It's High Time The Churches Began To Do The Fair Thing

Take away that and start taxing half I imagine of Church revenues...how will that effect their missions?
Faith based organizations do more for the poor in this country than any social service organization.

I'll tell you what is pathetic. A high number of people who are still in denial about celibacy causing otherwise decent human beings to become rapists. You people have your heads up your asses further than any group I've witnessed during my 77 years.....that includes the Ku Klux Klan.

There's 1.2 Catholics in the world and only one of you.

Ponder that, ya pinheaded, combat-evading asswipe.

what i hate is when some slime ball takes a church and turns it into his own personal money creating machine. nothing worse than that.

You need to look up the meaning of the word 'fact'. Seriously, you are delusional. I point out exactly how you are 'mistaken' about the 'billions of blah blah blah' and this is the best come back you've got?

Pathetic.

You lose.

I'll tell you what is pathetic. A high number of people who are still in denial about celibacy causing otherwise decent human beings to become rapists. You people have your heads up your asses further than any group I've witnessed during my 77 years.....that includes the Ku Klux Klan.

Yea, when you're losing an argument with logic, resort to hysterical hyperbole. Your SOP. I know.

I'll tell you what is pathetic. You and your obsessive need to force everyone to live in accordance with your own (stupid) views.

Again, I have to ask. How the fuck have you lived for 77 years and learned absolutely nothing?

Began as paper boy in 1944...I was nine years old. Pay $3.60 per week

Began to mow lawns in 1946. I was eleven years old. Averaged $20 per week during summers

Continued both papers and mowing and began to buy my own clothes when I was fourteen
went in debt for my first car before I was able to legally drive it

Began working at a full service garage when I was barely sixteen

Worked 40 hrs junior and senior year HS and 60 hours during summers...$0.60 per hour

Hired at a Uranium processing plant in 1952...rotating shift...Pay $1.71 per hour

Worked five years and was drafted into the army infantry Pay...$73 per month

Returned in 1959 and continued my job as process operator pay $3.10 per hour
The company gave me seniority credit for the time I was in the army, continued in national guards

I play keyboards and piano so I was drawing checks from three places when my kids were young. My regular job, the national guards and playing when I could with small bands and combos. Discharged from guards in 1964 as a tank commander on an M-48 Medium Patton Tank

Was laid off because of seniority in February 1961 but relocated to the data processing center where they were installing a new $2.5 million main frame computer. Continued to work rotating shift work. Took a $200 a month cut...about 30%.

Worked about 18 months, learned to program in C T and Fortran 1 and made shift supervisor. With overtime about $700 a month.

In 1968 was set up to computer operations supervisor over three shifts and 40 employees. Pay...approximately $800 a month but worked straight days and no overtime

Our center had $66 million of computing and telecommunications equipment installed on 18,000 sq. ft. of floating floor. Our power bill to TVA was over half a million dollars per year and the center required over 400 tons of refrigeration. We installed Oak Ridge's first super computer...the Cray XMP 2/4. We later upgraded to a 4.

25 years later I retired after 41 years with the same company. Good pension and at age 62 began to draw social security...about $48,000 per year total. My wife has a similar career path and between the two of us and her part time job we make about $75,000 per year.

We both have a high school education but I did complete an electronics school which lasted about two and a half years in the mid 1960's.

We have a 4br brick rancher with 220ft. lake frontage. I have a dock, well pump in the lake with six outlets for irrigation. I have a pontoon boat with a 115hp Evinrude engine and we hit the lake every once in a while for a little fishing etc.

Last edited:
damn i am glad i am not fixated on hating things i cannot change....personally i like the crosses...we have them all over the place....i have posted pics on here before of the religious symbols etc...i have ran across rainbows setting on church steeples......my favorite is the church in wv...its a whitewashed brick church but there is a cross made of red washed bricks that always seem to be bleeding.....how can you not love the art? there is so much art in religion...the crosses are part of that art....

removing the crosses would be like the taiban blowing up the statues....a loss of art.....we should never do that....

Speaking of crosses, I recently attended a baptism at a fundamentalist Christian church and the only crosses to be seen were on top of the U.S. and state flagpoles. I was a little taken aback that there weren't others, being raised RCC and having crucifixes all over the place, and the symbolism of their being on the flag pole. Is that common in Protestant churches? I know they don't usually go in for crucifixes, but to only have crosses in the place I mentioned, seemed strange for a country that revels in the seperation of church and state.

