It’s official: Trump condones murder of Washpo journalist

President Donald Trump signaled Tuesday that he will not take strong action against Saudi Arabia or its Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for the death and dismemberment of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

In an exclamation-mark laden statement subtitled “America First!” Trump said that “our intelligence agencies continue to assess all information, but it could very well be that the Crown Prince had knowledge of this tragic event — maybe he did and maybe he didn’t!”

Trump Signals U.S. Won’t Take Punitive Measures Against Saudi Crown Prince Over Journalist’s Killing

Pretty much since day 1 the priority of Trump’s administration has been to help Saudi Arabia get away with murdering this journalist. I wonder what he’ll do next time Putin kills somebody.

Remember Trump campaigning on forcing Saudi Arabia to go to trial for 9/11? Yeah, if you believed that, I bet you still believe Mexico’s going to pay for a wall.

Please tell me you really didn't expect it to be any other way with the Orange virus?
No but we have to keep putting this stuff out there in the hopes that Trump sheep develop some shame. The midterms showed many have, but there’s still a loooong way to go.
What are we supposed to be ashamed of, ridiculing idiots?
If you had half a brain you'd be ridiculing the idiot in our WH his daughter son and son inlaw
If I had half a brain, I would be you.

What punitive action should obamaturd have taken against Iran when they captured and imprisoned our sailors?
The ones released, unharmed, after 15 hours? Good grief, go start another thread,troll....
Good grief, did you scream about this?
Iran Killing American Troops in Iraq and Afghanistan - The Atlantic
Iran responsible for deaths of 500 U.S. service members in Iraq, military officials say
Iran: US Soldiers Killed Number Over 1,000 | [site:name] | National Review

There goes Trumpster, appeasing tyrants again.
I think the Nazi's of CNN should be put up against the wall and shot for treason. There were a few good journalists that actually looked out for innocent people, not the liberal propaganda machine.

Overview
Daniel Pearl (October 10, 1963 – February 1, 2002) was a journalist for The Wall Street Journal with American and Israeli citizenship. He was kidnapped and later beheaded by terrorists in Pakistan.
Pearl was working as the South Asia Bureau Chief of The Wall Street Journal, based in Mumbai, India. He was kidnapped when he had gone to Pakistan as part of an investigation into the alleged links between British citizen Richard Reid (known as the "shoe bomber") and Al-Qaeda. Pearl was killed by his captors.
In July 2002, Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh, a British national of Pakistani origin, was sentenced to death [/img]

So after Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by Al Queda, did George Bush make an arms deal with them?
What a fucking idiot you are.
He made an arms deal with Pakistan who was harboring Al Queda and bin Laden.

On of your questions was what can be done, which you ridicule as “time out”....yet they can be effective. One example.

Trump Says U.S. Will Remain 'Steadfast Partner' Of Saudis, Despite Khashoggi Killing
Earlier this month, the U.S. stopped providing refueling support for Saudi aircraft fighting a proxy war in Yemen. Trump said the Saudis would gladly withdraw from Yemen if Iran would do the same. The war in Yemen has produced what the U.N. describes as the world's worst humanitarian crisis with more than 8 million people facing the threat of famine.

Seems to me the USA has no business telling the Saudis that they can't defend their own border with Yemen. After all it's IRAN that pushing the insurrection there. And giving them MISSILES to fire into Saudi.. Don't agree with that at all. Iran needs to be pressured to leave.

More misguided, incoherent US foreign policy from the Trump Admin.. What can I say? Did our actions have any effect on the war?

Yemen rebels fire rockets into Saudi Arabia

Shiite rebels from Yemen fired rockets into Saudi Arabia on Tuesday, killing at least three people and reportedly capturing five soldiers.

The attack is the first time the rebels, known as Houthis, have targeted a civilian area in Saudi Arabia since airstrikes on their positions in Yemen began on March 26.

So what are the EUROS doing about this murder? The Japanese? the Aussies? Does anyone care?

Or is this just about political points you'll never get because of the mountain of hypocrisy that the 2 warring tribes have built?

Last edited:
Why those priorities?

Journalists do a job. They report on things authoritarians would rather keep hidden.

Ignoring the targeting and murder of journalists is dangerous. And by publically doing so, we are sending a message.

Targeting who ELSE is not "dangerous"?? Murder is dangerous. Imprisoning ALL of the opposition media in Turkey is "dangerous". That woman being hunted down in Pakistan is "dangerous".. Why aren't leftists calling for her release and amnesty in the US. THAT'S an Amnesty case if I ever heard of one. NOT 2000 people from Cent. Amer a day that live in a country with no economy and no law enforcement.

