It's official!

Well, Its a good thing your in high school because this would be the stupidest thing you have ever done if you were not. To sign up for the infantry in the middle of a costly and violent war is not the smartest thing to do, BUT......GOOD TIMING. Hopefully by the time you are shipped off, we will be pulling out of Iraq.

What an absolutely shitty thing to say.

You suck.

Well, Its a good thing your in high school because this would be the stupidest thing you have ever done if you were not. To sign up for the infantry in the middle of a costly and violent war is not the smartest thing to do, BUT......GOOD TIMING. Hopefully by the time you are shipped off, we will be pulling out of Iraq.

Vintig - you are a piece of crap. I hope you feel good about being such a slime ball, and over-all worthless citizen.

Congrats?!?!

Guys, why dont you all shut the fuck up. Am I the only one who makes sense around here? Look I dont care what the war is about, weather I support it or not, weather its a noble cause or not. You sir, are too young to be shipped off to a war that you know very little about.

Are you people getting mad at me for being concernd about a young kid that is going to be shipped of to the middle of a war zone? You call yourselves conservatives but you happily support an 18 year old kid, putting all his potential in life on the line, putting his dreams, his hopes, his fears, his future on the line and he cant even drink a beer yet? That is fucking bullshit.

You people make me sick, that you wont even think, about considering how young this kid is, you just say hey well good luck....dont die. At least TRY to ask him to stay. At least try to sit down and have a serious conversation with the boy.

What if he dies and comes back in a body bag? Are you people going to say, "well he died for a noble cause" or "he died for his country"

Hes not even 18 fucking years old yet, you dont die for a noble cause at the age of 18. Your suppose to continue your life.

Dont attack me for feeling for this guys parents. Look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself you would allow your son who is not 18 yet, to sign up for a failed and useless war?

And to the boy, I am sorry If I offended you with my original post. I just really believe you should reconsider you desision. Think about your family and how sick to there stomach they are going to be, every single day you are in the middle east. You are brave for going through with this, but listen to both sides at least. I dont know if you can get out, but for your parents sake, please try to get out. I dont care what anyone says about me, not wanting another kid, killed in Iraq.

Maybe It would be different if you were 25, or even 21, but 18.......is not an age I would support going into war. Say what you will, I am just not going to be the guy saying "congratulations" to a JR in high school, who was in the 7th grade when this war started! Possibly the 6rd grade!

No offense at all to the boy who signed up, but after 9/11 (the reason we went to war), you were watching power rangers in the 5th grade, how could you possibly know what your getting yourself into?

And as for everyone else, stop egging him on. 18 is too young for anyone to be tossed into a war zone.

All of us are Proud as heck, of you Nick...

For those of us, who have known you for yrs....
We knew that you would follow in the footpaths of your father...

Remember, to tell you dad, how much we all appreciate his service from us who all know you....And also for the ones who didn't....

You make us PROUD....

We love you Nick, and will always stand with you......don't you forget that...:thup:

Congrats?!?!

Guys, why dont you all shut the fuck up. Am I the only one who makes sense around here? Look I dont care what the war is about, weather I support it or not, weather its a noble cause or not. You sir, are too young to be shipped off to a war that you know very little about.

Are you people getting mad at me for being concernd about a young kid that is going to be shipped of to the middle of a war zone? You call yourselves conservatives but you happily support an 18 year old kid, putting all his potential in life on the line, putting his dreams, his hopes, his fears, his future on the line and he cant even drink a beer yet? That is fucking bullshit.

You people make me sick, that you wont even think, about considering how young this kid is, you just say hey well good luck....dont die. At least TRY to ask him to stay. At least try to sit down and have a serious conversation with the boy.

What if he dies and comes back in a body bag? Are you people going to say, "well he died for a noble cause" or "he died for his country"

Hes not even 18 fucking years old yet, you dont die for a noble cause at the age of 18. Your suppose to continue your life.

Dont attack me for feeling for this guys parents. Look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself you would allow your son who is not 18 yet, to sign up for a failed and useless war?

