It has become painfully, even fatally, obvious we have a police problem in this country......

And I believe congress needs to get involved.

First & foremost this is not an excuse for thuggish or criminal behavior. Nor is it a condemnation of police in general.

In the past I have created threads saying that the black community needs to get control of the culture in their inner cities.

Now it is time to recognize that we have a problem in the police community. It has become terribly obvious that temperament & judgment is an issue that the police departments across our nation are not paying a lot of attention to with regard to their hiring practices. So many police shootings seem to be questionable and it usually boils down to judgment. It makes me wonder if the screening process for selecting candidates is adequate. I also wonder if the pay is too low? So low that it attracts too many of the wrong individuals? It's like we just hire whomever applies as long as they pass a back ground check with little regard to their psychological well being or ability to function under extreme stress.
If you watch the video posted to Facebook after this latest shooting you can hear the sheer terror in the officers voice AFTER he had already killed the individual. He sounded like a child who was scared shitless.
Perhaps some nation wide standards could alleviate some of the problems with bad hires. We give these men and women a great deal of power over our daily lives so why not create some rational standards by which we determine who receives that power?

There is, indeed, a problem with the "police". And, as a black man, I'm going to explain what it is. The problem lies (not all cases) with "attitude". Black people have, for years, shown attitude - rather than complying with officers. I'm no fool. If a Cop approaches me and directs me to lie down - you can bet your ass - I'm going to lie down.

Now - white police officers are far too quick to draw their weapons and fire. That is a FACT.

The video in LA (in my opinion) clearly shows the police murdering this man. The video in Minnesota CLEARLY shows the officer murdering the man.

AS a former federal agent, and, a CCW permit holder, I can say with certainty, this young man was ABSOLUTELY correct in his actions. He told the officer that he as a CCW permit holder and that he was armed. EXACTLY what you are taught to do when interacting with the Police. He did nothing wrong. This police officer fired before thinking.
Hopefully, he is charged with murder. This man SHOULD have been riding a desk - rather than patrolling streets. You are correct in saying that he acted as a "child scared shitless". No business being on the street and, if they still had the Psychology based testing - they might have caught this.

However, you still have to understand the psychology of the situation. Police are far too used to encountering "attitude" when approaching black people. That is wrong and will ONLY change with extensive training.

Alton Sterling was armed and the gun recovered.

The major difficulty with raising standards and getting better police is that judges and juries keep finding that the police did nothing wrong. How many Freddie Gray trials or Mike Brown trials do we need to have?

Wake up.... a sexual predator with a history of vilent feloinies carrying an illegal weapon ran from the police in his car...then pulled over and wrestled with them as he was high on meth and in posession of a loaded weapon.... I mean...this guy got popped beause he DESERVED IT!

The major difficulty with raising standards and getting better police is that judges and juries keep finding that the police did nothing wrong.

Exactly, public complacency is another problem too. Juries rarely convict police for crimes they would quickly convict anyone else for. The American public still gives too much deference to people in uniform. The Kelly Thomas case in Los Angeles was a great example of this and absolutely disgusting.

The major difficulty with raising standards and getting better police is that judges and juries keep finding that the police did nothing wrong. How many Freddie Gray trials or Mike Brown trials do we need to have?

he doesn't seem to have been threatening them with the gun, you idiot.

His failure to comply while he was packing a loaded ( Illegal btw ) weapon was all the threat needed for a Black officer, White officer, Brown officer or Yellow officer to blow that pice of human shit away to the dust bin of shit where he belongs.

My guess is, in the Minnesota incident, it started out as just another racist cop fishing expedition. They were hoping to find any 'justification' for taking this man to jail.

African Americans deal with that type of racist harassment all the time. So i'm not buying the 'broken tail light' story. He died because he was a black man. I know most white people don't wanna accept that, but it is the ugly reality.

Yeah....I don't know if they see him as black....he was a latino....looked like a Latino...but the same principal might apply....this was a bad one....the Sterling shooting....that was a blessing for the neighborhood.

The major difficulty with raising standards and getting better police is that judges and juries keep finding that the police did nothing wrong.

Exactly, public complacency is another problem too. Juries rarely convict police for crimes they would quickly convict anyone else for. The American public still gives too much deference to people in uniform. The Kelly Thomas case in Los Angeles was a great example of this and absolutely disgusting.

Bullshit..... you wanna be a cop? I suggest you try it before you mouth off with all of this high experience at law and society. Alton Sterling was a no good piece of shit with a loaded illegal weapon ... on Parole....using his car as another dangerous weapon as he sped away from the Police. The World has just been improved.

