Its Noon On Thursday, Did Obama's Justice Department Turn in Their Homework?

I just sent the following letter to the Justice Department and a copy to the President

You're actually going to comply with the demands of this judge who demands that you account for in writing for what President Obama has said ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL?? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE! Complying with this BS would set a very dangerous precedent. This idiot judge who is so stupid he doesn't even know that the courts DO NOT HAVE JURISDICTION OVER CAMPAIGN SPEECHES should have been told to go to f... hell right then and there. He should have been told that the President will say whatever he damn well pleases while he is on the CAMPAIGN TRAIL and he should have been told that that if he doesn't like it then that is just too damned bad. (ok, maybe not quite that blunt, but that's what he should have been told)

His calling the Affordable Health Care act "Obamacare" would alone be reason to be removed from the case. But with his absurd, stupid, idiotic, arrogant demand that President Obama, or anybody, account for what President Obama says on the CAMPAIGN TRAIL he should be impeached.

He wasn't on the Campaign Trail.
It was a news conference on the WH lawn.

Same thing applies. It's none of the courts damn business what he says on the White House lawn. In fact he can say whatever he damn well pleases where ever he damn well pleases and whenever he damn well pleases and it's none of the courts damned business unless it has some kind of legal backing, like a executive order or something like that

Yeah they'll be sure to use that letter in the contempt charge brought against the attorney who got the order.

A contempt charge for not giving an account of Obama's campaign speeches??? Sadly that could happen. Obama needs to fight this and he needs to fight it hard. He needs to be angry and he needs to be vicious

Too late.

Our illustrious AG has already meekly complied.*

Bwahahahahaha!

:lmao:

Last edited:
I just sent the following letter to the Justice Department and a copy to the President

You're actually going to comply with the demands of this judge who demands that you account for in writing for what President Obama has said ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL?? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE! Complying with this BS would set a very dangerous precedent. This idiot judge who is so stupid he doesn't even know that the courts DO NOT HAVE JURISDICTION OVER CAMPAIGN SPEECHES should have been told to go to f... hell right then and there. He should have been told that the President will say whatever he damn well pleases while he is on the CAMPAIGN TRAIL and he should have been told that that if he doesn't like it then that is just too damned bad. (ok, maybe not quite that blunt, but that's what he should have been told)

His calling the Affordable Health Care act "Obamacare" would alone be reason to be removed from the case. But with his absurd, stupid, idiotic, arrogant demand that President Obama, or anybody, account for what President Obama says on the CAMPAIGN TRAIL he should be impeached.

Although I think the author of the OP is a bit off the rails in his rhetoric, I will say again (since I voiced the opinion my own self, earlier): I think the "request" by those judges for a letter from the DOJ IS actually a bit out of bounds.

I'd be more than happy to see Holder knuckle under.

But as a matter of principle, I don't think I'd "honor" the "request."

For something as absurd and arrogant as this I don't think it's possible to go off the rails

Although I think the author of the OP is a bit off the rails in his rhetoric, I will say again (since I voiced the opinion my own self, earlier): I think the "request" by those judges for a letter from the DOJ IS actually a bit out of bounds.

I'd be more than happy to see Holder knuckle under.

But as a matter of principle, I don't think I'd "honor" the "request."

For something as absurd and arrogant as this I don't think it's possible to go off the rails

YOU argued that because a judge used the term ObamaCare, he should be impeached.

:lol:

Pretty much off the rails.

Yeah they'll be sure to use that letter in the contempt charge brought against the attorney who got the order.

A contempt charge for not giving an account of Obama's campaign speeches??? Sadly that could happen. Obama needs to fight this and he needs to fight it hard. He needs to be angry and he needs to be vicious

Too late.

Our illustrious AG meekly complied.

Bwahahahahaha!

No it's not too late, impeachement proceedings can still be bought against him. Interesting to see that you're so please and gleeful at this amazing overreach of judicial power. Let me take a wild guess. You've complained about "activist judges" in the past and that they're "stepping out of bounds"?

Too late.

Our illustrious AG has already meekly complied.*

Bwahahahahaha!

