antifa on trial?

rampart

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2023
Will Carless April 8, 2024

In his sentencing memo Thursday, U.S. District Judge Cormac J. Carney made it clear why he was letting Tyler Laube off lightly.

It wasn’t just because of what Laube did or didn’t do – the defendant had already confessed to beating a journalist at a 2017 Southern California rally and pleaded guilty to violating riot laws as part of a white-supremacist gang.

Laube deserved a light sentence, Carney said, because prosecutors should have focused on leftist groups.

In a 22-page memo, Carney repeatedly said prosecutors have “ignored” violence committed by Antifa and instead focused on targeting people like Laube — Trump supporters and members of the far-right.

“Sentencing Mr. Laube to additional incarceration would only increase the disparity between his punishment and the lack of punishment (and prosecution) members of far-left groups who have committed the same violent conduct received,” Carney wrote. The sentence: time served, 35 days, rather than the six months prosecutors had sought.

The same day Laube received his light sentence at the federal courthouse in Santa Ana, the largest-ever prosecution of members of Antifa in American history was going to trial just 89 miles away. .......................................

Read more: Saying prosecutors should focus on Antifa, judge frees white supremacist in beating

1.; i'm on usmb and i did not know that antifa is on trial in california or anywhere else? you guys will have to do better than that.

before i navigate to that trial just one little thing.

when did everybody else is doing it" become a mitigation factor in a criminal trial. if "slap on the wrist" justice is being served on these proud boys and such, does that become the usual sentence for violent imsurrewction?

In his sentencing memo Thursday, U.S. District Judge Cormac J. Carney made it clear why he was letting Tyler Laube off lightly.

It wasn’t just because of what Laube did or didn’t do – the defendant had already confessed to beating a journalist at a 2017 Southern California rally and pleaded guilty to violating riot laws as part of a white-supremacist gang.

Laube deserved a light sentence, Carney said, because prosecutors should have focused on leftist groups.

In a 22-page memo, Carney repeatedly said prosecutors have “ignored” violence committed by Antifa and instead focused on targeting people like Laube — Trump supporters and members of the far-right.

“Sentencing Mr. Laube to additional incarceration would only increase the disparity between his punishment and the lack of punishment (and prosecution) members of far-left groups who have committed the same violent conduct received,” Carney wrote. The sentence: time served, 35 days, rather than the six months prosecutors had sought.

The same day Laube received his light sentence at the federal courthouse in Santa Ana, the largest-ever prosecution of members of Antifa in American history was going to trial just 89 miles away. .......................................

Read more: Saying prosecutors should focus on Antifa, judge frees white supremacist in beating

1.; i'm on usmb and i did not know that antifa is on trial in california or anywhere else? you guys will have to do better than that.

when did everybody else is doing it" become a mitigation factor in a criminal trial. if "slap on the wrist" justice is being served on these proud boys and such, does that become the usual sentence for violent imsurrewction?
White guy gets off.

A. you won't find any of "them" criticizing this; and
B. Really? Surprised?

If Jan 6 had been 20000 black people there'd be 20000 dead black people rather than 1 dead MAGAT.

White guy gets off.

A. you won't find any of "them" criticizing this; and
B. Really? Surprised?
what surprised me was that a group this size, so politically charged and continuously scapegoated could go to trial, in california, with so little coverage.

the light sentence for a confessed violent goon is merely trump's america in action.

The Possessed Deserve an Exorcist

I don't know much about the Proud Boys' aims or activity, but Antifa needs to be hunted down and wiped out.

what surprised me was that a group this size, so politically charged and continuously scapegoated could go to trial, in california, with so little coverage.

the light sentence for a confessed violent goon is merely trump's america in action.
From the press perspective he's nothing.
From the MAGA perspective, he's an embarrassment they'd rather not discuss and certainly don't want identified with them.

So...

...The same day Laube received his light sentence at the federal courthouse in Santa Ana, the largest-ever prosecution of members of Antifa in American history was going to trial just 89 miles away
That "largest ever prosecution" is 2 people... :cuckoo:

Selective Alliance

Laude is an anti-semitic Neo-Nazi, so he can't be a "Trump supporter." He can be against the Antiffies and their fawning jurinalists, so even a goose-stepper can do America some good if he is limited to stomping on shared enemies of Great America.

Selective Alliance

Laude is an anti-semitic Neo-Nazi, so he can't be a "Trump supporter." He can be against the Antiffies and their fawning jurinalists, so even a goose-stepper can do America some good if he is limited to stomping on shared enemies of Great America.
an't be an antisenetic neo nazi and a trump supporter?

did you see any of the "good people" at charlottesvlle? 1/2 the treason caucus cosplay as nazis.

"know your ememy, and yourself" sun tzu

We are infested w/FOXNEWS-watching, MAGA-loving, hard-rightwing, corrupt, activist judges.

We're living in very dangerous times.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back