Amazon Prime TV... doing what Amazon does...

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
... bleeds you for more money by constantly finding ways to fee you to death.
Only reason I have Prime is for the Prime discounts and free books on Kindle, as well as free shipping, which itself isn't free, you subsidize or pay shipping cost ahead by paying them $139 yr.
Other than that, no way would I pay for Prime TV.

Anyhow - now they have put ads in everything unless you pay them an additional $2/mo.
You may say - "don't most of them do that?" - yes they do, but they don't also want you to pay for regular shows like Prime does on top of your subscription.
Only reason I complain is Amazon in the past year has been joining with other channels and increasing their exclusive "only on Amazon" content. This is a disturbance in the force of streaming TV, and if they all keep doing this, streaming TV is absolutely going to end up being just like cable TV bundling ripoffs.

I've done no business with Amazon since they damn near ruined the USPS with their sweetheart deal.
I am a trapped consumer of Amazon like so many others.
Brick and mortar stores are gone everywhere, even as few as 10 years ago you would be hard pressed to not be able to find anything you needed/wanted within 10 miles of your home.
Those days are gone. The stores like WalMart/Target/Costco etc. - they carry only high turnover items. They don't carry items that don't sell quickly, and when they do - the choices are very limited.
I hate buying from Amazon, do not want to support them... but it can be that or literally have to drive 100 miles round trip to find something you need.

Brick and mortar stores are gone everywhere, even as few as 10 years ago you would be hard pressed to not be able to find anything you needed/wanted within 10 miles of your home.
Those days are gone. The stores like WalMart/Target/Costco etc. - they carry only high turnover items. They don't carry items that don't sell quickly, and when they do - the choices are very limited.
I hate buying from Amazon, do not want to support them... but it can be that or literally have to drive 100 miles round trip to find something you need.
Well one good thing about Amazon if you have family that are in other states and you want to send them something and get it there the next day or two Amazon works great

I've found that I can find most stuff I need on eBay at a cheaper price, sometimes much cheaper. Of course I won't get it in two days either.

LOL....I pissed a guy off no end on another site that used to post-up Amazon "deals" all the time (mostly sporting goods) and I would counter with a cheaper price on a new item I found on eBay. ;)

What gets me at times is a item from eBay will arrive by Amazon! Mostly they are wholesalers with 100K+ transactions. I guess they buy cheaper and operate on smaller margins.

Only reason I have Prime is for the Prime discounts and free books on Kindle, as well as free shipping, which itself isn't free, you subsidize or pay shipping cost ahead by paying them $139 yr.

Anyhow - now they have put ads in everything unless you pay them an additional $2/mo.
You may say - "don't most of them do that?" - yes they do, but they don't also want you to pay for regular shows like Prime does on top of your subscription.
Only reason I complain is Amazon in the past year has been joining with other channels and increasing their exclusive "only on Amazon" content. This is a disturbance in the force of streaming TV, and if they all keep doing this, streaming TV is absolutely going to end up being just like cable TV bundling ripoffs.
YUp. I have stopped watching.

I dropped Amazon at the end of football season, probably won't go back, it seems all content they did not produce has a rental fee, it's not worth it to be a Prime member.

I've found that I can find most stuff I need on eBay at a cheaper price, sometimes much cheaper. Of course I won't get it in two days either.

LOL....I pissed a guy off no end on another site that used to post-up Amazon "deals" all the time (mostly sporting goods) and I would counter with a cheaper price on a new item I found on eBay. ;)

What gets me at times is a item from eBay will arrive by Amazon! Mostly they are wholesalers with 100K+ transactions. I guess they buy cheaper and operate on smaller margins.
Aren't you special.

As long as the ads remain at the beginning of the shows or movies and don't start popping up in the middle of a movie or show, I'll deal with it. Thus far they're brief, no more than three minutes, and one of them is always a wall of icons of Amazon shows/movies.

when you sign up to work for them...they tell you you may have to work holidays and Sundays if it is called for.......
It hit them really hard as they service a leftist mountain community. When dems move into the WH they move there in droves and order everything except door dash and the like, nobody will service them up there.

First the contract carries said fuck that noise then they put their few counter folks on the road and they either quit or transferred.

Fuck Amazon.

I deal with it by enjoying the commercials.

I deal with it by enjoying the commercials.
You are right, streaming services are going to end up looking a lot like cable. It is inevitable. The major complaints about streaming services is they don't offer what cable offers; a wide variety of entertainment including sports, news, weather, local, regional, and nationwide programing as well as apps that allow you to access most streaming services all under under one standard interface. Regardless on what service(s) you use, it always seem like the movie or series you want to watch is always on another service.

It is not that you can't get the content on the Internet that you get on cable. The problem
is getting it in a format that is convenient and easy to use. For that you need a consolidator that will provide you with a standard interface and a standard search mechanism.

Amazon now requires non-Prime customers to spend at least $35 to qualify for free shipping, which was raised from $25. Amazon Prime subscribers pay $14.99 on a monthly basis and they still qualify for free shipping. I don't think it is worth paying $150 per year for Amazon Prime and I would stop buying from Amazon from now on.

Forum List

Back