Perhaps he will be "ordered" to fully comply. If he'd made his ltitle larger, it would have filled three pages. ; )

Yes. When an attorney is ordered by the court and does not do it, the charge is contempt of court.

I do hope that obama gets angry and gets TRULY vicious with the court. He hasn't done nearly enough to be vicious. There are only veiled threats, he needs to make some REAL ones.

Well, it seems obvious that when a judge requests you clarify a department position, it's probably good to do so, especially when it involves an ongoing case.

He wasn't asking him to clarify a department order. He was demanding that Obama, or in this case his Justice Department, account for something he said in a news conference, which is none of the judges damned business. In fact I believe that the lawyer did clarify the position when he answered yes to the question on the White Houses position on if the Courts can overturn laws. They said yes. That's all the judge needs.

And what the fuck is it with this it has to be three pages single spaced bullshit? What is this, fucking high school?

It was NOT a campaign speech dumb ass, he made the comments to the Press Corps IN the White House. What lets say it was and get him for improper use of his position visa via campaigning. Shall we?

i can understand those that do thinking that obama can lie if he wants to. I understand that it is up to each listener to discern the truth. I understand that free speech allows people to lie about anything. However, when the president of the united states tells such outlandish lies about the duties and authority of the judicial branch in such a way as to broadcast the lie through the media and totally mislead listeners regarding what the supreme court can and cannot do, what the supreme court has already done hundreds of times...it's time for the arrogant ass to get educated.

I believe the "request" for the letter comes more in the form of an order than a do me a favor and tell me in writing what you meant.

Perhaps we'll see holder indicted for contempt

the 5th circuit court scolds obama – then schools him | the gateway pundit

posted by andrea ryan on tuesday, april 3, 2012, 10:36 pm

by: Andrea ryan

i will not throw spitballs at the supreme court… i will not throw spitballs at the supreme court… i will not throw spitballs at the supreme court… repeat this statement fifty more times, president obama, single-spaced, on three pages, by thursday.
This is what happens when our constitutional lecturer president stands on the white house lawn and astoundingly challenges the authority and credibility of the supreme court; he gets issued a homework assignment on the fundamentals of our constitution.

it's none of the judges damned business what he meant.

i can understand those that do thinking that obama can lie if he wants to. I understand that it is up to each listener to discern the truth. I understand that free speech allows people to lie about anything. However, when the president of the united states tells such outlandish lies about the duties and authority of the judicial branch in such a way as to broadcast the lie through the media and totally mislead listeners regarding what the supreme court can and cannot do, what the supreme court has already done hundreds of times...it's time for the arrogant ass to get educated.

I believe the "request" for the letter comes more in the form of an order than a do me a favor and tell me in writing what you meant.

Perhaps we'll see holder indicted for contempt

the 5th circuit court scolds obama – then schools him | the gateway pundit

posted by andrea ryan on tuesday, april 3, 2012, 10:36 pm

by: Andrea ryan

i will not throw spitballs at the supreme court… i will not throw spitballs at the supreme court… i will not throw spitballs at the supreme court… repeat this statement fifty more times, president obama, single-spaced, on three pages, by thursday.
This is what happens when our constitutional lecturer president stands on the white house lawn and astoundingly challenges the authority and credibility of the supreme court; he gets issued a homework assignment on the fundamentals of our constitution.

it's none of the judges damned business what he meant.

Also in case you missed it in civics class, it's not the job of the courts to give the President "homework"

I think that maybe this three page single spaced shit is an attempt to make the President look like a child, the student, and the judge look like the adult, the teacher. It's obvious he's not going to decide this own the merits. His use of the term "Obamacare" shows that. That would be like some judge, during Bush's term, calling Bush "Bush the selected"

Holder thought it was because he wrote the letter.

Perhaps obama will take this personally. Leak the Justices home addresses to the New Black Panthers, arrest a few for treason.

Step it up. Get into a real fight with the court.

He has to comply or risk possible impeachment.

Do you think the President is above a court order?

