It's High Time The Churches Began To Do The Fair Thing

Every time I am in the middle of the small town closest to where we live I have to look at the ten commandments posted along fences and on buildings which are properties owned by churches. These people put up 100 ft. high crosses adjacent to Interstate highways(two on I-75 within 50 miles of one another) and every other thing they can do to "Spread Their Gospel". They preach sermons involving politicians who are running for re election....they do every "In Your Face" thing they can to promote their cause. The first thing which should be done in America is stop their tax exemption immediately. All they are is NOT SO SMALL businesses and in no way should they be able to avoid taxation.

Other than the governments of the world churches own more real property than anyone or anything else. Tax exemption is the main reason they stand in such an extraordinary position.

That is what the Bible tells Christians to do. To spread the good news of Jesus and preach it to the wole world.
The 1st amendment give us the right to do so.
Just because you have a problem with the stupidy of mankinds misinterprataion of the gospel, instead of God's bible,doesn't give you the right shut them up.

Churches in America have always been nontaxable.

The church in America is protected from the government by the First Amendment:

“Congress shall make NO law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.”

It would be absurd to suppose that you could have free exercise of religion if you had to pay for it (taxes). If Congress can make NO law respecting the church, it can make NO law to tax the church.

Folks have a right to not have to listen to you in government space or in the private work place. Your religious belief does not override others rights in those areas to listen to you yammering.

Every time I am in the middle of the small town closest to where we live I have to look at the ten commandments posted along fences and on buildings which are properties owned by churches. These people put up 100 ft. high crosses adjacent to Interstate highways(two on I-75 within 50 miles of one another) and every other thing they can do to "Spread Their Gospel". They preach sermons involving politicians who are running for re election....they do every "In Your Face" thing they can to promote their cause. The first thing which should be done in America is stop their tax exemption immediately. All they are is NOT SO SMALL businesses and in no way should they be able to avoid taxation.

Other than the governments of the world churches own more real property than anyone or anything else. Tax exemption is the main reason they stand in such an extraordinary position.

Has it not been pointed out to you previously that you are an idiot? And BTW, having been an evangelical Christian for the past 45 years, I've never heard a preacher endorse a candidate fro mthe pulpit. Now, they may preach the same values that candidates stand for, but an out and out endorsement, rare........and you know why? Because they can lose their tax exempt status for doing so. Beyond that, they can preach whatever they want. It's like TV. No one is forcing you to pay attention to what they do. Educate yourself and become a better poster.

Every time I come onto this forum, I have to read bullshit from old partisan hacks. It's not fair!!!!!!!

(One day, some left wing hack is gonna take this post out of context and use it as evidence of their bullshit accusations. LMAO)

LOL..............you talk about bullshit:

The universe was created in six days about 6000 years ago

Two naked teens and a snake in garden determined the fate of the whole human race

There was a flood in which the water level reached a hight of 29.000 ft and evaporated in a few weeks

Big fish puked up live men

Walls came tumbling at the sound of a trumpet

A virgin gave birth to the god of the universe

A man was able to walk on water

People were healed of leprosy by laying hands on them

Water was turned into fine wine

5000 hungry men plus women and children who also ate were fed with two fish and five loaves then 12 baskets of leftovers were collected

A man was hiung on a cross and bled like a hog only to show up two days later fit as a fiddle

test your intelligence. That is such a major crock of shit that only a
fool or somebody who was brainwased as a child could possibly believe
it...especially if the story was told by a few of the man's close friends 2000
years ago and never verified by anobody else. There were basically six
acknowledged historians in the world at that time. Not a one of them documented
any part of this. It would be like somebody down the street telling you that
they were taken to the planet Visarouis and examined by aliens. It would be like
Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris never being mentioned in the NY
Times.

1) The church required infant baptism for a thousand years. After people began to doubt that a loving god would burn an infant in eternal hell and protested...the church stopped requiring it. The scripture is still there

2) The church hunted down, tortured and killed young women who had been accused of witchcraft for thousands of years. When ordinary people reali ed that there is no such thing as witchcraft the church stopped mentioning it. The scripture is still there.

3) The church tolerated and often accomodated slavery for thousands of years but when the "Free Man" concept began they shut up. The scripture is still there.

4) The church required the submission of women and kept them pregnant and at home for thousands of years but after the various women's movements demanded equality the church stopped mentioning it. The scripture is still there.

5) After preaching hundreds of billions of hell fire and brimstone sermons across thousands of years when the public began to reject the eternal flames concept guess what....the church began to say it was all a misunderstanding and translation problem so we now have a flame free hell. The scripture is still there.

