Amazon Prime TV... doing what Amazon does...

I dropped Amazon at the end of football season, probably won't go back, it seems all content they did not produce has a rental fee, it's not worth it to be a Prime member.

It is when your wife orders multiple things a week from Amazon.

... bleeds you for more money by constantly finding ways to fee you to death.
Only reason I have Prime is for the Prime discounts and free books on Kindle, as well as free shipping, which itself isn't free, you subsidize or pay shipping cost ahead by paying them $139 yr.
Other than that, no way would I pay for Prime TV.

Anyhow - now they have put ads in everything unless you pay them an additional $2/mo.
You may say - "don't most of them do that?" - yes they do, but they don't also want you to pay for regular shows like Prime does on top of your subscription.
Only reason I complain is Amazon in the past year has been joining with other channels and increasing their exclusive "only on Amazon" content. This is a disturbance in the force of streaming TV, and if they all keep doing this, streaming TV is absolutely going to end up being just like cable TV bundling ripoffs.
Iha
Only reason I have Prime is for the Prime discounts and free books on Kindle, as well as free shipping, which itself isn't free, you subsidize or pay shipping cost ahead by paying them $139 yr.

Anyhow - now they have put ads in everything unless you pay them an additional $2/mo.
You may say - "don't most of them do that?" - yes they do, but they don't also want you to pay for regular shows like Prime does on top of your subscription.
Only reason I complain is Amazon in the past year has been joining with other channels and increasing their exclusive "only on Amazon" content. This is a disturbance in the force of streaming TV, and if they all keep doing this, streaming TV is absolutely going to end up being just like cable TV bundling ripoffs.
Prime has to be one the worst subscription streaming services, slow connection time, random forced re-authorization, unable to connect, often no trailer or means of previewing, no way to remove items from the continue watching folder, can’t rate items, searches are inaccurate snd services that you subscribe to under Prime can not be accessed except when logged into Prime.

Yes, the only reason to have Prime is free shipping and Kindle. Considering how much we order from Amazon Prime saves over a hundred a year. So the makes Prime Video pretty cheap.

Last edited:
Iha
Prime has to be one the worst subscription streaming services, slow connection time, random forced re-authorization, unable to connect, often no trailer or means of previewing, no way to remove items from the continue watching folder, can’t rate items, searches are inaccurate snd services that you subscribe to under Prime can not be accessed except when logged into Prime.

Yes, the only reason to have Prime is free shipping and Kindle. Considering how much we order from Amazon Prime saves over a hundred a year. So the makes Prime Video pretty cheap.
i have none of those problems.....

Eventually you will. My wife and I have both watched a lot of programs and movies. Some were very good. We have both Paramount+ and Britbox which adds a lot of really good stuff.
eventually?.....i have had them for close to 10 years....when do you think it will start happening?..........

eventually?.....i have had them for close to 10 years....when do you think it will start happening?..........
I have not idea.
I have found some of the problems I mentioned, unable to rate items, removing items from "continue watching" and frequent reauthorization exist only when accessing Prime from a a TV. The search problem, lack of trailers on many items which have trailers, probably exist on all platforms. Not sure about the rest.

Although, I think Prime is pretty poorly constructed, they do have some very good material. Adding subscriptions to Britbox, Paramount+ and Acorn added a lot very good programming.

It is when your wife orders multiple things a week from Amazon.
It is worth it if you buy a lot of stuff from Amazon. My family buys so much from them that the $139 cost of Prime more than pays for shipping thus the video cost nothing. I would never pay $139 a year for the video.

Last edited:

The problem with cable is having to buy bundled packages of channels, most of which you never watch. Just having everything under one roof is very convenient, particularly when you do searches. Prime does not bundle. The price you pay for a subscriptions under Prime is the same price you would pay if you purchased it from the service.

Last edited:

I agree. I was first doing streaming as a cheap alternative to cable.... but now I might be looking for other options. I watch most my steaming these days on free services like Tubi TV. I might switch to completely free streaming.

I agree. I was first doing streaming as a cheap alternative to cable.... but now I might be looking for other options. I watch most my steaming these days on free services like Tubi TV. I might switch to completely free streaming.
One of the advantages cable has over using a number of streaming services is cable's ability to search all channels as well as all streaming services available on cable. A few weeks ago, I was looking for movies with Greta Garbo. An Xfinity search yielded 2 on TCM, 0 on Netflix, 2 on Prime 1 for rent, 1 on Freebee, and 1 or 2 on Youtube. Not saying this feature is worth the cost of cable but it's a nice have.

Forum List

Back