Israeli Justice in West Bank Is Seen as Often Uneven

Jews, like every group from armenians to zanzibaries, have a wide spectrum of people resident. There are noble prize phycists, and there are special needs types. There are saints, and these clowns.

What is worth noting is in the Israeli community how it is handled. And how evil member of the community are handled in the pali community

Jews have a nation that represents a national dream. The Palestinians don't. When you have something to grow, protect, cherish there is a difference in how you react to attitudes that threaten dream from within.

I do agree though - there is a serious soul searching about this rising extremism that I have not seen among the Palestinians so much. What do we want to be as a people is the question.

I do hope this provokes some serious discourse and policy changes on the enequities in the West Bank in regards to crime and justice - that is long overdue.

Once again look at the facts and not the islamonazi propaganda.

Israel was the same in 1948 and in one day created a nation and a government that represented all the people. The Palestinians refuse to take this step because they stand to lose too much money and will have to start abiding by the UN charter. Then they will face being censured for every rocket they fire and will soon find that they rack up UN resolutions and become a pariah state. At the moment they have some protection and are still allowed a seat in the UN but cant vote on any matters. They will also have to renounce all their charters and laws as they oppose the UN charter principles. So the Palestinians don't want a nation unless it is one ready made for them, and taken away from the Jews by the UN.

Thank you for that Zionazi propoganda :)

Jews, like every group from armenians to zanzibaries, have a wide spectrum of people resident. There are noble prize phycists, and there are special needs types. There are saints, and these clowns.

What is worth noting is in the Israeli community how it is handled. And how evil member of the community are handled in the pali community

Jews have a nation that represents a national dream. The Palestinians don't. When you have something to grow, protect, cherish there is a difference in how you react to attitudes that threaten dream from within.

I do agree though - there is a serious soul searching about this rising extremism that I have not seen among the Palestinians so much. What do we want to be as a people is the question.

I do hope this provokes some serious discourse and policy changes on the enequities in the West Bank in regards to crime and justice - that is long overdue.

Israel was the same in 1948 and in one day created a nation and a government that represented all the people. The Palestinians refuse to take this step because they stand to lose too much money and will have to start abiding by the UN charter. Then they will face being censured for every rocket they fire and will soon find that they rack up UN resolutions and become a pariah state. At the moment they have some protection and are still allowed a seat in the UN but cant vote on any matters. They will also have to renounce all their charters and laws as they oppose the UN charter principles. So the Palestinians don't want a nation unless it is one ready made for them, and taken away from the Jews by the UN.

And yet another islamomoron posts the oxymoron that tries to show the Jews are Nazis. You cant believe in the right of the Jews to a homeland and at the same time want to mass murder them all.

No propaganda just facts that even a ten year old could understand given the evidence of the Palestinians efforts since 1988.

And yet another islamomoron posts the oxymoron that tries to show the Jews are Nazis. You cant believe in the right of the Jews to a homeland and at the same time want to mass murder them all.

No propaganda just facts that even a ten year old could understand given the evidence of the Palestinians efforts since 1988.

I want to mass murder them all? Geez, I had no idea. I better put that on my agenda but I don't know if I have the time needed to carry it out. Where do I start? Should I send out letters telling them that I am working on a mass murder scheme and ask for suggestions on how to carry it out and while we're at it could you send me a decent gefilte fish reciepe?

Zionazi=Islamonazi - I'm trying to use terminology you can relate to :)

Am I understanding you correctly that you don't have any issues with burning a family alive?

Coyote I'm still curious to know what made you reach the conclusion that Israel is often discriminating Palestinians regarding WB terrorism.

I want to mass murder them all? Geez, I had no idea. I better put that on my agenda but I don't know if I have the time needed to carry it out. Where do I start? Should I send out letters telling them that I am working on a mass murder scheme and ask for suggestions on how to carry it out and while we're at it could you send me a decent gefilte fish reciepe?

Am I understanding you correctly that you don't have any issues with burning a family alive?
Where do you get that? Israeli justice moves slowly, but it does move. Of course he doesn't like that people are hurt. That is what seperates isrealis from Pallies.

That is nasty

Well You see You've got an opportunity with this 2 acts that have to much coincidence involved, to bash and jump at conclusions.

The first association for anyone, including average Israeli is that "תג מחיר"
shows clear connection. But that's just the obvious one...mind You too obvious and correlated.

For us it's another opportunity to see how a "gut feeling" is considered more factual than evidence. That's all. If those were really "settlers" they deserve a fair trial. I won't go saying it was a set-up because of my
gut-feeling that all of those were set-up. Crime is a crime.

But You jump to conclusions and manipulate information with no evidence. There're many "journalists" who jump such trains playing the emotion card on the public, but their amount doesn't qualify as evidence.

Do You believe in fair trial, abiding the laws of Your country?

Where did I say that, are you normally so much of a liar when your arse is getting kicked ?

Your comparison is false and is based solely on RACISM and JEW HATRED, as we have shown in the past the muslims are the founders of Nazism and Fascism. That is why the Germans took the Pact of Omar and used it to formulate the Nuremberg Laws. Also many muslims joined the Germans in fighting against the Allies in WW2, notably the Palestinians under the leadership of the Grand Mufti.

