It's official!

Semper Fi

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2003
Wisconsin
June 10, 2008, I'll report to MCRD San Diego and being my journey to becoming a United States Marine. I signed and took the oath about a month ago, signing as 0300 (Infantry). I cant wait, just gotta finish high school, and I can finally be on my way!

June 10, 2008, I'll report to MCRD San Diego and being my journey to becoming a United States Marine. I signed and took the oath about a month ago, signing as 0300 (Infantry). I cant wait, just gotta finish high school, and I can finally be on my way!

Let the Head-Twisting Training begin!
woohoo.gif

Congrats, SF. You will live to regret it.:lol:

Congratulations. Just remember boot camp is a process, it is more mental then physical. And learn Marine Corps history, as I understand it now they do not teach it like they did in the past. That history can sustain you in a lot of situations.

And I see your going to the "Real" boot camp. San Diego. When ever someone plays the " Hollywood" game on you ask them a simple question.... Where is the ONLY place the Marine Corps trains women?

And I see your going to the "Real" boot camp. San Diego. When ever someone plays the " Hollywood" game on you ask them a simple question.... Where is the ONLY place the Marine Corps trains women?

That or if you haven't humped Smokey and Mount Mutherfucker with a full pack you don't know what humping is.

Congratulations young one!

I thank you for your service, stay safe and learn well.

Congratulations! I do hope it's everything you've hoped. 2 more years of high school?

One more year...which might turn out to be the longest one. Thanks for all of your support, and I cant wait.

Hey you...

I've not talked with ya for awhile..
Glad your still around and kicking..

Congrats for you my dear..:eusa_clap:

I'm VERY Proud of you, brother! :)

Well, Its a good thing your in high school because this would be the stupidest thing you have ever done if you were not. To sign up for the infantry in the middle of a costly and violent war is not the smartest thing to do, BUT......GOOD TIMING. Hopefully by the time you are shipped off, we will be pulling out of Iraq.

Congrats and good luck! :eusa_clap:

My husband always said that once he realized that he would never do anything fast enough, sharp enough, perfect enough because the point of basic training was mental not physical....he said he did fine. And just as others have said...he looks back on it fondly. (And now that he's attending law school full-time and not currently on active duty...i think he would relish the opportunity to have someone whip him back into basic training shape!)

Well, Its a good thing your in high school because this would be the stupidest thing you have ever done if you were not. To sign up for the infantry in the middle of a costly and violent war is not the smartest thing to do, BUT......GOOD TIMING. Hopefully by the time you are shipped off, we will be pulling out of Iraq.

Haha, I knew there would be one. Funny how you automatically say that because its not something you would do, it's a stupid decision. I guess that says a lot about your credibility. Thanks for the advice though, can you please tell me what I would like to eat for supper tonight? I wouldnt want to eat anything that YOU wouldnt eat, and therefore be stupid.

Good luck, and pay attention to what GunnyL and RetiredGySgt have to say.

Haha, I knew there would be one. Funny how you automatically say that because its not something you would do, it's a stupid decision. I guess that says a lot about your credibility. Thanks for the advice though, can you please tell me what I would like to eat for supper tonight? I wouldnt want to eat anything that YOU wouldnt eat, and therefore be stupid.

I tried to rep. You are getting way too smart in your old age! :rofl: :rofl:

OohRah. Fuckin A. GRUNT used to mean Ground Rifleman Usually Not Trained (or in some cases) Thinking. Not anymore. Be proud of yourself and get ready for a helleva ride.

Congrats, SF. You will live to regret it.:lol:

Heh Heh Heh don't give away too much now. :eusa_naughty:

Congratulations. Just remember boot camp is a process, it is more mental then physical. And learn Marine Corps history, as I understand it now they do not teach it like they did in the past. That history can sustain you in a lot of situations.

I dunno. I got really good history training at Parris Island. Later on I made all my NCO's teach it. I was a History Nazi.

They placed the WM recruits at PI to teach self discipline to the males. Something sorely lacking in the hollywood :cool: crowd.

That or if you haven't humped Smokey and Mount Mutherfucker with a full pack you don't know what humping is.

Bullshit :eusa_hand: If you haven't humped from K-pier to the Pohakuloa Training Area at a MCRE/MCRES pace ...... :badgrin:

OMG, you actually believe that tripe. You are the poster child for who I addressed here. Not that you can or will read it, but hope springs eternal.

Forum List

Back