6) The church has condemned homosexuality and been responsible for the torture and killing of enormous numbers of human's who were born a certain way and had to either hide their lifestyle or falsely reject it. This has continued since the gospel was first preached but now modern lifestyles have even accomodated membership for many homosexuals. The scripture is still there.

Religion is a man's game written by their own interests and and anyone who fails to see the truth in the conceived image of primitive mankind and the similarities to their conceived god which reflects their own weakness has either been brainwashed with the bullschit, is very ill informed or naive.

All religions are loaded with major bullschit but none so pregnant with it as the prophesied concept of Jesus and the eighteen months or two years of his ministry.

What a minute........didn't you say that Christianity is made up of over 44,000 denominations? Which church is "the church" you speak of? That's a mighty wide net your casting there.

That is what the Bible tells Christians to do. To spread the good news of Jesus and preach it to the whole world.
Just because you have a problem with the stupidity of mankind's misinterpretation of the gospel, instead of God's bible,doesn't give you the right shut them up.

“Congress shall make NO law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.”

It would be absurd to suppose that you could have free exercise of religion if you had to pay for it (taxes). If Congress can make NO law respecting the church, it can make NO law to tax the church.

Folks have a right to not have to listen to you in government space or in the private work place. Your religious belief does not override others rights in those areas to listen to you yammering.

Same goes to those who curse in public, and on the air waves.
I don't like it, especially around children, but I respect the Constitution and they have a right to do so.
If I have to put up with cursing, you can put up with preaching.
It's about freedom of speech and a give and take attitude, so that we are a free nation.

It's a set up post designed to generate outrage. You can see the knee-jerk hatred behind the ignorance though. I guess nobody told cammobell that Christians aren't the only ones that are tax exempt.

I don't have to put up with preaching, that's just it: the Constitution is quite clear about it.

BTW, pretty much ANYTHING written about Christianity is "old news". I guess we should stop discussing the Bible altogether, then. :cool:

Every time I come onto this forum, I have to read bullshit from old partisan hacks. It's not fair!!!!!!!

(One day, some left wing hack is gonna take this post out of context and use it as evidence of their bullshit accusations. LMAO)

LOL..............you talk about bullshit:

The universe was created in six days about 6000 years ago

Two naked teens and a snake in garden determined the fate of the whole human race

There was a flood in which the water level reached a hight of 29.000 ft and evaporated in a few weeks

Big fish puked up live men

Walls came tumbling at the sound of a trumpet

A virgin gave birth to the god of the universe

A man was able to walk on water

People were healed of leprosy by laying hands on them

Water was turned into fine wine

5000 hungry men plus women and children who also ate were fed with two fish and five loaves then 12 baskets of leftovers were collected

A man was hiung on a cross and bled like a hog only to show up two days later fit as a fiddle

test your intelligence. That is such a major crock of shit that only a
fool or somebody who was brainwased as a child could possibly believe
it...especially if the story was told by a few of the man's close friends 2000
years ago and never verified by anobody else. There were basically six
acknowledged historians in the world at that time. Not a one of them documented
any part of this. It would be like somebody down the street telling you that
they were taken to the planet Visarouis and examined by aliens. It would be like
Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris never being mentioned in the NY
Times.

1) The church required infant baptism for a thousand years. After people began to doubt that a loving god would burn an infant in eternal hell and protested...the church stopped requiring it. The scripture is still there

2) The church hunted down, tortured and killed young women who had been accused of witchcraft for thousands of years. When ordinary people reali ed that there is no such thing as witchcraft the church stopped mentioning it. The scripture is still there.

3) The church tolerated and often accomodated slavery for thousands of years but when the "Free Man" concept began they shut up. The scripture is still there.

4) The church required the submission of women and kept them pregnant and at home for thousands of years but after the various women's movements demanded equality the church stopped mentioning it. The scripture is still there.

5) After preaching hundreds of billions of hell fire and brimstone sermons across thousands of years when the public began to reject the eternal flames concept guess what....the church began to say it was all a misunderstanding and translation problem so we now have a flame free hell. The scripture is still there.

6) The church has condemned homosexuality and been responsible for the torture and killing of enormous numbers of human's who were born a certain way and had to either hide their lifestyle or falsely reject it. This has continued since the gospel was first preached but now modern lifestyles have even accomodated membership for many homosexuals. The scripture is still there.

Religion is a man's game written by their own interests and and anyone who fails to see the truth in the conceived image of primitive mankind and the similarities to their conceived god which reflects their own weakness has either been brainwashed with the bullschit, is very ill informed or naive.