So you see the moronic post zionazi which is an OXYMORON, the intelligent and educated call the Palestinians islamonazi's because that is what they are.

Where do you get that? Israeli justice moves slowly, but it does move. Of course he doesn't like that people are hurt. That is what seperates isrealis from Pallies.

That is nasty

What is nasty is him telling me I want to mass murder Jews.

Where did I say that, are you normally so much of a liar when your arse is getting kicked ?

Your comparison is false and is based solely on RACISM and JEW HATRED, as we have shown in the past the muslims are the founders of Nazism and Fascism. That is why the Germans took the Pact of Omar and used it to formulate the Nuremberg Laws. Also many muslims joined the Germans in fighting against the Allies in WW2, notably the Palestinians under the leadership of the Grand Mufti.

So you see the moronic post zionazi which is an OXYMORON, the intelligent and educated call the Palestinians islamonazi's because that is what they are.

"...the intelligent and educated call the Palestinians islamonazi's.." :lmao:

Oxymoron :)

Coyote I'm still curious to know what made you reach the conclusion that Israel is often discriminating Palestinians regarding WB terrorism.

From what I've read, the articles I've quoted in this thread: arrests in settler-sponsored violence on Palestinians are rare compared to arrests when it's Palestinian violence on settlers. Settlers are handled with kid gloves. This is well supported.

From what I've read, the articles I've quoted in this thread: arrests in settler-sponsored violence on Palestinians are rare compared to arrests when it's Palestinian violence on settlers. Settlers are handled with kid gloves. This is well supported.

Well supported by OPINIONS, not evidence.

Well You see You've got an opportunity with this 2 acts that have to much coincidence involved, to bash and jump at conclusions.

shows clear connection. But that's just the obvious one...mind You too obvious and correlated.

For us it's another opportunity to see how a "gut feeling" is considered more factual than evidence. That's all. If those were really "settlers" they deserve a fair trial. I won't go saying it was a set-up because of my

But You jump to conclusions and manipulate information with no evidence. There're many "journalists" who jump such trains playing the emotion card on the public, but their amount doesn't qualify as evidence.

Yes they do deserve a fair trial. I've never said otherwise - I believe in law.

Specifically - where have I manipulated information "with no evidence" - the speculation that it is settler extremists is not "my manipulation" it's based on statements from the IDF and I assume they know what they are talking about.

In a statement, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) described the arson as "a terror attack".
"The preliminary investigation suggests that suspects entered the village in the early hours of the morning, set the homes ablaze and sprayed graffiti in Hebrew on the homes," it said. The statement added that IDF forces are currently operating in order to locate the suspects of this attack.

Funny thing though - I never hear this argument from you guys when a Palestinian is suspected of a crime such as when the Fogel family was murdered. I look forward to seeing that condemnation of "hasty assumptions" from you in the future :)

Well supported by OPINIONS, not evidence.

Supported by statistics.

That is nasty

And still you have not produced the evidence of this claim, because you know it does not exist

Do explain why this is when the muslims are the first Nazis, and the evidence of the Palestinians joining in on the side of Germany. The Palestinians are just Nazis as shown by their actions and words..

Do explain why this is when the muslims are the first Nazis, and the evidence of the Palestinians joining in on the side of Germany. The Palestinians are just Nazis as shown by their actions and words..

The Muslim's aren't "the first Nazi's" and the whole Nazi schtick is just a cheap abuse of historical reality. If you don't like "zionazi" then lay off "islamonazi" and we can converse like adults. In the meantime, what do you think of a person who deliberately firebombs a house severely burning 3 people and burning a toddler to death?

That is nasty

And still you have not produced the evidence of this claim, because you know it does not exist

It's in the articles I posted - if you have a problem, then take it up with the article.

Yes they do deserve a fair trial. I've never said otherwise - I believe in law.

Specifically - where have I manipulated information "with no evidence" - the speculation that it is settler extremists is not "my manipulation" it's based on statements from the IDF and I assume they know what they are talking about.

In a statement, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) described the arson as "a terror attack".
"The preliminary investigation suggests that suspects entered the village in the early hours of the morning, set the homes ablaze and sprayed graffiti in Hebrew on the homes," it said. The statement added that IDF forces are currently operating in order to locate the suspects of this attack.

Funny thing though - I never hear this argument from you guys when a Palestinian is suspected of a crime such as when the Fogel family was murdered. I look forward to seeing that condemnation of "hasty assumptions" from you in the future :)

The articles You've posted claim much but don't show ANY sources.
The manipulation is in Your post, and in the way You use Your position as a 'staff-member'. Your tactics are no better than those pseudo journalists. Manipulation is trying to back up the opening post by even more posts that don't present any evidence rather than play on emotions.

Very well, so first of all the number of incidents is one factor you must keep in mind, while the second factor is the alleged actions of the suspects (note the difference between suspects and convicted criminals)
The police and Shin Bet both have dedicated departments dealing with Jewish settlers alon.
So perhaps can you be more accurate?
I'm still unable to understand the reason you say that.

