It's official!

Oh for Pete's sake, would you two give it a rest? Semper started this thread because he is proud to have joined the Marines, a decision that more than likely took a considerable amount of thought and a decision he is proud of. You two have managed to lower to the level of a grade school pissing match.

No matter how you slice it, it is a brave decision, especially when you consider the current state of affairs in the world. While it may not be a choice you yourself might make, Vintij, it because of people like Semper that the rest of us enjoy the freedoms we have.

Couldn't you have just said, "Congratulations Semper. I would not have done it myself, but I respect your decision. Stay safe and good luck to you?"

On that note...

Congratulations Semper. While I decided early on in my life, after much research and consideration, that military service was not for me, I respect your decision. Stay safe and good luck to you. Thank you for your decision to serve.

See! It is possible to attack me without using vulgar language or the power of god to strike me. I think we are making progress.

Vulgar. Right.

Vintij said:
  • Guys, why dont you all shut the fuck up.
  • Hes not even 18 fucking years old yet
  • Good luck Nick, and everyone else. Fuck off.
  • I am a pussy
  • you go ahead and continue to take it in the ass
  • Say hello to Ted haggards penis for me.
  • Dmp= Shut up you little child, you dont know shit....ass hat. ass hole. Shut up you little shit stain. Im illiterate but at least I know your a pussy.

And THIS little Gem - I'm not saying WHERE or from WHOM this was sent:

If you really like getting fucked in the ass by this administration, go sell meth to Ted haggard and let him fist you.

Now I'm too vulgar for you, douche bag?

Well said HJMCK

Perhaps your right about what I should have and did say. I was a little upset that dmp was using childish language to attack, I also dont like being called "pussy" for my idea of raising the military enlistment age. Also, I dont feel that the people who have served in the military are any different from everyone else doing their job to the best of their ability, DMP suggested that not everyone was created equal. Infact he went as far as saying that military members are "better" than everyone else. While I respect members of the military, instant elite status over the rest of American citizens does not seem fair, considering people put their life on the line to earn a wage here at home too.

I get it, I really do. I see both your points of view. And I understand how easy it is to get into these types of discussions on a message board. I guess I just finally tired of seeing what was a proud moment for Semper turn into a debate with no real answer. He's a young kid who made a big decision, he is proud of that decision and I'm sure there's a part of him that is scared.

Perhaps the discussion you and dmp are engaged in would have been best held in another thread, though I do realize that thread topics frequently evolve naturally. Take on a life of their own.

I don't know, I guess I feel like Semper's moment has been eclipsed.

I'm not trying to be a dick, I respect your points of view, I'm just saying.

Well said HJMCK

Perhaps your right about what I should have and did say. I was a little upset that dmp was using childish language to attack, I also dont like being called "pussy" for my idea of raising the military enlistment age. Also, I dont feel that the people who have served in the military are any different from everyone else doing their job to the best of their ability, DMP suggested that not everyone was created equal. Infact he went as far as saying that military members are "better" than everyone else. Dude. Whether you agree or not, I was the one who made that assertion. While I respect members of the military, instant elite status over the rest of American citizens does not seem fair, considering people put their life on the line to earn a wage here at home too.

Just clearing up an errant round fired at the wrong target :D

Forum List

Back