All religions are loaded with major bullschit but none so pregnant with it as the prophesied concept of Jesus and the eighteen months or two years of his ministry.

What a minute........didn't you say that Christianity is made up of over 44,000 denominations? Which church is "the church" you speak of? That's a mighty wide net your casting there.

The church and all it's pillars were written by people during the stone age. Just in case you missed it those antiquated near animals were totally ignorant. They believed in witchcraft and thought the earth was flat:

cosmas15-plate01.gif

That is what the Bible tells Christians to do. To spread the good news of Jesus and preach it to the wole world.
Just because you have a problem with the stupidy of mankinds misinterprataion of the gospel, instead of God's bible,doesn't give you the right shut them up.

Good to know that you don't value free speech.

I don't have to put up with preaching, that's just it: the Constitution is quite clear about it.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Don't see it. Where does it say prohibiting exercise in public?

How many threads are you going to start bashing the Christian religion? Why are you so terrified by Christians?

No business should be tax exempt. And religion is big business.

While I will agree that there are SOME churches that are run like a business...others are not. And most churches provide a lot for their communities. In our area, churches run a homeless shelter in the winter...they provide community suppers and lunches, all for free to those who ask as long as there is room. They provide gas for people who need it, bus tickets so people can get to work...I know a church that provides room and board for homeless families, this while they can't afford to replace their roof.

Then I know a church that has a restaurant, a book store and the preacher flies in a helicoptor...they don't provide a whole lot for the community and they get the same tax exempt status.

I don't know, maybe there should be something to qualify them for tax exempt status other than just declaring they're a church?

Churches should not throw their beliefs in your face. There are many that go to "church" yet you wouldn't know that if you happen to see them at some moment during the week (not all, but enough). If they actually lived what it is they preach from the pulpit, would their be any reason at all to put up a sign to prove what it is they believe? I'm not sure there are enough christians that display through their actions what they truly believe. Their christian life should be an open book, not look to an open book "sign" to display their life as a christian.

Last edited:

While I will agree that there are SOME churches that are run like a business...others are not. And most churches provide a lot for their communities. In our area, churches run a homeless shelter in the winter...they provide community suppers and lunches, all for free to those who ask as long as there is room. They provide gas for people who need it, bus tickets so people can get to work...I know a church that provides room and board for homeless families, this while they can't afford to replace their roof.

Then I know a church that has a restaurant, a book store and the preacher flies in a helicoptor...they don't provide a whole lot for the community and they get the same tax exempt status.

I don't know, maybe there should be something to qualify them for tax exempt status other than just declaring they're a church?

I can speak only for my own Church. The Catholic Church - and we do more charitable work, provide more money, provide more aid, food, shelter, clothing, etc than any other organization on this earth.

Scientology is a cult, not a religion.

not according to the tax codes. And all religions are cults

You got that shit right. Christianity consists of more than 44,000 denominations, conventions, sects, cults, sub cults, etc. If it's so important why is it by their own admission by the numbers....so complicated and confusing

Not all of these "cults", Scientology being one, actually believe in Jesus which has been the "focal point" of many Christians.

How many threads are you going to start bashing the Christian religion? Why are you so terrified by Christians?

Screw the Christian religion. Screw all Religions. All this stone age bullschit has ever done is get people tortured and killed or otherwise made afraid of something which absolutely does not exist.

I'll prove it..........if there really is an attentive god I hope he will blow your ass to kingdom come. Are you still out there

Last edited:

Screw the Christian religion. Screw all Religions. All this stone age bullschit has ever done is get people tortured and killed or otherwise made afraid of something which absolutely does not exist.

You need to:

(1) Wash your filthy-assed mouth out with soap
(2) Get dressed and out of the trailer
(3) Go to confession

Get cracking, asswipe

I can speak only for my own Church. The Catholic Church - and we do more charitable work, provide more money, provide more aid, food, shelter, clothing, etc than any other organization on this earth.

I have a friend who is catholic. When my husband was unemployed for 3 years, she told me to call her church for help. My husband was baptised a catholic. Because I was not catholic, they refused to help us. None of the other churches in the community require that you be a member to be helped, or even that you be Christian.

The Catholic church doesn't even make it on the list of places to go for help that we hand out to the homeless and they are not one of the churches that provides a community supper, free lunches or participates in the shelter program in our city.

I can see your point. However, some of these hacks can have a way of challenging your "perspective" and "approach" to your way of thinking. You aren't going to have an honest interpretation on how aspects of the bible are viewed from anyone else, but those "outsiders" who don't necessarily share in what you happen to believe.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back