A court order like this? Yes he is

Or would you prefer that this become standard procedure, which if he does comply I hope to shit it does and I hope to shit that LIBERAL judges then use it as often as possible. That'd be real fun with President Romney considering his flip flopping

And let him risk impeachment. Why the hell not? Yeah, let the Republicans go on record as saying that this kind of shit is ok with them and that a federal judge can demand that anybody can be ordered to write a three page single spaced letter at anytime for any reason

Let's have a few liberal judges, as many as possible in fact, start demanding that Republican Presidents write three page single spaced letters accounting for what they said on the White House lawn

Too late.

Our illustrious AG meekly complied.

Bwahahahahaha!

No it's not too late, impeachement proceedings can still be bought against him. Interesting to see that you're so please and gleeful at this amazing overreach of judicial power. Let me take a wild guess. You've complained about "activist judges" in the past and that they're "stepping out of bounds"?

You are a bit slow on the uptake. I am a conservative who actually nonetheless AGREES that the "assignment" to the Government by the Court was inappropriate. My position was that the AG should have said, "no."

For purely political reasons, however, I am quite amused that the inept AG meekly knuckled under, however. By doing so, he DOES look a bit like an errant child.

I don't think his mommy and daddy are going to be all that pleased when they get the grade on his homework assignment.

:lol:

And, sure. I absolutely DO object to activist judges. That, however, has exactly nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Thanks for playing. Go collect your door prize on the way out.

Fox was just reading Holder's letter. Sorry, no, I wasn't really paying attention at all so don't know what it said . . .too many people and animals bouncing in and out of here today. But the admin complied with the request.

Which means they don't have any back bone

I hope to hell there are some fucking liberal judges out there and that they are taking notes and that they fully intend and will pull this exact same shit with Republican Presidents.

And why the hell isn't this clowns use of the word "Obamacare" not being contested?

Yes. When an attorney is ordered by the court and does not do it, the charge is contempt of court.

I do hope that obama gets angry and gets TRULY vicious with the court. He hasn't done nearly enough to be vicious. There are only veiled threats, he needs to make some REAL ones.

No. When the Government is "ordered" by the Court to have a boss provide an essay, the AG could very well have instead politely declined and instead merely affirmed tha the advocates from the DOJ handling the case IN Court were the proper parties to speak FOR the government.

If the Court then insisted, the Government COULD have more formally and stiffly refused and either taken their chances with a fight as to a possible contempt citation OR sought leave to appeal the assignment of "homework" from a judicial panel.

There were a number of options. It is certainly arguable that the AG took the proper and even fairly mature approach. But as a matter of principle, I would have been more inclined to fight it were I representing the Administration in Court as the AG.

I can understand those that do thinking that Obama can lie if he wants to. I understand that it is up to each listener to discern the truth. I understand that free speech allows people to lie about anything. However, when the President of the United States tells such outlandish lies about the duties and authority of the Judicial Branch in such a way as to broadcast the lie through the media and totally mislead listeners regarding what the Supreme Court can and cannot do, what the Supreme Court has already done hundreds of times...it's time for the arrogant ass to get educated.

I believe the "request" for the letter comes more in the form of an ORDER than a DO ME A FAVOR AND TELL ME IN WRITING WHAT YOU MEANT.

Perhaps we'll see Holder indicted for contempt.

The 5th Circuit Court Scolds Obama – Then Schools Him | The Gateway Pundit

Posted by Andrea Ryan on Tuesday, April 3, 2012, 10:36 PM

By: Andrea Ryan

I will not throw spitballs at the Supreme Court… I will not throw spitballs at the Supreme Court… I will not throw spitballs at the Supreme Court… Repeat this statement fifty more times, President Obama, single-spaced, on three pages, by Thursday.
This is what happens when our Constitutional lecturer president stands on the White House lawn and astoundingly challenges the authority and credibility of the Supreme Court; he gets issued a homework assignment on the fundamentals of our Constitution.

The Administration was represented in the judicial proceeding. The lawyer answered the question. The homework assignment was kind of petty. Call it an "order." Ok. So? Challenge that "order."

I'm just saying, I'd not stand for it if I was the AG.

I'm truly ok with it if this AG sees fit to just meekly comply. In fact, I'd love to see how his homework assignment stacks up against what his dopey boss said.

It's not a homework assignment, it's bullshit. Calling it a homework assignment is nothing more than a racist attempt to portray the President as a child, a "boy"

Forum List

Back