even addressing the reality that poverty is an inherent condition of a relatively-free-market class-based society and no amount of subsidies (welfare, I'm assuming) or taxes will completely equalize the classes. Our society needs a class hierarchy, and there's always going to be people at the bottom.

By your logic, if you want less poverty then you tax it. So if poor people have higher taxes, they'll become less poor.

And then this isn't even addressing the reality that poverty is an inherent condition of a relatively-free-market class-based society and no amount of subsidies (welfare, I'm assuming) or taxes will completely equalize the classes. Our society needs a class hierarchy, and there's always going to be people at the bottom.

So....tax breaks for the richest Americans will NOT fix the problems?????:eek:

So....tax breaks for the richest Americans will NOT fix the problems?????:eek:

Nope.

Tax breaks also do not smell like unicorn farts.

And if we tax the shit out of poor people, they'll become rich. This is elementary troll logic 101, dude.

But if we free up more and more money for the richest of the rich, they will use that money to create more and more jobs for the poorest of the poor, right?

The free market created poverty? That's a new one. Can you please name me a system that does better at eliminating poverty than free market capitalism?

The post I made was to point out the inherent problem of the welfare state. The only solution I ever see is to simply allocate more funds for the poor without addressing the root cause of poverty. The easier you make it to remain poor and the harder you make it to get out of poverty the more poverty you will get. I never proposed taxing the poor, but it does raise the question of what is the best way to alleviate it. More money with no accountability is clearly not the solution.

Forum List

Back