Israel may stop the barrier

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
Barrier may stop if attacks end, Israeli president says
JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel should stop building its West Bank separation barrier if Palestinian militants halt attacks, Israel's president was quoted as saying Thursday, in the most high-profile criticism yet of the contentious project.
Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, meanwhile, faced a new coalition crisis, with a key partner, the secular-rights Shinui Party, threatening to quit. If Shinui bolts, Sharon could be forced into early elections, which in turn would delay or halt his plan to withdraw from the Gaza Strip and parts of the West Bank in 2005.

The separation barrier and the Gaza withdrawal are part of Sharon's so-called "unilateral disengagement" from the Palestinians. The barrier — which runs mostly close to Israel, but also dips deeper into the West Bank in some areas — would serve as a temporary frontier until a final peace deal is negotiated.http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2004-11-25-mideast_x.htm?csp=24&RM_Exclude=Juno

Sounds like the barrier is alive and well then.

"Sharon's so-called "unilateral disengagement" from the Palestinians"
What does "so-called" meen. It IS a unilateral withdrawl from the Palestinians. The only problem that this so-called reporter has is the fact that left alone, Palestine would become another Islamic slum. Sorry fella, don't look to Israel to try to fix it. It is a Muslem/Arab issue and one that they have plenty of resources to take care of.

DaTroof said:
Sounds like the barrier is alive and well then.

"Sharon's so-called "unilateral disengagement" from the Palestinians"
What does "so-called" meen. It IS a unilateral withdrawl from the Palestinians. The only problem that this so-called reporter has is the fact that left alone, Palestine would become another Islamic slum. Sorry fella, don't look to Israel to try to fix it. It is a Muslem/Arab issue and one that they have plenty of resources to take care of.

So called means that the barrier is taking away land, farms and wells that are currently owned and operated by arabs.

http://www.antiwar.com/hacohen/h052103.html

dilloduck said:
So called means that the barrier is taking away land, farms and wells that are currently owned and operated by arabs.

Fortunately 93% of the land within the State of Israel is today controlled by the State and is formally known as “Israel lands.” This extensive territory has been accumulated by a continual process of land expropriation from private (Arab) owners, that has systematically reduced Arab land ownership to cement Jewish control over all parts of the country

Neither the Arabs nor the Jewish people own the land on which they live or farm. Almost all people have only a long term 99 year lease of Israel's soil. This is any countries rights as a sovereign state.

The Arabs create the necessity for building a wall to prevent those same Arabs from crossing into Israeli cities to explode their children.

In America this process is called the 'right of imminent domain.'

The israelis have every right to build a wall. It's too late for palestitnians to expect anything. They should have stopped twenty years ago. Now it's too late in my opinion.

Dillo Posted :

"So called means that the barrier is taking away land, farms and wells that are currently owned and operated by arabs."

You meen like what the Jews of Arab/Moslem lands lost during their eviction ?! But let's just focus on Israel why don't we ?! I'm gonna make this so simple. The '67 lines went out the window with the '67 war. Why should Israel respect a border that the Arabs have attempted to cross at every opportunity ?! Look at the big picture. The Brits didn't know their elbow from their ass when they drew that line. Look at all the trouble France and the Brits caused with their lines, and you want Israel to abide by these FUBARed gerimanderings ?! I guess the Arab/Muslim world will have to learn to live with it !! Maybe they need to be reminded that they attacked Israel several times with the publicized intent of driving the Jews into the sea. Maybe they need to be reminded that they are conducting themselves in a manner not really conducive to a trusting relationship ... with any other peoples. Maybe they need to eat a little humble pie for once. I am tired of the "poor Arabs" and their "wounded egos". Hey, you are following a religion intended to keep you in the 7th Century, so don't bitch about being left in the dust. And the egos are due for a checking too. Think of it this way .. Israel is conceding all the rest of what they could have taken, but keeping just a bit for several reasons that we need not get into again .. unless you want to. So we can lob crap over the wall all day, because it was going to happen wether the wall followed the line or not. At least this way Israel has a fighting chance.

I will give props however. The Palestinians have been pledging things that I never thought that I would hear. I hope they follow their words. There may be hope for a peaceful and prosperous region after all.

You go Right Wing Avenger !!! This is not "do over" world. Actions have real consequences. Time to grow up children. Demanding everything to the 67 borders isn't negotiating, it's a do-over. F all that. It is way late to play lets talk about Barrak's offer. Seperation is in everyone's interest, and once the Palestinians get some glaring issues under control, we can start talking about cooperation if nothing else.

DaTroof said:
You go Right Wing Avenger !!! This is not "do over" world. Actions have real consequences. Time to grow up children. Demanding everything to the 67 borders isn't negotiating, it's a do-over. F all that. It is way late to play lets talk about Barrak's offer. Seperation is in everyone's interest, and once the Palestinians get some glaring issues under control, we can start talking about cooperation if nothing else.

Talk about cooperation if nothing else?

Separation is in everyone's interest but how do you separate those who want to kill all of your citizens?

Time to talk of Israel returning to its 2000 BCE borders is the only option here.

Forum List

Back