Yea, when you're losing an argument with logic, resort to hysterical hyperbole. Your SOP. I know.

I'll tell you what is pathetic. You and your obsessive need to force everyone to live in accordance with your own (stupid) views.

Again, I have to ask. How the fuck have you lived for 77 years and learned absolutely nothing?

Began to mow lawns in 1946. I was eleven years old. Averaged $20 per week during summers

Continued both papers and mowing and began to buy my own clothes when I was fourteen

Worked 40 hrs junior and senior year HS and 60 hours during summers...$0.60 per hour

Hired at a Uranium processing plant in 1952...rotating shift...Pay $1.71 per hour

The company gave me seniority credit for the time I was in the army, continued in national guards

I play keyboards and piano so I was drawing checks from three places when my kids were young. My regular job, the national guards and playing when I could with small bands and combos. Discharged from guards in 1964 as a tank commander on an M-48 Medium Patton Tank

Was laid off because of seniority in February 1961 but relocated to the data processing center where they were installing a new $2.5 million main frame computer. Continued to work rotating shift work. Took a $200 a month cut...about 30%.

Worked about 18 months, learned to program in C T and Fortran 1 and made shift supervisor. With overtime about $700 a month.

In 1968 was set up to computer operations supervisor over three shifts and 40 employees. Pay...approximately $800 a month but worked straight days and no overtime

So when you were growing up, what year did you get porked by a priest?

Our center had $66 million of computing and telecommunications equipment installed on 18,000 sq. ft. of floating floor. Our power bill to TVA was over half a million dollars per year and the center required over 400 tons of refrigeration. We installed Oak Ridge's first super computer...the Cray XMP 2/4. We later upgraded to a 4.

25 years later I retired after 41 years with the same company. Good pension and at age 62 began to draw social security...about $48,000 per year total. My wife has a similar career path and between the two of us and her part time job we make about $75,000 per year.

We both have a high school education but I did complete an electronics school which lasted about two and a half years in the mid 1960's.

We have a 4br brick rancher with 220ft. lake frontage. I have a dock, well pump in the lake with six outlets for irrigation. I have a pontoon boat with a 115hp Evinrude engine and we hit the lake every once in a while for a little fishing etc.

I really couldn't give a shit about your life history. I'm more interested in how you managed to not learn anything during these 77 wasted years.

I don't have to put up with preaching, that's just it: the Constitution is quite clear about it.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Don't see it. Where does it say prohibiting exercise in public?

Write SCOTUS, tell em they are wrong. Until then, yes, you don't preach to me in a government place or at work. End of story.
Separation of church and state is not in the constitution, it was adopted in 1947 as the satan worshiping crowd as their battle cry. The whole point of the 1st Amendment is to prevent Gov't. from running religion, it is not about praying in school, the Ten Commandments posted on court room walls, etc. etc. I can pray anywhere I want, I can where any one of my Christian based t-shirts, I am protected in doing so. If someone doesn't like it, they can not read my t-shirt or not participate in my prayer. They do not have the right to punish me, sue me, or prevent me from doing so.

damn i am glad i am not fixated on hating things i cannot change....personally i like the crosses...we have them all over the place....i have posted pics on here before of the religious symbols etc...i have ran across rainbows setting on church steeples......my favorite is the church in wv...its a whitewashed brick church but there is a cross made of red washed bricks that always seem to be bleeding.....how can you not love the art? there is so much art in religion...the crosses are part of that art....

removing the crosses would be like the taiban blowing up the statues....a loss of art.....we should never do that....

Speaking of crosses, I recently attended a baptism at a fundamentalist Christian church and the only crosses to be seen were on top of the U.S. and state flagpoles. I was a little taken aback that there weren't others, being raised RCC and having crucifixes all over the place, and the symbolism of their being on the flag pole. Is that common in Protestant churches? I know they don't usually go in for crucifixes, but to only have crosses in the place I mentioned, seemed strange for a country that revels in the seperation of church and state.
This country doesn't revel in separation of church and state, only those that are scared of Christians because they are reminded by them of their own short comings.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Don't see it. Where does it say prohibiting exercise in public?

Write SCOTUS, tell em they are wrong. Until then, yes, you don't preach to me in a government place or at work. End of story.
Separation of church and state is not in the constitution, it was adopted in 1947 as the satan worshiping crowd as their battle cry. The whole point of the 1st Amendment is to prevent Gov't. from running religion, it is not about praying in school, the Ten Commandments posted on court room walls, etc. etc. I can pray anywhere I want, I can where any one of my Christian based t-shirts, I am protected in doing so. If someone doesn't like it, they can not read my t-shirt or not participate in my prayer. They do not have the right to punish me, sue me, or prevent me from doing so.