My guess is, in the Minnesota incident, it started out as just another racist cop fishing expedition. They were hoping to find any 'justification' for taking this man to jail.

African Americans deal with that type of racist harassment all the time. So i'm not buying the 'broken tail light' story. He died because he was a black man. I know most white people don't wanna accept that, but it is the ugly reality.

Yeah....I don't know if they see him as black....he was a latino....looked like a Latino...but the same principal might apply....this was a bad one....the Sterling shooting....that was a blessing for the neighborhood.

Cops routinely pull black folks over for fishing expeditions. So i don't buy the 'broken tail light' sham. They were targeted because they were black. The poor guy really did die because he was a black man.

Bullshit..... you wanna be a cop? I suggest you try it before you mouth off with all of this high experience at law and society.

You want to criticize Obama? I suggest you try sitting behind the desk of the Oval Office before you mouth off with all of this high experience at running the country.

Cops routinely pull black folks over for fishing expeditions. So i don't buy the 'broken tail light' sham. They were targeted because they were black. The poor guy really did die because he was a black man.

I agree, but there is more here. The kid told the cop that he was armed and a CCW holder. The cop then says "Let me see your license and registration". Question...where do most people keep their license?

The cop, when hearing that the guy had a gun and a CCW should have IMMEDIATELY directed the guy to get out of the car and then ask him - "Where is your weapon" and, at that time, disarmed the guy, cleared the weapon and put it aside. Instead, he fired without thinking. And, to be honest here - the guy probably should not have reached into his pocket. I know it isn't right, but when someone - ANYONE - has a gun pointed at you, ALWAYS err on the side of caution.

Think of the meatheads you went to high school with only to find out years later that they became cops !

Usually dumb jock bullies.
Usually dumb jock bullies.

not many longhaired pacifist are hired and only if they will accept the skinhead persona ... same with the military.

the balance is what is lacking in the hiring practices of "law enforcement".

It was usually the dumb jock bullies who wanted to be cops. They make up most of our Police Force. And then our Government decided to Militarize them. It's a recipe for disaster. And we're seeing the deadly results.

This isn't Freddie or Mike. The two most recent incidents appear to be murder without justification. Based on what I've seen & heard I expect all officers involved to be charged. As they should be. Let the justice system do its job. A badge is not a licence to kill at will.
All of these incidents appear to be murder without justification. Until they aren't anymore. The officers will be charged and exonerated.

Yeah....I don't know if they see him as black....he was a latino....looked like a Latino....

This guy looks Latino, huh?

Philando%20Castilo%201%20_1467874502852_1519440_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Bullshit.

You're just another bigoted conservative in glee to see one more dead black man.

You simpleton. He doesn't have to be threatening. It's in his pocket. He was ordered to get down. He didn't. That's enough of a threat. The police are not obligated to wait until he pulls the gun and aims it at the cop.

You are too stupid to breathe.

These 2 cases are disturbing. Minnesota in particular.

But the numbers just don't support that there is a widespread national crisis in this stuff happening.

In fact.....lefties are claiming Hillarys emails....only 0.01% were classified and thus....to tiny a number to be significant. That's a LARGER number than the % of cops who kill someone.

So.....let's discuss it. Especially Minnesota (which I think charges should be brought on the officer). But be honest. The numbers don't show a widespread problem.

Yeah....I don't know if they see him as black....he was a latino....looked like a Latino....

This guy looks Latino, huh?

Philando%20Castilo%201%20_1467874502852_1519440_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Bullshit.

You're just another bigoted conservative in glee to see one more dead black man.

Yeah let's be real, a white person with a broken tail light would have had a much better chance of surviving the encounter. But he wasn't white. He was a black man with a broken tail light. He received a death sentence for it.

You simpleton. He doesn't have to be threatening. It's in his pocket. He was ordered to get down. He didn't. That's enough of a threat. The police are not obligated to wait until he pulls the gun and aims it at the cop.

You are too stupid to breathe.

it's always amusing when someone like you who can't string two thoughts together tries to insult other people.

you do have to be threatening for a cop to use deadly force.

Here's some sobering wise advice... Fix your tail lights folks. It could be a death sentence for ya. Especially if you're a black man. Peace.

But...But...But.. .. he was a second amendment gun nut there bugsy boy.......I mean isn't it better that a bitter clinger is gone?

Forum List

Back