Tell me -- and please answer -- what's your solution?

Do you have the kitchen sink to throw in here too?

Amnesty is a whole different issue.

Turkey’s treatment of journalists, dissidents, and educators is horrific. I have posted on it before, back when Erdegon was beginning his purge...didn’t seem to be much outcry then.

Does that mean we should ignore what the Saudi’s did? Give them a green light? When does matter?
Question is what other countries does this give the green light too?

Did you get that talking point from Chris Cuomo? Sounds like it.

Like there's gonna be a race to erase journalists because we don't slap the Saudis around a bit. Next thing you know CHINA might make a few dozen people disappear.. How about 100,000 Uighars in China just disappearing?

Here's the deal. The US ALONE is not the world's moral compass. You want to piss about Trump? Why don't you tell me what FRANCE, AUSTRALIA, JAPAN, and the UK are doing in reaction to this ONE murder? Or did CNN not cover that for you?
Was he a resident of America?

Obviously didn't hold an American passport because he wouldn't have needed a Saudi marriage certificate from their embassy. It WOULD be different if he was an American. The priorities for action should be --

!) American leaders or official envoys or other agents of OUR govt.
2) Any other American citizens.Including journalists.
3) Any world citizen that is a member of a persecuted minority that is big enough to fill a stadium.

Other hits and bad justice around the world? If it's ILLEGAL in that country, might be interested. Problem is -- rule of law is a Western notion. And i'm not into cultural imperialism..

The Bible says,"thou shall not kill" and Trump enables a murderer.

upload_2018-11-20_23-50-2.png

Trump didn't "enable" jack shit. He simply refused to poke his nose into an affair that couldn't possibly benefit America in any way. Dims want him to smack the hornet's nest with a stick, but he's not taking the bait. Turds like you are willing to harm the United States for the benefit of your filthy political party.

The National Buffoon can't bring himself to listen to the audio recording that might convince him. It would be too painful for his delicate sensibilities.

Of course you said, 'feck the journalist'. I preferred to ignore it as juvenile, until you insisted. If you want to pretend it's okay to murder a man because one disagreed with what he wrote, it's up to you.

Convince him of what? That Saudi Arabia is NOT like the U.S.? I think he already knows that and refuses to be intimidated into listening to a a snuff-recording. I think Trump understands who and what he is dealing with and is applying an adequate strategy. BTW Mr. Khashoggi was basically a reformist who advocated for women's rights, and an introduction of secularism .....

"According to CNN he also had embraced the Enlightenment and American idea of the separation of church and state.""

Jamal Khashoggi - Wikipedia

Khashoggi entered the Saudi consulate in order to get documents related to his planned marriage and was never seen alive again. I am wondering what those 'documents' were and why he needed them so bad as to enter enemy territory. Something smells however that is Saudi intrigue and drama due to Sovereign rule. Many countries are basically the same, like Briton for example.......

View attachment 230021

I have respected you for several years, even though we rarely agreed.
As a Christian, I can no longer respect you.
You're about as Christian as Osama bin Laden.
^ ironic
How is that?
Because you're as Christian as Osama bin Laden, trash.

The National Buffoon can't bring himself to listen to the audio recording that might convince him. It would be too painful for his delicate sensibilities.

Of course you said, 'feck the journalist'. I preferred to ignore it as juvenile, until you insisted. If you want to pretend it's okay to murder a man because one disagreed with what he wrote, it's up to you.

Convince him of what? That Saudi Arabia is NOT like the U.S.? I think he already knows that and refuses to be intimidated into listening to a a snuff-recording. I think Trump understands who and what he is dealing with and is applying an adequate strategy. BTW Mr. Khashoggi was basically a reformist who advocated for women's rights, and an introduction of secularism .....

"According to CNN he also had embraced the Enlightenment and American idea of the separation of church and state.""

Jamal Khashoggi - Wikipedia

Khashoggi entered the Saudi consulate in order to get documents related to his planned marriage and was never seen alive again. I am wondering what those 'documents' were and why he needed them so bad as to enter enemy territory. Something smells however that is Saudi intrigue and drama due to Sovereign rule. Many countries are basically the same, like Briton for example.......
They were copies of his divorce papers. The Turkish government wanted proof of divorce before they issued the marriage license to marry his girlfriend. He went there previously to get them. He was told they had to be ordered and would be at the embassy in four days. He had returned to get them when he was killed.

Trump is no different to Merkel, Macron and every other European leader. All continue to do business with the saudis. No one cares about Saudi's internal issues.

Forum List

Back