Very well, so first of all the number of incidents is one factor you must keep in mind, while the second factor is the alleged actions of the suspects (note the difference between suspects and convicted criminals)
The police and Shin Bet both have dedicated departments dealing with Jewish settlers alon.
So perhaps can you be more accurate?
I'm still unable to understand the reason you say that.

Kid gloves seen softening Israeli crackdown on pro-settler vandals Reuters

Yet despite dozens of arrests, there have been few convictions, and the vandalism continues to occur almost weekly. Churches, peace activists and even the Israeli army have also been targets.

"In every incident, we go for the maximum possible charges, but in the end we tend to run up against a void in the court system," Chief-Inspector Shmuel Gerbi, lead investigator for the police's price-tag taskforce, told Reuters in an interview.

Some security officials and independent experts say if the crackdown is failing, the problem is that the justice system handles price-tag suspects with kid gloves. Even in Netanyahu's own governing coalition, there are those who advocate leniency.

...The methods recall those used against Palestinian militants, something the Shin Bet says is warranted as price taggers usually strike covertly, at dark and in small bands.

But in contrast to Israel's mass jailing of Palestinian suspects, only one price tagger has seen serious prison time so far: a man sentenced to a year for slashing Arab car tires and daubing a death threat on the wall of an Israeli anti-settler activist's home...

Police say there are only a few score culprits, many known by name. A high number of suspects - some 50 percent, according to police - are underaged, some as young as 12.

"It is very hard to get a judge to approve holding young minors for interrogation, and that makes the investigation difficult," Shaffer said.

The Shin Bet, according to one veteran officer, itself avoids using underaged suspects as informants or questioning them even briefly without their parents present.

This doesn't hold true with Palestinian minors who are frequently taken and held and questioned without parents or legal assistance. That is certainly one major inequity in the way they are handled.

Now, further in the article it's clear that they are trying to crack down on this violence but there are clear political obstacles and social obstacles when they do and equally clear - that there is a general sentiment that civil rights are important to Jewish settlers when they are arrested but not Palestinians who are routinely denied access to lawyers.

It was the first time the Shin Bet had kept an Israeli incommunicado in a price tag case. In a statement, the security agency called the three settlers' alleged vandalism a "terror attack" - implicitly putting price taggers in the same category as the armed Palestinian militants who are its usual quarry.

Uri Ariel, a cabinet minister from the far-right Jewish Home party that sits in Netanyahu's coalition, excoriated the Shin Bet for the move. Denying the settler access to lawyers, he said, recalled "dark regimes, the Middle Ages".

"The Shin Bet should be kind enough to try not to breach the civil rights of Israeli citizens," Ariel told Army Radio in a February 6 interview.

Here is another article, from PRI on stone throwers: In the West Bank Israeli and Palestinian kids who throw stones face unequal justice Public Radio International

For young people growing up in the West Bank, the quickest form of protest is never more than an arm’s reach away. It’s the stone on the ground. When hurled at the opposing side, it is a tool of violence for both Israelis and Palestinians alike.

It’s also against the law. But that law is different depending on whether you are an Israeli citizen or a Palestinian, as reporter Daniel Estrin revealed and co-authored in an investigative report for the Associated Press.

“Israeli settlers are prosecuted under Israeli civilian law, but Palestinians, who live just a few minutes away from those Israeli settlers, are subject to a completely different set of laws — military laws and the military justice system,” Estrin said.

The act of stone-throwing can be dangerous, which is why it is treated as a crime. “Rock throwing may seem like, sort of kids play, but Israeli security officials say these rocks can kill,” Estrin said.

And both sides in the conflict use stones. “This tactic of stone-throwing has been adopted by particularly extremist Israeli settlers who also throw stones at Palestinians,” Estrin said. “In the West Bank, rocks are aplenty. It’s a very rocky terrain, and all you have to do to fight someone is to bend down and pick up a rock.”

Between 2008 and 2013, the number of young Palestinians arrested by police for throwing stones was 1,142, while the number of young Israeli settlers arrested was 53. The consequences for a Palestinian, he said, can range from three to eight months of a military prison sentence, while the typical outcome for an Israeli is release without being convicted.

From Authorities handling of complaints regarding settler violence B Tselem

Israeli security forces have done little to prevent settler violence or to arrest offenders. Many acts of violence have never been investigated; in other cases, investigations have been drawn out and resulted in no action being taken against anyone.From the beginning of the second intifada in September 2000 and through December 2011, B’Tselem contacted the Israel Police concerning 352 incidents of settler-perpetrated violence against Palestinians or their property, inquiring whether investigations had been opened in these incidents and what the current status is in investigations that had been opened. Insofar as is known to B’Tselem, in 71 percent of the cases, an investigation was opened; in about 23 percent, no investigation was opened; in 6 percent no response was received or the request could not be located. An indictment was filed in only 11 percent of all cases in which investigations were opened. In cases where settlers were tried and convicted, they were generally given extremely light sentences – in stark contrast to the policy of law enforcement and punishment where Palestinians harm Israelis.

Forum List

Back