And to the boy, I am sorry If I offended you with my original post. I just really believe you should reconsider you desision. Think about your family and how sick to there stomach they are going to be, every single day you are in the middle east. You are brave for going through with this, but listen to both sides at least. I dont know if you can get out, but for your parents sake, please try to get out. I dont care what anyone says about me, not wanting another kid, killed in Iraq.

Maybe It would be different if you were 25, or even 21, but 18.......is not an age I would support going into war. Say what you will, I am just not going to be the guy saying "congratulations" to a JR in high school, who was in the 7th grade when this war started! Possibly the 6rd grade!

No offense at all to the boy who signed up, but after 9/11 (the reason we went to war), you were watching power rangers in the 5th grade, how could you possibly know what your getting yourself into?

And as for everyone else, stop egging him on. 18 is too young for anyone to be tossed into a war zone.

Yeah - you are a piece of crap. I hope to God you never reproduce. You're a waste of a citizen. A worthless coward. A Ninny. Semper has more fortitude in a hang nail than you have in your entire body.

Congrats?!?!

You know you're a shithead when you get people from another board that don't post here anymore to come out and crawl up your ass.

Congratulations.

Wow, ok......Im done talking about it. Good luck Nick, and everyone else. Fuck off.

And nick, at least speak with someone who has been in iraq, not a recruter. Someone who has been there. Then come back to me and tell me what exactly they said.

Me personally, I believe you should sign up for the army, BUT......not now. I believe you should wait till your 21.

Apparentely everyone on this thread thinks Im wrong for believing so. What a joke.

I thought this message board was open to freedom of speach? Why am I being attacked for speaking my mind?

You people act like I am insulting you or something. Have any of you been to iraq? Infact, have any of you been in any war at the age of 18? Do you have kids who joined up at 18?

Well then. Its not your place to criticize now is it?

Wow, ok......Im done talking about it. Good luck Nick, and everyone else. Fuck off.

And nick, at least speak with someone who has been in iraq, not a recruter. Someone who has been there. Then come back to me and tell me what exactly they said.

Me personally, I believe you should sign up for the army, BUT......not now. I believe you should wait till your 21.

Apparentely everyone on this thread thinks Im wrong for believing so. What a joke.

I thought this message board was open to freedom of speach? Why am I being attacked for speaking my mind?

You people act like I am insulting you or something. Have any of you been to iraq? Infact, have any of you been in any war at the age of 18?

No - YOU fuck off. This is FREEDOM of speech. You exercised your freedom of speech to betray to the rest of the free world that you are a douche bag. I am exercising MY Freedom of speech by calling you on it.

FWIW - "Free Speech" does NOT apply to message boards - bringing up that comparison is a logical Fallacy - which doesn't surprise me. The Weak often try to shift the focus off themselves, onto a different topic.

You people act like I am insulting you or something. Have any of you been to iraq? Infact, have any of you been in any war at the age of 18? Do you have kids who joined up at 18?

Yup.

Well then. Its not your place to criticize now is it?

I guess the only issue I have with your posts is that you presume he has not already done the things you suggest and decided he wants to enlist anyway.

Yeah - you are a piece of crap. I hope to God you never reproduce. You're a waste of a citizen. A worthless coward. A Ninny. Semper has more fortitude in a hang nail than you have in your entire body.

As for you. Piece of crap? Maybe. Arent we all? Hope to god I never reproduce. Which god is that? I dont remember jesus saying "if you hate someone, pray to me that they will never reproduce". So who do you think looks like the fool in "GOD'S" eyes? No need to blaspheme. Thats just low.

A worthless coward? Boy, I dont know where that came from. Do you even know me? I have done things you will only have nightmares about. And asking a kid to wait till he is 21 to join up, does not make me a ninny. Sorry, Its actually in the dictionary.

Fortitude? How old are you? What were you doing after high school?

Need I say more?