Then write SCOTUS and let em know they need to change their rulings.

In the meantime, do not create a disruption in my government space or work space. And you may believe you last few sentences, and you are wrong.

In the meantime, do not create a disruption in my government space or work space. And you may believe you last few sentences, and you are wrong.
I am not wrong. If me praying in public or a gov't. building bothers you, that is your problem, not mine.

So when you were growing up, what year did you get porked by a priest?

I was Baptist....all you had to do with them was refuse a drink

I am not wrong. If me praying in public or a gov't. building bothers you, that is your problem, not mine.

Yep

Every time I am in the middle of the small town closest to where we live I have to look at the ten commandments posted along fences and on buildings which are properties owned by churches. These people put up 100 ft. high crosses adjacent to Interstate highways(two on I-75 within 50 miles of one another) and every other thing they can do to "Spread Their Gospel". They preach sermons involving politicians who are running for re election....they do every "In Your Face" thing they can to promote their cause. The first thing which should be done in America is stop their tax exemption immediately. All they are is NOT SO SMALL businesses and in no way should they be able to avoid taxation.

Other than the governments of the world churches own more real property than anyone or anything else. Tax exemption is the main reason they stand in such an extraordinary position.

Why do you hate the poor?

Many poor, and homeless get food, shelter, clothing, books, shoes, etc, etc, from churches.

But you want to tax them b/c there's Two big crosses within 50 miles of each other?

poor baby, grow the fuck up.

Every time I am in the middle of the small town closest to where we live I have to look at the ten commandments posted along fences and on buildings which are properties owned by churches. These people put up 100 ft. high crosses adjacent to Interstate highways(two on I-75 within 50 miles of one another) and every other thing they can do to "Spread Their Gospel". They preach sermons involving politicians who are running for re election....they do every "In Your Face" thing they can to promote their cause. The first thing which should be done in America is stop their tax exemption immediately. All they are is NOT SO SMALL businesses and in no way should they be able to avoid taxation.

Other than the governments of the world churches own more real property than anyone or anything else. Tax exemption is the main reason they stand in such an extraordinary position.

Why do you hate the poor?

Many poor, and homeless get food, shelter, clothing, books, shoes, etc, etc, from churches.

But you want to tax them b/c there's Two big crosses within 50 miles of each other?

poor baby, grow the fuck up.

Don't try to bullschit me. I lived in the church until I was sixty years old. I was there a minimum of three times a week. I was a Sunday school teacher, a member of the Brotherhood, the building committee and those who visited the sick and prisoners. I coached the RA boys in their sports. We tithed and gave extra gifts to Lottie Moon and other special drives. I spoke at churches in nearby towns and led prayer meetings. I had most of the new testament committed to memory while I was still in my twenties. I know how much of the weekly offering ends up with the poor and most churches would be ashamed to see it in print.

Churches have this unbelievable budget they adhere to. The preacher's salary, his home, his car, his travel expenses, building construction or expansion, stained glass, oak or mahagony pews, musical instruments, sound systems, steeples and memorial funds to support it, religious retreats, missionary contributions, etc. ARE YOU SCHITTIN ME

Yes, you are absolutely wrong and outside of the law. Act at your own risk.

Yep

Nope. If anyone publicly disrupts government functions or infringes on the rights of others to be left alone, then that is grounds for intervention for public disorder.

If you don't like, write SCOTUS. Telling me is not going to solve your problem.

Last edited:

Christian churches donate billions in money food and man hours every year to help the needy no matter their political or religious background !!! name a left wing organization besides the fed that does as much for the poor as they do !!!

Yep

Nope. If anyone publicly disrupts government functions or infringes on the rights of others to be left alone, then that is grounds for intervention for public disorder.

If you don't like, write SCOTUS. Telling me is not going to solve your problem.

Really? So how come the Westboro Baptists manage to offend the rest of the country with their ranting and raving?

I have the same rights as you do. My praying is not public disorder.... your ranting abuse at me for exercising that right is though.

It is freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion.

And, just so you know... I have little respect for the clusterfuck that claims to be our SCOTUS. Political hacks in robes are still political hacks.

Forum List

Back