Yes I do, because you neg repped me. I wont though, despite the fact that you prayed to your god that I never have children. I wont neg rep because Its rather juvenile durning an argument. I thought the rep system was for good and bad debate points? Gunny will hear about this.

I guess the only issue I have with your posts is that you presume he has not already done the things you suggest and decided he wants to enlist anyway.

Well why dont you talk to him then, none of these other people have the right to criticize me. You, should take it upon yourself to tell him what he is going to expect at that age. Obviously its not a walk around campus.

As for you. Piece of crap? Maybe. Arent we all? Hope to god I never reproduce. Which god is that? I dont remember jesus saying "if you hate someone, pray to me that they will never reproduce". So who do you think looks like the fool in "GOD'S" eyes?

A worthless coward? Boy, I dont know where that came from. Do you even know me? I have done things you will only have nightmares about. And asking a kid to wait till he is 21 to join up, does not make me a ninny. Sorry, Its actually in the dictionary.

Fortitude? How old are you? What were you doing after high school?

Need I say more?

Yes you should say more - you should start with:

Vintig said:
"Semper Fi - Really, I, Vintij, am a douche bag for the things I've said in this thread. I know i sound like I'm anticipating your death - and I know the focus of this thread SHOULD be us congratulating you on your bravery and willingness to sacrifice a portion of YOUR freedom to protect ours. "

That'd be a nice start.

LMFAO:

Vintij = Date of Birth:
November 16, 1985

HAHA :)

So, not only are you a douche bag...but your a child, too.

That explains a few things. A LARGE NUMBER Of kids these days are Ninnies. Semper Fi is More of a man, at 18, than you are at 21. Howniceforyou.

Well why dont you talk to him then, none of these other people have the right to criticize me. You, should take it upon yourself to tell him what he is going to expect at that age. Obviously its not a walk around campus.

And I should hold such discussions in public for your edification I suppose... guess what...that isn't going to happen.

LMFAO:

HAHA :)

So, not only are you a douche bag...but your a child, too.

That explains a few things. A LARGE NUMBER Of kids these days are Ninnies. Semper Fi is More of a man, at 18, than you are at 21. Howniceforyou.

Well first of all, yes I am 21. Why am I in this discussion? Well you see, two of my best friends joined the army after high school. One died 8 months later, the other died 2 years later. So thats why Im in this conversation. Not that you care about other people.

Secondly, please do please......show me where I anticipate his death? I am not anticipating his death at all, for all we know he could go in there and come back just fine. Thats not the point though, you missed the point.

My point was, he should not even be put in a position where his life is in jepordy at the age of 18. That was my point. He wont die, our soldiers wont let him......BUT, he should not even be in a position where he COULD die at that age, which is in IRAQ, in my opinion not the opinion of the government which likes 18 year olders.

Stop attacking me and abre los ojos. Open your eyes to where I am coming from.

Well I would congratulate you if that were my birthday. Thats actually my sons birthday. Buffoon.

Secondly, please do please......show me where I anticipate his death? I am not anticipating his death at all, for all we know he could go in there and come back just fine. Thats not the point though, you missed the point.

My point was, he should not even be put in a position where his life is in jepordy at the age of 18. That was my point. He wont die, our soldiers wont let him......BUT, he should not even be in a position where he COULD die at that age, which is in IRAQ, in my opinion not the opinion of the government which likes 18 year olders.

Do you mind that he has a driver's License? Do you mind he eats red meat? Do you mind he lives near bears? He also sleeps on a bed. SIX HUNDRED PEOPLE per year die from falling out of bed.

You're not being attacked, you're being called-out on your bullshit replies to a young man deserving of your thanks and support.

Well first of all, yes I am 21. Why am I in this discussion? Well you see, two of my best friends joined the army after high school. One died 8 months later, the other died 2 years later. So thats why Im in this conversation. Not that you care about other people.

WHAT The hell? You are not only a douche bag, you are a bald-faced LIAR. Which is it - your SON'S Birthday, or YOUR birthday?

Idiot.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM

Forum List

Back